It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Crying Rose and The Delicate Rose

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
My little sister who is 16 years younger, shared a poem with me, she told me I could share it on here. I will then share the poem I wrote for her.

The Crying Rose
'The rose fell to its thorns,
thirsty for grace.
But this rose did mourn, on this day.
It did something wrong, something to regret.
But it had no comfort.....for its mom is dead'
~lil sis~

The Delicate Rose
'Delicate red rose lays broken on its side
The sharpest thorns have nowhere to hide

Be careful when you touch this delicate rose
It just may retreat and begin to close

Sweet red rose longs for comfort and love
I shall give this and seek help from above

The aching and pain that comes and goes
Is certainly not what this lil rose chose

I'll mend this rose with a gentle heart
It won't break again or crumble apart'
~nat~

Our mom passed on and is in a better place...but we still long for her sweet embrace....

peace and love to all
~nat the restless cat~
edit on 4-4-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

How very touching and beautiful!
Thank you and your sister for sharing it with us- it brought tears to my eyes. I think it speaks for many of us who have lost someone we love. Hugs for both of you!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

I think you did just what you were trying to do. Your little sister's poem was sad and touched me.

Your poem was meant to give hope and let her know you would be there to fill the void.

Beautiful Nat simply beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

And sorry for your loss.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Thanks! Hugs are much appreciated!!
Everytime I read my lil sisters poem, the tears brim over. I want her to live with me so bad. She is the closest person I have to my mom. She and my son mean the world to me, she is like the daughter I never had.

~nat cat
edit on 4-4-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Thanks Rocky. Kind words are always nice to read.

Everything happens for a reason in my eyes. I do miss her terribly, but I feel in my heart I will see her again.
Her memory lives on in my heart...even if some aren't the best memories...lately I have been remembering good and funny times..its simply wonderful.

~nat cat

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Beautiful!

Beauty from Pain...

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

Wow. I have never heard that song, and thank you so much for sharing it. Very lovely.
I needed to hear that.

~nat

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
It's always difficult losing someone we love.
Wishing you love and peace.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Simply a beautiful poem by your sister. You can feel her grief. And equally a touching poem by yourself. Im so glad you posted them for us to see. Thank you my friend. And remember the old saying

"We get far in life on our mother's love, even further in remembering her"

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

natalia, so beautiful and heartfelt. I haven't been to the short stories forum for a while....glad I didn't miss this wonderful posting that you have shared here. Wow! Splendid!!
Much talent in your family. Blessings and love to you and your sis.
^j^

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

The band is called Superchick, they're a Christian band but a lot of their stuff is very good.

I lost my Mom in 98, I was an instant fan of that song when it came out 7 years later.

One can lose a lot of people in life.... but it's nothing like losing a Mother. Your sister's poem is so incredible, she has a lot of talent and I hope it takes her far in life.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
OH man

Not fair to hit a man in the heart Nat, your sis is sure lucky to have you around.

That was simply beautiful *sniff sniff*

Here's one My sister wrote for me.

Ahem Ahem

Roses are red violets are blue
when they dished out the looks
You were in the wrong cue
Big Sis

So I wrote her one back

Roses are red violets are blue
I'm telling mum
It doesn't rhyme
But who cares you are so getting a clip around the ear
Lil bruv

Cody

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

natalia, You know, I came back here again to the stories forum specifically to re-read the poems you have shared here from your sis and you and the picture of the beautiful rose. Grayeagle said something profound to me at my post that stuck...to tell those we care about how we feel, even our friends here at ATS. So, Love ya sister. You and your family sound wonderful. Your Mom must have been such a treasure. Sending Angel hugs to her to. ^j^ We are ALL family in this world. It is good to know that and express how we feel. My mom and I were estranged...sad story there. That song Elvis has out for Xmas album..."Momma Liked The Roses" still makes me cry. All the love in the world to your special, precious family.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by shrevegal

Thank you for your kind words sweet friend.
I consider you a part of my family. You are a truly sweet soul. I love when you stop by and drop a comment. My mom was actually mentally sick and it wasn't a pleasant growing up situation but I don't hold that against her. She had a lot of problems in her life and I was her first baby. I know she loved me, and she loved my little sister with all her heart. She tried to be a better mom for her and I really think she was.
In the end of my moms life, the alcohol had taken her over fully. She could be wretched, but I knew it wasn't really her....it was the alcohol.
My little sis has me and I am thankful for that. My mom slipped up and I will never look down on her for that.
She was my mother and I love her. I have a little urn with some of her ashes in it, I find my self carrying this urn around with me, I like it when it's in my pocket...
Peace and love
-nat
edit on 7-4-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

I echo shrevegal's comments and well wishes. I have sensed your deep heartfelt words whenever you have posted. I hope you will consider me a friend and someone who cares about your feelings. I am glad you and your sister are close. I am sure your input into her life is precious. Love and hugs as well

new topics

top topics

join