It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Luxury skyscraper hotel completely engulfed by fire in Grozny, Chechnya (VIDEO, PHOTOS)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Luxury skyscraper hotel completely engulfed by fire in Grozny, Chechnya (VIDEO, PHOTOS)

rt.com
Watch LIVE on RT

Flames have enveloped all floors of the highest building in the North Caucasus, southern Russia. All people have managed to leave the building. The Grozny-city complex in the Chechen Republic includes luxury apartments and a 5-star hotel.

The local emergency service said the call about the fire on between the 4th and 5th floors was received at around 18:00 PM local time (14:00 GMT).
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 4/3/2013 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I have been watching this at work for some time. The fire has all but completely wrapped around the building engulfing the entire structure.

Everyone (according to reports) made it out safely and appears as though no casualties have occurred.

I suspect it will be a burnt out shell of a building once all is said and done...will likely be a complete loss.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
i wonder what the speed of its complete(inevitable) collapse will be according to the 9/11 laws of physics?

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by zyrktec

I thought of that... there is no jet fuel in this event, this will be the argument (eta: one of the arguments).

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by zyrktec
i wonder what the speed of its complete(inevitable) collapse will be according to the 9/11 laws of physics?

They're missing an airliner destroying the internal structure and integrity of the framework....so I'm guessing, it won't do anything remotely similar.

Interesting catch on that, OP. You'd think if Grozny had any means to put a fire out, THAT would be the type of building everything imaginable would be used for. Obviously, fighting high rise fires hasn't improved much over the years. Ugh.. What a waste...all gone to whatever little thing probably sparked it.

At least everyone got out, so it's just property being lost.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
reply to post by zyrktec

I thought of that... there is no jet fuel in this event, this will be the argument.

It was also not hit by anything nor even close to as tall as WTC's and likely a lot less weight. If the fire is contained to mostly the outside then I doubt much will happen as far as it coming down, but yes...add some jet fuel and get it to burn really hot and it just may.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

S & F Op, just saw that myself. A bunch of questions are popping off in my head about it:

- Will it collapse completely (just saw you thought the same thing a la 9/11)?

- Reports are saying the fire might have started in multiple locations. Doesn't that clearly indicate intentional sabotage?

- If sabotage, who or what was in the building that would cause it to be targeted?

- Or if sabotage, and no target inside, then that means the whole building was a target as a symbol. Local terrorists? Russians?

Thanks for getting this out there so quickly..I know I'll be watching.

Peace

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Good question...

Other than the building design, building height, lack of jet fuel, and lack of a plane flying into it, the 2 situations are exactly the same.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

reply to post by zyrktec

I thought of that... there is no jet fuel in this event, this will be the argument.

It was also not hit by anything nor even close to as tall as WTC's and likely a lot less weight. If the fire is contained to mostly the outside then I doubt much will happen as far as it coming down, but yes...add some jet fuel and get it to burn really hot and it just may.

Jet fuel doesnt burn at temps high enough to melt steel. But ok.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The live feed is showing that it is night there now, and the building is still blazing.

The report confirms they have everyone out of there which is a really good thing.

The report also says that they have 300 firefighters on the scene.

rt.com...

Peace

edit on 3-4-2013 by lasertaglover because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

They're missing an airliner destroying the internal structure and integrity of the framework....so I'm guessing, it won't do anything remotely similar.

You mean just like building seven. I know, it just came down out of sheer solidarity.

Don't let the bbc report anything prematurley, otherwise the thing is doomed to collapse.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

reply to post by zyrktec

Jet fuel doesnt burn at temps high enough to melt steel. But ok.

Melt no...weaken to the point of collapse....yes. A building doesn't have to melt to fall...just weaken it enough and its own weight will take care of it.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Looks like the wind has picked up...larger pieces coming down from the top floors, fire is getting bigger, more intense.

rt.com...

I think they are losing it.

Peace

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by GMan420

Good question...

Other than the building design, building height, lack of jet fuel, and lack of a plane flying into it, the 2 situations are exactly the same.

But it's not a good question at all. It's a stupid one.

Are people going to compare everything? May as well just ignore the entire world, and make stupid half joking comments about "Derp, yeah looks like thermite. lol" every time something happens, just to be the first one in and then drag any and all conversation to the "sheeple/truther" arguments that have since become a joke.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by lasertaglover

S & F Op, just saw that myself. A bunch of questions are popping off in my head about it:

- Will it collapse completely (just saw you thought the same thing a la 9/11)?

- Reports are saying the fire might have started in multiple locations. Doesn't that clearly indicate intentional sabotage?

- If sabotage, who or what was in the building that would cause it to be targeted?

- Or if sabotage, and no target inside, then that means the whole building was a target as a symbol. Local terrorists? Russians?

Thanks for getting this out there so quickly..I know I'll be watching.

Peace

“According to preliminary information, the cause of the fire in the skyscraper was a short circuit. A more concise report will be done after experts examine the building,” the source told the tabloid.

keep looking, I'm sure there's something that doesn't add up, and when you find it, hold onto it, make sure everyone knows you're onto them, and never give up. You chase this till you find george w bushs fingerprints all over the thermite nuclear detonation device buryied deep under the building, in the secret lair.

Once the truth is out, no one will ever be able to stop you. Find the guilty ones, make sure they pay for this sabotage.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

All that will be in vain, as north korea drops nukes on the Usa and destroys any remaining evidence.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

WTC7 was not hit by an aircraft.

Where is the free fall and the "pull it" and the "stand down"?

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Can't wait to see if fire melts steel.
Ah, we don't really want to believe the TRUTH. We're too comfortable wrapped up in the lies.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Well it will either stay up like our BBQ grills;
Or come down like a rock if Putin's involved.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Something about this thread smells fishy....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join