It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G3 Rifle Variant Maker, PTR, Leaving Connecticut

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

BRISTOL (TheBlaze/AP -- A Connecticut gun-maker has announced Wednesday it intends to leave the state following the passage of gun control legislation it says tramples on the rights of citizens and does not show enough consideration for the industry.

Bristol-based PTR says in a statement posted on its website that it has not decided where it will move, but it has commitments from most employees to relocate. The company makes military-style rifles and employs more than 40 people.

PTR Vice President John McNamara said Wednesday that it expects to make a more formal announcement about a move within six weeks. The company encouraged other gun manufacturers to follow suit

Looks like another firearm manufacturer is leaving an anti gun state. Hopefully they follow Colt Competition and come down here to North Texas.

Im also glad they are asking other firearm companies to relocate to more gun friendly states.

For those that are wondering what type of rifles PTR makes, they are basically a variant of the H&K G3 rifles.

Beretta, Colt Competition, and now PTR are jumping ship. Hopefully more follow soon.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
As long as this legislation doesn't pass in Ohio i will be fine with purchasing weapons wherever i have to go in order to.

Personally, I would love a Judge to defend my home with some .410 rounds.

I also would love to have a rifle like the G3 also.
A FAL would be cool too.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

These States that are making the choice to be this Administrations Politically Correct States, are hurting their own people, who now will be losing jobs from the Companies that are moving out of state. They have only themselves to blame for higher unemployment rates in their own back yards.

Des

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by RothchildRancor

In my opinion, I think you will problably be okay in Ohio. It's the extremely liberal states that are passing these anti-gun laws, and if I remember correctly, Ohio was a red state last election. In general, these PTR rifles are going for a bit over $1,000...atleast what they list as msrp. (there's still those price gougers out there though, so dont pay a crazy high price for anything. prices are starting to come down across the board). You can see what PTR is currently selling these rifles for here. www.ptr91.com...

Whatever you decide to purchase, make sure you dont get gouged. Again, atleast from what Ive seen in my area, prices on pretty much everything are coming down. Heck, a local gun shop here is now selling DPMS Oracle AR-15's for a bit over $700. A week ago I also saw Windham Weaponry AR's for around $900. Give it a couple more weeks to a couple months, and the prices are going to be hopefully where they were pre-craze.

edit on 11-4-2013 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I cant blame those owning rifles from naming their price when the demand skyrockets (supply and demand) but I am bothered when dealers take stock and put it up for sale on the internet at prices well above MSRP.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Good.If enough of these arms manufacturers leave the northern states and move down south it will make it that much easier for the South to Rise Again.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I heart my PTR-91. Knowing they're bailing on that #hole state makes me heart it even more. I'll have to buy a PTR-32 now.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
reply to post by RothchildRancor

In my opinion, I think you will problably be okay in Ohio. It's the extremely liberal states that are passing these anti-gun laws, and if I remember correctly, Ohio was a red state last election. In general, these PTR rifles are going for a bit over $1,000...atleast what they list as msrp. (there's still those price gougers out there though, so dont pay a crazy high price for anything. prices are starting to come down across the board). You can see what PTR is currently selling these rifles for here. www.ptr91.com...

Whatever you decide to purchase, make sure you dont get gouged. Again, atleast from what Ive seen in my area, prices on pretty much everything are coming down. Heck, a local gun shop here is now selling DPMS Oracle AR-15's for a bit over $700. A week ago I also saw Windham Weaponry AR's for around $900. Give it a couple more weeks to a couple months, and the prices are going to be hopefully where they were pre-craze.

edit on 11-4-2013 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

That is great news to hear!

I hope that means ammunition is dropping in price too.
Metal prices have dropped slightly in my area so maybe ammunition, also?

An AR would be cool, but I want some like an M14 but still want a high cap mag just for havsies.
For practicality though, the 10 roung mag is plenty good for the accuracy the .308 offers.

An FAL would serve the same purpose, though!

top topics

join