It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beretta Leaves Maryland Because Of Stricter Gun Laws

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Beretta Leaves Maryland Because Of Stricter Gun Laws

www.opposingviews.com

New legislation is forcing gun manufacturing company Beretta to uproot and take their business elsewhere.

Established in 1526, Beretta holds the distinction of being the oldest active firearms manufacturer in the world. The U.S. factory is located in Accokeek, Maryland, and has been a staple of the local economy for years.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Maryland was warned... twice! With the passing of SB281 Beretta is planning to move out of Maryland taking jobs and tax revenue with them. Many Marylanders will be moving as well to where the grass is greener and the gun laws more agreeable.

It's pretty pathetic that Maryland wants Beretta to stay and help fund the economy when the folks building the guns can't buy them. Beretta makes some of the guns that the new gun laws in Maryland ban. O'Malley has cut off his nose to spite his face!

www.opposingviews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
For anyone interested here is a link to the Breakdown of Gov. O'Malley's Gun Control Bill

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
good for Beretta !!!
i think i'll buy another one

i wonder where they'll land ... FL has room and a great climate (for business too), come on down.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
There is a lot of wooing going on with many towns in many states making proposals to Beretta in an attempt to have them relocate with the woo'ers (is that a word?).

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

i imagine the wooing has been going on for awhile but a little more never hurt

as for the woo'ers and woo'ees, i wish them a woohooting and smooth transition.
(if it isn't a word, maybe it should be ?)

i like it better than shysters, how 'bout you ?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I love my Beretta M9. Traded in my Glock 19 and used what I got from that to go towards the M9. Nearly 1,000 rounds through it and still love it.

I say, good for Beretta to leave that state. Hopefully other major gun industries follow.

ETA - Relocate to Texas.
edit on 6-4-2013 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
guess they can kiss those millions of tax dollars that Beretta brought into their state not to mention the 300 jobs that are now going to other states,last time this happend they moved to virginia for a bit so i would assume they would be reloacating to a near by state.

wonder what they will cut to compensate for the loss in tax revenue probably schools and education but they got fair warning from Beretta before this so they brought it on themselves

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Beretta 92: total junk. [Yet another reason to dis' Reagan.] I don't care if the door hits Beretta on the way out. Good riddance.

Note that the company is just playing politics. For example, there are weapons made in California that you can't own in California. Manufacturing is one thing, owning is another.

Here is the Ca. permit for large capacity clips (exceeding the purchase ban):
oag.ca.gov...

It is not as if Maryland is a state of bumpkins that can't do any other jobs. I mean, we're not talking Texas here. ;-)

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
This is why states like Texas and Florida are on the rise and states like New York and Chicago are crime ridden hell holes. Detroit is the dream it seems? People are moving to escape the liberal nanny states because not only is crime on the rise in these states, but people simply aren't able to make money. It's going to get to the point where the majority of the wealth and jobs will only be seen in red states because Democrats just can't leave people alone. The corruption truly knows no bounds and the media refuses to even report on it.

Good for Beretta, I hope more companies start doing the same.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

think the bulk of the firearms companies of the world think of california as a joke as far as gun laws goes,having grown up in California id rather have lived in Texas(think their point was that their own employees cant buy their own products and ca does not employ any beretta employees),why do you gotta rag on beretta them Italians make pretty nice guns and to have a company that is not even HQ in the usa(well Beretta usa is but i think its part of the same corporation) stand up for our rights and whatnot is a nice sign

www.beretta.com... they will be getting some more of my money as this was the deciding factor of what gun i will purchases next (probably gonna go for the carbine personally) here is to hoping they find a much more friendly roost to nest in

CX

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
Beretta 92: total junk.

I used to love using the 92, then again a lot of people hated the 9mm Browning and i loved that too.

Simple, accurate in the right hands with enough practice, enjoyed it as a faithful sidearm for many years, never a problem.

As for the company moving, nice one.

I just hope the same laws don't come into effect later in the state it moves to.

CX.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Now that all these states have lost the gun manufacturing jobs, corporate income, trickle-down economic infusions by all the workers and the local businesses supporting those manufacturers, those same product will still be made and still present in their state.

Just because you pass laws do you really think people won't get things black market? In fact because of these laws it establishes a huge underground economy black market. Formerly law abiding gun owners won't get caught with their newly outlawed articles unless they draw attention to themselves by doing something stupid/wrong. Just like the criminals never get caught unless they get taken in the act of perpetrating a crime.

So how does passing any 1920's prohibition style anti-gun laws cause less Sandy Hooks? There is a huge disconnect in the logic train. Someone isn't even on the same tracks which means people are stupid or intentionally evil.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

hmmmm, that spot on their map appears to be near Kansas ... any ideas on a for sure ?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

crime.about.com... not for sure if that is where they are moving but the laws in kansas seem more favorable and far less restrictive then the new Connecticut laws for example

www.nraila.org...

“The people have the right to bear arms for their defense and : security; but standing armies in time of peace, are dangerous to • liberty, and shall not be tolerated, and the military shall be in strict subordination to the civil power.”

en.wikipedia.org... so it seems in the past few years kansas has become a much more pro gun state with the adding of carry laws and now NFA (class 3) weapons are now legal in that state with the correct permits,i wish they would come to montana to give NEMO arms some company but i think our population is too low for them but we are getting a new cabellas in a few more months

www.kansascity.com... few other candidates trying to woo them though i would assume by the end of the month we will know where they are gonna move too

this slightly off topic but related lawenforcementtoday.com... talks about how when magpul left colorado it was not just the gun jobs that left but the jobs in the plastics manufacturing industry

Texas, South Carolina, Mississippi, Alabama and Idaho are actively competing to attract gun manufacturers and gun related industry to their states. Between that and Beretta’s warning, Maryland Senate President Thomas V. Mike Miller Jr. (D) stated “I’m concerned. I think they’re going to move. They sell guns across the world and in every state of the union-to places a lot more friendly to the company than this state.” Interestingly enough, Magpul out of Colorado, should it move, will bring along with it the plastics industry it supports, meaning more jobs lost for Colorado.

edit on 6-4-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

This just in, NYC is banning all banking and financial transactions.

Wisconsin has outlawed cheese.

And Florida has declared oranges to be illegal.

Dafuq???

edit on 6-4-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Hope they move on down to Georgia. One of the more gun friendly states I know.

Got property - you can carry on it without a permit.
Got a vehicle - you can carry in it without a permit.
Have a business - you can carry, open or concealed, without a permit inside the establishment - no permit req.
Want to have that AR15 as your everyday defense weapon - you can carry it, open only if loaded - no permit req.

So Beretta, come on down to GA...just be sure to bring your skilled labor.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
oh well

I guess we'll just have to find a way to survive with 270 million guns in this country

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Hey, perhaps the anti-gun supporters can fund the unemployment for those workers in Maryland that just lost their jobs.

Hope more companies do this, hope ammo suppliers start the same. (and would be nice if they stop selling to HOMELAND Security as well)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Someone tell them to come to mississippi! Our real estate costs 1/3 of Maryland and we will never let go of our guns, gov Bryant included. The Feds will have to murder every last one of us

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join