It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No one believes me or listens to me...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

Seeing as this is a community that can see the deeper meaning behind things, does not subscribe to MSM drivel, and can think outside the "mainstream" box, I would like to ask everyone a question.

How do you deal with people who are still in the dark about things?

Let me give you some background info:
Whenever I'm with a group of people and they begin discussing real world issues and events or spirituality, they always react strongly to what I say. If I point something out or simply say something that comes from my heart, there is always one person that gets angry and calls me out. What is interesting about this is this person then causes a chain reaction, so that people who wouldn't ordinarily react that way, will react similarly to the angry person. It is so strange. Keep in mind, I'm not saying anything that is too way out there. What I do is see things a little differently and when someone asks my opinion I tell them.

When there is someone, a "big talker" or just basically somebody that talks all the time, it seems like everyone else in the room agrees with his opinion towards me in order to get his acceptance. This person is usually the one that reacts strongly. This mechanism alone tends to effectively eliminate all dissenting/differing opinion.

When I attempt to help people "pierce the veil" by saying that I believe we are losing our freedoms for example, or that the financial system is not what it seems. People look at me with an angry face like this
and tell me what I'm saying is Bull**** but they don't offer anything different other then the exact same thing I hear from the media, the EXACT same thing the media expresses, it is as if they are parrots.It is so annoying, being surrounded by these people is tiring and it feels like they take away my energy.

I guess what bothers me the most is that I have learned and am learning so much about everything in this world. It just feels like one's mind has escaped from something...like having a realization but the problem is you are actually physically still "stuck". (sorry, kinda hard to describe)

What amazes me the most is being able to understand human behavior to some extent, understanding why people act the way they do. People talking about each other behind their backs, blatantly lie to each other, seek acceptance, seek love...just the things that people do. But, it all becomes tiring, very tiring once you can see it for what it actually is. I have a friend who stresses himself out all the time studying almost every hour of the day. He is brilliant, but if one looks at him he looks 10 years older then he actually is. He kills himself everyday just to study, compares himself to everyone in his class, feels terrible if someone in class knows something he doesn't. Why does he do this to himself? He wants to get a job, to live in a middle-class home, going to work from 9-5 and that's it, killing himself to join the rat race.

It is as if everyone is living in lies and deception and yet when these lies are questioned they get angry and will fight to defend them. I guess the reason I feel so tired and drained of energy is that I just feel kind of bad, like pity. I have nothing against working hard, but what bothers me is the reason for it. My friend doesn't seem happy, he's not working for his own truth. He is not pursuing his own happiness, he is pursuing the false happiness that was fed to us all when we were young. Or his wholehearted belief in the government and that it is doing the for us and that the economy will be restored soon enough. His belief that the drone strikes were "unfortunate" but they are only for killing terrorists.

/sigh

To be honest, sometimes I wish I stayed in the dark, that I didn't discover all this information.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
You are not alone. It took me years just to get my own family to finally wake up. Now they come to me with info and questions. It was worth the wait and all the frustration. Others will just have to learn for themselves at their own pace. Just do what you do, stay awake, question everything, teach who will listen and learn, learn, learn.
And be ready for the late bloomers.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheIllusiveMan

I guess I really haven't. I've always been just a little alienated in that way. I know what you mean though. It's really tough to say anything when people aren't willing to listen.

The phrase "on a ship of fools" comes to mind.

That's when you just have to forge on ahead without the crowd. If you're with the crowd, you're going to get held back. You can only get as far as everyone else unless you move forward alone.

I've just always been the odd man out though. With family, with friends, in the classroom, at work. But you know what? Ignorance is bliss. Those of us "not in the dark" have a cross to carry.

I wish I had some comforting advice or a helpful solution. I'll stick around this thread because I need some advice and solutions myself!

edit on 12-4-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
For the most part I just try and "go with the flow" and let people believe what they want to believe. In some rare situations when I feel very strongly about something I will say what I think but I try not to be too direct in the way I present my opinion. People will often react in a very negative manner when you question their belief system in a direct or harsh manner... you sort of need to ease into it and lay the groundwork before attempting to bring out the big guns. And you MUST know the facts of what you're talking about. If you're making arguments based on vague ATS posts that you read a month ago you're going to suck at debating and holding your ground and you'll give off a very bad impression.

The result will be that no one believes you and their attacks will become worse. However if you remain calm and calculated the whole time and you first lay the groundwork and then bring out your well researched arsenal of facts, data and statistics, it will really impress people and give them the impression you know what you're talking about. Unfortunately it's not so much about what you know, but how you present what you know. If you present what you know in the wrong way it will be ignored and mocked. However if you present it in the right way it will generate awe and inspiration.
edit on 12/4/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TheIllusiveMan

I have nothing against working hard, but what bothers me is the reason for it. My friend doesn't seem

IF your friend works hard for what he wants, it doesn't matter what his "class" does or thinks of him....

He will get what he works for... "others" opinions don't matter

Especially when you're young

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by synnergy

Yeah! I did notice that about my own family. It seems like now they are more understanding and are willing to actually listen and take in what I have to say. They also have started coming to me for info and questions

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

Originally posted by TheIllusiveMan

The phrase "on a ship of fools" comes to mind.

This.

I've always felt that way too. thanks for your advice, one should just forge on ahead, after all, being informed and being able to see things has advantages

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

The facts and knowing what you're talking about is definitely an absolute must, unfortunately or maybe fortunately I learned this early on when I was arguing with a friend. I only knew vague little details and so he was able to cut right threw me, figuratively speaking of course, with his questions.

"Unfortunately it's not so much about what you know, but how you present what you know. If you present what you know in the wrong way it will be ignored and mocked. However if you present it in the right way it will generate awe and inspiration." =golden nugget of truth

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I recognise the way you experience how others react to the kind of information you voice. It is a result of the individual's current paradigm and unfortunately, perhaps for safety's sake, we tend to defend our world-view vigorously because a paradigm shift, depending on how hard it hits, is never easy to deal with and we know that inherently.
It is safe to just follow the current wherever it takes you and not reflect upon what lies ahead, much like closing your eyes when facing something frightening gives you a sense of comfort and that is the way that most of us tend to behave; perhaps for self-preservation, survival or for the sake of our sanity.

When I began to dig into the different fields of conspiracy, at times, my world broke completely, reconstructed itself and repeated the process over and over during my research into different subjects, and it definitely wasn't easy for me to handle all of the various perspectives all at once at times. I bordered on having a nervous breakdown at one point even. That was quite uncomfortable but it passed eventually.

Now, after so much research into several, and most, alternative and theoretical subjects and after spending hours upon hours watching documentaries, reading articles and books and listening to various speakers; I must admit that I still have no idea of what is what and what is not, although I am more certain regarding some points at least and this can be quite depressing some times.

I tried to bring up different topics during conversations with friends and family, mostly in vain, but some times it seemed to spark an interest and that is good enough for me. I don't try as hard anymore now but just let the topics sneak into various conversations naturally and act like it's nothing special, hehe.

At least here you will find people who share your own views and opinions, friend!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I think most people here have been through that on some level. I finally came to the conclusion that Petronius was correct: "Populus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur."

My close family has started to come around, to see that things are not as they seem.

Be steady. Be patient. Realize that most people want to be deceived as the reality is just to scary for them.
edit on 12-4-2013 by incoserv because: typo

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

we all act differently when around other people, social navigating, to make the group more homogeneous,

Thats the way, aha, aha, i like it.

different type of people can be a threat....

you just have to get along with people, and hope, you find someone who you can discuss these matters.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
No offense OP, stop whinning about it , and you become that person in the room! You call them out and call BS first.
It is that simple sorry.Not attacking you , just offering some advice.If you believe in it, then lead.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Honestly, some people are so rigid they are not capable of alternative thought.

If you think about it rationally though, why should people believe you? Afterall you're a non validated source and in many cases you are probably contradicting what actual scientists are saying. Also you recieve your "facts" from questionable sources that are either unknown or attached to a specific derogatory agenda which is perceived to be bad, but no-one (average joe) can really say why... It just is!... An example of this is that ATS is just another conspiracy website, the mere mention of it will instantly install a state of ignorance in some people and they will immediately discount your opinion without investigation of your claims.

I wouldn't beat yourself up though mate, as the saying goes "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't force it to drink". I think that it requires a particular 'type' of person who is naturally inquisitive in order to fully see the world for what it is, or at least in their own mind. Sounds like you are one of those people, many are not and that's unfortunately the root of pretty much every social and political problem on the planet as it is necessary for these types of people to exist in order to carry out the bidding of those who are enlightened and in a position of power.

It's a problem that has always existed and will continue to exist until we are extinct. It's a waste of time trying to solve it in my opinion. Just speak to those who are willing to listen if you are unable to hold your arguments against the conventional belief system.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
"The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inert, so hopelessly dependent on the system that they will fight to protect it."

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
First goal is to not scare them, remember the people are retarded and still hooked on with system. You have to slowly unplug them!

I don;t believe in many theories but some that scientifically make sense, example, hypocrisy, contradicting and double standard of religions. Or the reason for war in middle east. But there is no way i would talk about reptilians or chem trails, that's "out there" even for me.

Just toss a few ideas, and not mean it.... if they are interested they will say something, they you just continue on.

Its like Bait, Hook, Line and sinker.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Unfortunately, we have a long way to go before being able to reach the number of people we need to actually make a difference. The competition, "truth" VS disinfo, is fierce. It's hard to compete against a machine that spews mindless drivel 24/7. I've converted a few in the past couple of years. It wasn't easy. When controversial topics are put on the table I try to pick a subject that isn't too heavy. Something everybody can relate too. MSM is a good one tho start with. Get ready to get your facts straight and to have some proof readily available. Have a laptop or PC near to be able to come out with he evidence.
-------
This is a good piece to present for exposing the FOX news propaganda machine.
Fox founded to push agenda

-------
I found this is a good place to start because people can relate and some can actually laugh about it all the while recognizing that FOX are corrupt to the core. If you can have those two reactions, we're golden.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I've run into the same issue.. you're not alone. Although these days, I find people more interested in what I have to say and when people stared finding about North Korea, guess who everyone was calling to find out the news?

The fact is that people don't want to hear what they aren't ready to hear. It took years for me to get through to some people who are very close to me. Intelligent, logical people sometimes still aren't prepared for the truth.

The red pill can be hard to swallow.

How do you explain a problem to people who think there is no problem?

I found the best way to get through is to do your own thing and just make small comments here and there. In my life, people eventually got curious. I found it like explaining a complex idea to a small child. Little amounts of truth in simple terms, and definitely know your facts... then elaborate as they get used to the new ideas. In fact, at times I think it's easier to teach children...

I was "called out" on may occasions because folks want to rationalize their way of thinking and get very defensive because as intelligent people, of course think they're right. Knowing your facts and being able to provide proof will undoubtedly help.

The fact is that some people have a higher consciousness than others. Not to confuse consciousness with intelligence, you are wide awake while others still have fog in their eyes. Some of us were are here to teach and help others, and I think that's your case.

It's frustrating, but don't give up... keep trying because for all you know, that could be your reason for being here.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Get a psychology book
Look up DENIAL
thats what your dealing with.The louder the argument the worse the denial ....
These people will even get violent from time to time if you persist with facts.
The problem is a set up by the PTB.
They depend upon it.
Denial is fear based, thus very strong to break.....

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

It appears you are surrounded by a flock of " Sheeple " The sort of people who agree with the
prevailing opinion, at the time, because they either can't think for themselves, or dare to
express an unpopular / different opinion, for fear of drawing unwelcome criticism, as no one
likes being criticised ...what the hardier among us might call lively debate !

Most people like to " Fit in " and not rock the boat....

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Its called the Normalcy bias.

The normalcy bias, or normality bias, refers to a mental state people enter when facing a disaster. It causes people to underestimate both the possibility of a disaster occurring and its possible effects. This often results in situations where people fail to adequately prepare for a disaster, and on a larger scale, the failure of governments to include the populace in its disaster preparations. The assumption that is made in the case of the normalcy bias is that since a disaster never has occurred then it never will occur. It also results in the inability of people to cope with a disaster once it occurs. People with a normalcy bias have difficulties reacting to something they have not experienced before. People also tend to interpret warnings in the most optimistic way possible, seizing on any ambiguities to infer a less serious situation

You are shaking their safe little world view, and they don't like it.

You can give up and stop warning the sheep, are you can continue to ring the alarm bells, just dont expect people to listen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join