It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Wins!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I'm so happy. I just saw on Fox that Keyes only has 10% of the vote while Obama has 88%. This is awesome. So my home state of Illinios won't have to suffer under the reign of Alan Keyes!!! Go Obama!!! It appears that Keyes has no chance of winning the race for senate.

[edit on 11/2/2004 by cyberdude78]

[edit on 3-11-2004 by John bull 1]

[edit on 11/3/2004 by cyberdude78]

[edit on 11/3/2004 by cyberdude78]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
what "side" is he on?

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I guess Jesus doesn't want Alan Keyes to win.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I never understood when Keyes ran in Illinois or if he even lived there.
I didn't understand some of the positions he took. Positions that seemed at odds with where he stood when he ran for president.

I'll bet he's not gonna be very disappointed if he loses, IMHO

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chaosica
what "side" is he on?
Keyes was the Republican/Conservative replacement for Jack Ryan. I think one of the things Keyes wanted to do was give tax breaks to everybody who's ancestors were slaves in the US. Basically he wanted lower taxes for almost every black in the US. Go Obama!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Looks like Keyes lost.

He did not stand a chance against Obama.

Obama is being groomed for bigger and better. It would not be hard to imagine him as President one day. (Maybe 15-20 years) Best speaker I have heard since Bill Clinton.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
It's official, Keyes has lost. Obama wins. According to Fox, the losing canidate is supposed to pick up the phone and congratulate the winning canidate. Apparently Keyes has not done that. Supposedly Keyes says that he will not go down to thank his supporters until Obama does with his supporters. Sore loser
I'm so happy that Obama won.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Watching Obama give acceptance speech now. I have to admit, I thought Keyes was a flake, and had I resided in Illinois this round, I would not have voted for him

I don't like Obama, but Keyes was way too out there on the lunatic fringe.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Okay, you folks are telling me that you thought Keyes even had a remote chance? Come'on you can't take down Obama, its not gonna happen.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Obama is a rising star in the Democratic party. If he keeps his nose clean, he will be a force in the near future. i son't say this lightly as I am a Republican. I am glad to see Keys go, I can't stand the man

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
HELLO!

So...we've decided to segue from pre-election bull-crap rhetoric, to gloating, right?

I mean this post wasn't about the joy of Obama winning, it was about the joy of Keyes losing.

Well WTF-ever. Let's just step in the next pile of bull-#.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
HELLO!

So...we've decided to segue from pre-election bull-crap rhetoric, to gloating, right?

I mean this post wasn't about the joy of Obama winning, it was about the joy of Keyes losing.

Even Rush Limbaugh said that Obama's DNC speech was "great."

Need I say more?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I voted for Keyes, even though I knew he had no chance.

That he's a bit different is true. He speaks in front of an audience the same way he does at Joe's pub. There is no man behind the mask. Obama had 3 years to prepare for his campaign; Keyes had a few months.

Obama is very likable though. A great speaker and very personable.

He was introduced at his acceptance speech by his wife, who said to the crowd:

" My baby's daddy, Obama"

Very well thought out and professional opening.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
HELLO!

I'm sorry, I suppose you're right. Simply put I can't stand the idea of Keyes winning. Keyes wasn't even from Illinios, nor did he ever live in Illinios. It would be disasterous for Illinios if Keyes won. Non the less point taken, so let the celebration of Obama begin!!! (I'll edit the subject line)

top topics

join