It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN exclusive: Hakken family located in Cuba

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

CNN exclusive: Hakken family located in Cuba

www.katc.com

Havana, Cuba (CNN) -- A man on a boat at a Havana marina told CNN's Patrick Oppmann he is Josh Hakken, the U.S. man accused of kidnapping his sons and sailing them to Cuba.
He declined to answer questions, and Cuban security asked a CNN reporter to leave.

The man, who fit Hakken's description, was with a woman who fits the description of his wife. Both were aboard a blue sailboat named "Salty." The CNN reporter also saw one child on the boat.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
This was the original story.

So parents had their kids taken [snip] decide to have a normal human response to protect their children and now have fled to Cuba. Let me say that one more time. Parents FLEE TO CUBA to avoid having their children being taken by the state.

If you told someone 50 years ago that Americans would be running to Cuba to protect their children they would call you insane. Again, this is the liberal mindset. The state owns your kids.[snip] Is this the twilight zone?

www.katc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 9-4-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Looks like you didn't read your own article.

They had attempted this before with guns. The state terminated the parents rights. Now, known criminals steal the kids ( no matter if they previously were Their kids) and remove them to Cuba - without proper passports/visa's and without proper parental rights. They were in the wrong.

Should it have been handled differently? Yes, on both ends.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Looks like you didn't read your own article.

They had attempted this before with guns. The state terminated the parents rights. Now, known criminals steal the kids ( no matter if they previously were Their kids) and remove them to Cuba - without proper passports/visa's and without proper parental rights. They were in the wrong.

Should it have been handled differently? Yes, on both ends.

[snip]. And now these 2 are criminals because they took back THEIR KIDS from the state. We're not talking about murderers, [snip]. This story is all over the media, but most fail to mention that these are even the parents of the children. They state that the kids were simply abducted which is leaving out a very big part of the story.[snip]
edit on 9-4-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Been following this for a while and its all because the wife said something against the government or a blog post or something. Went from possesion of small amount of pot to they were attending an anti government rally, to the dad used a gun to try and break into a secure foster home, to they attacked and tied up the grandmother, and on and on. Now they have been labeled terrorist, are on cuban soil, sooooo watch for the drones.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
If the state really cared about these kids they would drop all charges and reinstate custody back to the parents so that they may return home instead of now being forced to raise their kids in Cuba. If the American Government and media actually cared about the welfare of these kids that's what would be done here.

This is completely insane and it's all over a stupid plant. This is how people's lives are ruined on a daily basis by corrupt scumbags.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This truly is a defining moment for US history. The tables have turned and we are all at the wrong end of a big stick. Where this goes from here is becoming more and more obvious by the day. There is no way to justify this with any decency. And those that defend the decisions of the government in this situation are either on the payroll, or severely limited...

The times, they are a changing.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeguy
This truly is a defining moment for US history. The tables have turned and we are all at the wrong end of a big stick. Where this goes from here is becoming more and more obvious by the day. There is no way to justify this with any decency. And those that defend the decisions of the government in this situation are either on the payroll, or severely limited...

The times, they are a changing.

As I said, imagine 50 years ago telling an American that people would be FLEEING TO CUBA just to keep their own children. This entire country is ass backwards.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reminder

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances: Due to abuse of the subject matter by some (promoting various aspects of personal use, and discussing actual personal use), no new topics on this subject are allowed in any form.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

I apologize, but I thought that it was news relevant.

I shall not mention it again.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Yeah, I've been following this story. Not much adds up well for the government on this one, in my opinion.
I don't know much about the US/Cuba relation, just what I've seen in the past.
Will Cuba hand them over?

I hope not.
edit on 9-4-2013 by chiefsmom because: afterthought

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

I looked into this briefly, and it seems that in some cases the Cubans have been cooperative and in others... not so much. Apparently, Cuba has been somewhat of a refuge place for US criminals... again with Cubans cooperating when they feel like it. It honestly could go either way at this point in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
so, it's ok for the Feds to conduct an armed raid of a citizen's home to 'collect/kidnap' Elian and send him to Cuba, but it's not ok for these parents to escape tyranny by fleeing to Cuba

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
so, it's ok for the Feds to conduct an armed raid of a citizen's home to 'collect/kidnap' Elian and send him to Cuba, but it's not ok for these parents to escape tyranny by fleeing to Cuba

Why do you think so many politicians want that fence built?

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Apparently the US elections didn't modify any and all officials' unjustifiable positions.

November/January to present, Total Global Amnesia, didn't register in some minds.

How long will this unsustainable political rhetoric persist for?

Also what didn't register is the first reversal by large pollster Pew, now the majority reject this and support a change in course.

Such bizarre impediment to maintain/start a discussion toward full resolution of the problem, is a tool in/by enforcers' policies to perpetuate this out of bound action.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
And did anyone else think it was weird, the way this story was written, like CNN is the one that found them?
Like they are trying to take credit for finding them?

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
And did anyone else think it was weird, the way this story was written, like CNN is the one that found them?
Like they are trying to take credit for finding them?

I think they did? The article says the Cubans told the CNN crew to leave.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Lots of info within this thread started on the day the kids were taken.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

<<   2 >>

join