It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

!!!NEW EPISODE!!! - "Ancient Aliens: The von Daniken Legacy" *April 5, 2013 9pm EST on H2*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

NEW EPISODE - "Ancient Aliens: The von Daniken Legacy" *April 5, 2013 9pm EST on H2*

The von Daniken Legacy:
Examining author Z. Sitchin's controversial theories about alien life

I know many members have mixed opinions about "Ancient Aliens" and 'Erich von Daniken", but for those interested, a brand new episode airs tonight, April 5th, 2013 @ 9.00p est (Eastern Standard Time) on H2 (The History Channel 2).

This new episode addresses the theories put forth by the author and long-time proponent of Ancient Aliens, Z. Sitchin.

He is well known among the Ancient Aliens conspiracy audience for a series of publications he released known as "The 12th Planet" series.

The theories he proposes are very intriguing and make a compelling argument for the existence of aliens in our ancient past. Offering speculation that these ancient aliens could’ve even be responsible for the creation of modern man.

Although I do enjoy the ‘Ancient Alien’ series, I think it is time we get another quality series that can string together several seasons before being cancelled.

I like how these guys come up with correlations for nearly every cave drawing, rock carving, or ancient artifact ever discovered. Many of their ideas may be bogus, but they point out some things I would have never seen otherwise.

I also like the fact that the episodes air on a reputable network and are capable of reaching millions of people around the world. If we ever expect to have real disclosure, we need these theories and ideas to reach as many people as possible. This is why I do appreciate H2 for broadcasting the Ancient Aliens series.
edit on 5-4-2013 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/6/2013 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Member requested.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Reply to post by esteay812

I gotta admit that while I do not agree with most of what they pitch, this show is a guilty pleasure of mine. 2nd

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SaintLuck

I think a lot of people feel the same as you. It reminds me of the late/great Dale Earnhardt #3. Fans either loved him or loved to hate him, either way, they all tuned in to see what might happen next!

It's no so much how accurate they are, but more of how they spark ideas with outside-the-box thinking. The claims they make could potentially lead a viewer to discover or realize something they would have never thought of on their own.

The only thing I am confused with is how these episodes are released. They don't seem to be on any real schedule, like a standard T.V. Series that airs weekly. Ancient Aliens episodes seem sporadic, as if there is no real season. They just air episodes whenever they get them in... or maybe I am missing something.

!!EDIT FOR THE OPENING POST!!:

I accidentally labeled the publications of 'The 12th Planet Series' as works of von Daniken, when they are works of Z. Sitchin. I had a brain cramp!

The book I was thinking of is called 'Chariots of the Gods' - von Daniken
edit on 5-4-2013 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Thanks for posting the new video.

I have to watch this show on the computer since they moved to H2.

I have always loved watching AA! I think they point out some very interesting possibilities.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I love watching Ancient Aliens, very intriguing. Makes you think outside the box. As much as I am a fan of the show, I must admit that I'm rather disappointed on the lack of "new" evidence the past 2 seasons. If you remember, they did an episode on Von Daniken the first season. They keep going back to the same things, with a "few" new and hot topics of interest. Has anyone else noticed how they've recycled interviews from previous seasons (including the first season which was how long ago?)? I'm sure someone else out there who's watched every episode of every season recognized this.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Hii,

I really like this show, it is finally proving us that we human beings has been creation of Aliens from outer space.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Perhaps the greatest achievement of "Ancient Aliens" is that it has mainstreamed the Ancient Astronaut Theory through the History Channel. While this can be classified as a "cult" fascination, on similar standing with Freemasonry, advocates of the Ancient Astronaut Theory on "Ancient Aliens" anchored the relevance of their beliefs on the 2012 Mayan Prophecies. Now that 2012 has come and gone, the hype around the show seems to be fizzling.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I have read a few of Daniken's books and although I think he comes up with a lot of good stuff I disagree with his conclusions.

The good thing about Ancient Aliens is is helps remind us we don't know all there is about our origins. Science doesn't have all the answers and we must keep looking, asking questions even if those questions are not popular. Only in this manner will we learn more than what we know today.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Where do you go to watch? I too don't have H2 so am looking for where to see this.
second line

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by FeistyFemme
I love watching Ancient Aliens, very intriguing. Makes you think outside the box. As much as I am a fan of the show, I must admit that I'm rather disappointed on the lack of "new" evidence the past 2 seasons. If you remember, they did an episode on Von Daniken the first season. They keep going back to the same things, with a "few" new and hot topics of interest. Has anyone else noticed how they've recycled interviews from previous seasons (including the first season which was how long ago?)? I'm sure someone else out there who's watched every episode of every season recognized this.

Ancient Aliens is a guilty pleasure of mine...but the last two seasons are getting ridiculous, but it seems deliberate to me. I've seen a lot of post stating "outside the box" thinking...but bigfoot being an alien is just preposterous. The "box" is censored...as it always had been to conventional science. Science is trying to put AA back into the censored box...TPTB didn't expect people to really entertain these theories, so now it's time to make the show and it's hosts look like idiots and the theories seem so outlandish that people would, in the future, dismiss the question of ancient visitation and go on about their lives.
This is what I have been observing...any thoughts?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I hardly ever agree with anything they say on this show however they show us real archeological sights that bewilder us as to how ancient man achieved such things with such low technology. They spin everything to be caused by ancient astronauts and its entertaining to watch them spin stuff even when it is really farfetched it is cute and funny. I would not be surprised if Aliens visited our ancient past and would not be surprised if some bible stories are based on ancient contact with Aliens though the show has NEVER shown anything that makes is believe it is true for sure.

I think I like the show because much of it is based on real history then spun toward the ancient astronaut theories so I actually learn real historical things in between the nonsense and see places I never heard about or will never see otherwise.

Great entertainment even if it is all untrue!
!
edit on 7-4-2013 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
this by far is the best show on television! every thing they talk about are thoughts I have had for years. I think these guys are pioneers and are very much on to something. I was always force fed the whole god a church things as a kid and even at a early age had trouble believing what I was being told. for some reason this show hits all the points I have questioned for years! very awesome!

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Yep a guilty pleasure of mine as well.

I watched that last episode aired about Von Daniken and followed up with the movie Prometheus and I would have to say that I felt like throwing rocks at whoever advised on that movie. Ancient Aliens was by far more entertaining to me.

I'm not a believer of aliens zipping around commonly but I cannot get past the idea that "they" may have come before. I tend to use the rational that they scan their skies just as we do ours and it isn't beyond the realm of speculation that once life started taking foothold on this planet that we were detected and visited.

I love ancient history and admittedly it does excite me a little to see other ideas and theories (that make at least a small bit of sense) that knock on conventional thinking's door.

I love the archaeology and I often wish I could visit these sites myself but (for now until I hit the lotto) I will have to be satisfied with ancient displays on TV.

Also, admittedly, some of their ideas make me laugh like the example a previous poster mentioned. Come on... Bigfoot an ancient alien? But overall I find myself enjoying the show even if I know that they may be way off the mark on a lot of their conjectures.

As well, some people have mentioned that the show does tend to recycle but I dispel those thoughts by knowing that there really are just a limited amount of ancient "discoveries" that they have to draw on. I personally wonder why more research isn't done. It doesn't even necessarily mean looking for things to support Ancient Alien theory and when I read that only 1% of ancient cities on the Yucatan have actually been unearthed it makes me wonder why there isn't more of a drive to discover our ancient past no matter where it shall lead.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
EDIT TO ADD ANCIENT ALIENS EPISODE 'The von Daniken Legacy':

reply to post by FeistyFemme

I have noticed the constant 're-hash' of topics... that's partly why I mentioned being ready for a new show.

I didn't realize it when I opened this thread a couple days ago, but immediately following this new episode of AA, there was also a new episode of 'America's Book of Secrets' (which I am constantly confusing with 'Brad Metzler's: Decoded') with the episode title, Ancient Aliens.

It was a pretty good episode. It did seem a little pro-believer, but they also added a few skeptical assertions to level the playing field. I'll look for a copy somewhere and post it as soon as I find it.

reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I understand why some may dismiss his conclusions, I dismiss some of them as well. However, I do feel like a few of his questions are very relevant today and need to be answered - if that's even possible.

reply to post by Terminal1

Like anyone, I can't say for certain that Alien UFO's are visiting or if the UFO's seen in our skies today are of Earthly origin, but I do believe the UFO's originate from beings we are unaware of.

As far as Ancient Aliens, I am convinced they were here, but I think many of the connections made on 'Ancient Aliens' and as many 'Ancient Alien Theorists' believe (couldn't help myself - did you hear Ancient Aliens' Host in your head as you read 'Ancient Alien Theorists'?) are inaccurate.

I just don't see how there could be so many correlations between Ancient aliens and ancient artifacts & civilization. If all their speculation is true, then aspects of the 'Ancient Aliens' theory would permeate almost all facets of modern knowledge. That type of saturation would surely have people from every career field demanding anwers - that is, if something so prevalent could ever be hidden in the first place.
edit on 7-4-2013 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

I didn't even bother to watch the bigfoot and monsters episodes were just pointless and stupid. Yeah I agree that since it's become mainstream that they had to throw in some off topics.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

I also watched America's Book of Secrets (Ancient Astronaut Cover-up). I thought the episode was just ok, but I guess that's because a lot of evidence aired on previous Ancient Aliens episodes. My favorite episode from that show would have to be Fort Knox.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I know many members have mixed opinions about "Ancient Aliens" and 'Erich von Daniken"...

sorry but there is no possibility for having any mixed opinions related to this known and sentenced impostor, money thief, embezzler, plagiarist,....

most of his theories are proven as copied from science fiction books and short stories he read in his jail times - where he began to wrote his first succesfull books - he was one of the editors for the internal jail-newspaper

he even made a false testimony in february 1961 about the death of his son to obtain by fraud money from a hotel burning - claiming for money compensation........he just "forgot" that his son died 4 weeks before this fire disaster and that this got also covered by the media

when he get asked about that lie by serious journalists today he starts to laugh or answers with weirdness like....... do you have to take a piss like me or are you also an alien that never goes to the toilet

every single claim he made in the past 50 years was easy to debunk - most of the time without any need of further informations - he contradicts himself even on the same pages in his books......

...you must be very dumb to claim in the early 70ies that you have done a 24hour drive from a point in south america to a cave at the santiago river, visiting the "biblioteca metálica".........when it is even today tecnically impossible to do this in less than 72 hours (by car)

in the german language regions in europe (germany, austria and switzerland) everybody know this and nobody takes him serious

when he made a major claim with a specific date which - of course - was not fullfilled...he just gets cover under the media-radar for some months........sells esoteric products, healing bracelets on shopping tv.......and comes back after this with a new "scientific proven" claim

here in europe we know this - so it just "feels" ridiculous that he even gets one minute of your american screen time

we are still ashamed about 2008, where he got a ufo alien show on a bigger station together with uri geller which is called unanimously one of the biggest cringe-making desasters for german tv in the past 20 years

new topics

top topics

join