It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA March Unemployment, Disaster. Lowest worker rate since 1979!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The print came in about an hour ago on US Unemployment. It was a disaster.

the number of people not in the labor force which in March soared by a massive 663,000 to a record 90 million Americans who are no longer even looking for work. Even worse, the labor force participation rate plunged from an already abysmal 63.5% to 63.3% - the lowest since 1979!

www.zerohedge.com...

The last time the workers rate was this low was right before woman started to enter the work force in the late 1970's

Payroll plunged to 88k people hired for march yet the unemployment percentage fell from 7.7% in February to 7.6% in March, pure Propaganda. From what i read, you need at least 150k people hired each month just to keep up with population groth!

Here is the scary part. The FED's are pumping 85 Billion dollars in the the economy each month. So your telling me in now takes nearly 1 billion dollars to create 1 job? Talk about diminishing returns.

Its worth repeating, Print 1 BILLION US DOLLARS = 1 job created!!!!!!!

WOW!

edit on 5-4-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Doesn't surprise me. My company just let go 10% of the work force with planned layoffs and it's not stopping anytime soon. There is another layoff wave planned in the middle of 2013. And this is in the private sector.

This is getting worse by the day.

Many of these companies are just doing it because they can and they are lining their pockets along the way. It's shameful but it is what it is.

edit on 5-4-2013 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Yeah, but the market's up a ton and Warren Buffett now has twenty three gadzookiezillion dollars instead of twenty two gadzookiezillion dollars, so why worry about something as silly as people actually working and having a few bucks to enjoy life instead of lying awake most nights trying to figure out how to keep the damn lights on.

Silly wabbit . . . jobs are for kids . . . in China . . . making profit bolsting crap that we hoard because it's cheaper because we're having our earning power sliced up by a ginsu knife . . . which was made in a cardboard factory in east Tibor by some poor sod making seven grains of rice a week while some thug holds an AK47 to their head lest they wander off for a pee break.

OOPS - EDIT - Warren Buffett now makes twenty four gadzookiezillion dollars . . . GM announced they're moving their production lines to the outskirts of Mexico City to be run by trained sewer rats because the 25 cents a month they were paying the Mexicans was considered too pricey. This will be reflected by a net increase in US employment for a reason only known to Wall Street insiders and the US Department of Labor, for the sole purposes of ensuring the market continues its meteoric rise so Mr. Buffett becomes the world's first doublegadzookiezillionaire.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
One thing strikes me.... why isnt people seeing the logic in this? Its not really amazing...... if you want to see something bad then brace yourself in 15-20 years when THE largest generation of people will go on retirement at the same time... Add to that that 2012 had the lowest birthrate ever.

Simple logic will tell you what that combination will add up to. How can less than one third ofbthe popylation possibly sustain the rest and thr welfare needed? Brace for dire times....

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice
One thing strikes me.... why isnt people seeing the logic in this? Its not really amazing...... if you want to see something bad then brace yourself in 15-20 years when THE largest generation of people will go on retirement at the same time... Add to that that 2012 had the lowest birthrate ever.

Simple logic will tell you what that combination will add up to. How can less than one third ofbthe popylation possibly sustain the rest and thr welfare needed? Brace for dire times....

It all = bad news, Ice burg dead ahead!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I love how when the unemployment rate goes down, people have to find other numbers that aren't usually used as a measure to complain about.

Unemployment dropped to 7.6% in March...still continuing the downward trend it has been...hence an improving economy.

It's amazing that there is a group of people that hope that the economy isn't recovering just so they can trash on Obama some more.

Give it up people...History will show that Obama pulled this country out of a nose dive...that is just historic fact.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
It is unreal how they can constantly use the fake unemployment rate as an excuse to real unemployment numbers.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
doubtful that this stat includes 20mil illegals - hopefully they all stay in the once great state of Calif.
i - for one - am tired of supporting a bunch lay abouts.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

Whoopie doo. Obama averted a depression, etc. My point is that even though the economy may be improving, companies are using this moment to continue mass layoffs to stockpile profits.

In the intermediate future, the low and middle class workers will feel the heat of unemployment BUT, as you said, the economy is improving.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Well let's face it.

www.businessinsider.com...

Companies are not sharing profits with their employees.
If you look at some of the charts on the page I linked.
You will see productivity has gone up but wages haven't followed.
However profits are soaring.
How does that jive.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
I love how when the unemployment rate goes down, people have to find other numbers that aren't usually used as a measure to complain about.

Unemployment dropped to 7.6% in March...still continuing the downward trend it has been...hence an improving economy.

It's amazing that there is a group of people that hope that the economy isn't recovering just so they can trash on Obama some more.

Give it up people...History will show that Obama pulled this country out of a nose dive...that is just historic fact.

Its amazing those that are willfully in denial. The workforce Participation rate is at 1979 levels! Estimated population in 1979 was 221,719,000
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Todays population is 315,000,000! you really thing thats an improvment? We have almost 100,000,000 Million more people in america today yet the employment number is that of 1979!

Get out of the Trance man!!!! Wake up!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Obama's re-election bid was successful, so there is no longer any need to fudge the numbers.

Why don't they just tell us the real unemployment rate is?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma

Whoopie doo. Obama averted a depression, etc. My point is that even though the economy may be improving, companies are using this moment to continue mass layoffs to stockpile profits.

In the intermediate future, the low and middle class workers will feel the heat of unemployment BUT, as you said, the economy is improving.

The economy is improving...the state of corporate greed has not changed.

Yes, corporations are now the biggest reason a large portion of Americans can't find a job that pays a livable wage. It's not because of the state of the economy, it is due to corporate greed.

If you want to lobby to pass some laws on corporate greed, I'm all for it.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I'll tell youse what...

the sudden drop of jobs in March is not the reality.... see, the administration along with the BLS is just releasing the very poor job creation numbers now.... so that the Republicans and Sequestration can be cited as the direct cause for the loss of jobs
when in fact the BLS & the WH administration are only revealing the pent up joblessness that has been hidden with manipulated jobs numbers gor over 4 years now..

guaranteed...., as each sub-crisis item gets played out in its turn, the administration will every month stealthly slide in the formerly uncounted jobless growth (masked as inflated job creation numbers) into the monthly BLS job growth or job non-growth numbers ! thereby demonizing both the Republicans and the Sequestration Policy now in effect

even more reason to defer from MSM news and refer to Shadow Stats . Com web reports

the talking heads on CNBC Pre-Squawk were 'Amazed' that Bernanke was 'correct' in his analysys of the economy & decided that it (the economy) was still too fragile to end the QE-infinity policy... and that has made the 'sudden' bad numbers of workforce participation and the dismal job creation less of an impact on the stock market..

heck fire.... Bernanke already has insider info that the continuing BLS job report numbers every month were fabricated, also that the WH PPT (plunge protection team) is heavily manipulating all Markets around the globe, gold/silver/PM included... so Bernanke ain't no supreme economist he just knows that the false BLS reports for the last 4-7 years are scandelously manipulated & waiting only for opportunities to slowly insert the real negative figures when it serves the Administration and bolsters the Øbama image...

the band is actually playing a Funeral Dirge...
but we are hypnotized to believe the band is playing the Star-Spangled-Banner

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex

with sequestration, unemployment will start to climb back up, making a lot of republican congressmen happy.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
It's not the government's responsibility to employ people. If you want them to employ you, JOIN THE MILITARY! They'll feed you, pay you, and house you. What more could you ask for? Unemployment is so high because people are straight up LAZY! They don't want to work. They want hand-outs! Gimme, gimme, gimme; while they sit on their @ss and do nothing, but chat on facebook.
Get a job!

edit on 5-4-2013 by shhhhhh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

That’s a good theory you have. Either way the economy is not improving. All the numbers are fudged! I don’t even believe the numbers that are out right now. The numbers released are spun and are at least twice as worse as reported.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I see that you aren't great with numbers. The 1979 number you are refering to is a PERCENTAGE. And since you are aware that we have a higher population...then basic math should tell you that we have more people working now than we did in 1979.

We have a larger retirement population than we did in 1979, we have more kids in college than we did in 1979, we have much fewer factories than we did in 1979...there are many reasons why the participation RATE hasn't increased all that much.

And we aren't talking huge changes...since around 2000 the workforce participation rate has been steadily dropping. At the highest point around 2000, the participation rate was around 67%. So a drop of 4% over 13 years isn't something that is alarming or new.

en.wikipedia.org...:US_Labor_Participation_Rate_1948-2011.svg
data.bls.gov...

What we have here is you looking for absolutely anything to complain about...even though you don't understand what it is you are complaining about.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Yeppers, we're doing really well!

Thanks to your Emperor Obama.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
reply to post by St Udio

That’s a good theory you have. Either way the economy is not improving. All the numbers are fudged! I don’t even believe the numbers that are out right now. The numbers released are spun and are at least twice as worse as reported.

But you are using the numbers that the government has released to bitch and moan about the economy.

So in your mind it is ok to cherry pick numbers you want to believe...as long as you can complain about them?

You can live in your perpetual state of gloom if you want...I'll live in reality where almost all aspects of the economy are improving....housing, jobs, stock market, etc.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join