It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

East Texas escaped inmates..My neighborhood..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
This is the second day now and no sign of the two who broke out of Hopkins Co jail. (only their jail clothing) Parents here are a bit nervous as all of the schools have been locked down for precautions. The local police have said to keep all of our doors and windows locked and has urged us all to stay inside until further notice or until they have been caught.
Really?? I mean they have probably found a good hiding place by now. Or maybe have gotten as far as Mexico if they managed to get a ride before their names and pictures were plastered all over the national news.
People here are pretty upset that these inmates easily escaped out of an opening in a chain link fence from the rec yard.
Now im finding out this is not the first time Hopkins County jail has had inmates escape. I think maybe there is a problem here folks.. Urrr Durr??
Anyway, I thought it may be an interesting thread to start since it is happening right here in my neighborhood. I will try and keep it updated as my local news comes in with any new info or videos. You can go to this link below and read more..
www.kltv.com... ape-from-hopkins-county-jail-schools-on-lockdown

The Hopkins County Sheriff's Office says the two men escaped on Tuesday. Both are career criminals and are considered dangerous, and may be armed.

Hopkins County Sheriff's Department said, Brian Allen Tucker, 45, and John Marlin King, 39, escaped from the jail on Tuesday morning. Tucker was awaiting trial for capital murder, King had been indicted for evading arrest. The men were in a recreation yard when they manage to escape.

If you see either of the fugitives, you should not approach them, but call 911. Anyone with tips, clues or anonymous tips should call Lake Country Crime Stoppers at 903-885-2020. A reward is being offered for the information leading to the arrest of both suspects. "You never know what's going through these guys' minds. They may be looking for some house to break in to get clothes or they may be trying to find cars or car keys or something like that," Sergeant Cummings said.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The last thing they are going to do is stick around the area. Most likely they are long gone and will be caught in another state (or Mexico) trying to steal a ham sandwich or something.

I wouldn't worry.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Im not really worried but some people are..Including my mom calling and telling me to lock all the doors and dont go out to smoke..lol
But..Ya I think they are long gone, or too scared to show their faces..

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by lyons666

This was all over the news this morning. Ever since many of the prisons in Texas were privatized there have been many more escapes than before privatization. Many years ago a gal I grew up with who had moved into a town in the vicinity of one of these "privatized prisons" was kidnapped by an escapee as she was getting into her car to go to work. She was forced to drive him to the Mexican border and thankfully was physically unharmed (can't say the same for mentally). At least her children were already on the school bus and well on their way to school before it happened.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

My mom always says "why can't any crime happen here?" when she sees a crime happening somewhere else other than our town.

I live in San marcos

edit on 3-4-2013 by Casualboy100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Wait, that guy on the left is an escaped convict? He was at a pub last night and said he was looking for work, so I told him I'd pay him $30 a day to do stuff like housework/house sitting.

I'm at work right now and he's babysitting my six year old daughter.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Well, Hopkins County is around where Sulphur Springs is at, correct?

The authorities found their jail jumpsuits, so they were able to change out of their clothes. I cannot help but think that they had some help from the outside who brought them clothes. If that is the case, then they are in a vehicle and can be anywhere.

If, however, they found some change of clothes and are on foot, they can either head deeper into the piney woods (Louisiana, Arkansas, southeast Texas), or they can try to make it into the DFW area where they can get lost in the crowd.

I'm betting they had planned this and had outside help, so they're most likely in a larger city by now and well out of your neighborhood. They'll blow it and be caught soon enough, hopefully before they commit a serious crime. Still, until these two menacing-looking dudes are caught, I'd keep things locked up tight.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

HEY NEIGHBOR!!

I live in Hunt County so I’ve been following this locally as well. Even in Hunt County the schools were on lock down yesterday. I decided to personally pick my daughter up from school (rather than my wife doing it) just because….I worry about my baby especially in this day and age.

I don’t think they’ve made it too far. I bet they are dug in close to or in Sulphur Springs somewhere. It doesn’t appear they had outside help escaping and no vehicles have been reported stolen.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

HEY NEIGHBOR!!

I live in Hunt County so I’ve been following this locally as well. Even in Hunt County the schools were on lock down yesterday. I decided to personally pick my daughter up from school (rather than my wife doing it) just because….I worry about my baby especially in this day and age.

I don’t think they’ve made it too far. I bet they are dug in close to or in Sulphur Springs somewhere. It doesn’t appear they had outside help escaping and no vehicles have been reported stolen.

If you guys see them shoot on sight!!!

Their wanted dead or alive, it would be a good addition to the deer on the wall...

Stay safe guys.
edit on 3-4-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

If you guys see them shoot on sight!!!

They’d better steer clear of my land or I’m gonna introduce them to my little friend!

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

LOL..Star 4 the Funny...

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Quite a story..Glad she wasnt harmed.. I think this is the kind of thing people fear most when things like this happen..

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Ya..Seems like they would have a plan.. If they just left their jail clothes in the woods they must have had others to put on..Or they are(like authorities believe) in their boxers and t-shirts.. They are a bit on the chilly side if in boxers, wet and rainy with temps in the lower 50,s..

edit on 3-4-2013 by lyons666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Wood County here..Too close for comfort and I will let loose on those creeps if they come here and mess with me or my babies..

I hope they are hiding in a hole somewhere in the woods where the dogs can sniff out their cold hungry butts..

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

For some odd.... Reason.... I can see this picture being Seabag in real life..... Call me CRAZZZZZY~

Stay safe~ Best of luck~

Sulaw~

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Wood County here..Too close for comfort and I will let loose on those creeps if they come here and mess with me or my babies..

Yes, too close for comfort. It’s a small world….I camp at Lake Hawkins all the time (Wood County).

I hope they are hiding in a hole somewhere in the woods where the dogs can sniff out their cold hungry butts..

They’ve got the helos back up today with thermal imaging so if they’re around in the woods they’ll likely be caught.

I just heard an inmate escaped from Lew Sterrett in Dallas this morning, too! What are they feeding these inmates?? Steroids or Meth??

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

For some odd.... Reason.... I can see this picture being Seabag in real life..... Call me CRAZZZZZY~

Of course…because all redneck conservatives from Texas look like that, right?

That’s not me!

Stay safe~ Best of luck~

Sulaw~

No worries. I got home yesterday and my wife had my loaded pistol on the kitchen counter and the alarm was set! Do you think she was worried??

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

LOL..I heard about that too(dallas inmate).
I hope they are looking all over the entire area because they could have easily hoped a county on foot by now. I bet they are long gone..found a car probably..I dont know, just waiting it out..

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by sulaw

Of course…because all redneck conservatives from Texas look like that, right?

That’s not me!

Stay safe~ Best of luck~

Sulaw~

No worries. I got home yesterday and my wife had my loaded pistol on the kitchen counter and the alarm was set! Do you think she was worried??

Nahhhh~ I was just playing, as I don't profile, I just wanted to make a funny~

My Fiance' would have done the same thing for me when I got home as well if these guys were in my neiborhood.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
In Chicago we recently had two inmates scale down a high rise jail (one that's right in the middle of downtown Chicago). No one noticed (or told) for hours. It took a few days but they were finally found. It's not as bad as the guy serving a murder sentence they thought was free and let him walk out.

At least in Chicago everyone realizes their is a problem with the police and jail system.

Texas is still is in some serious denial about their corruption

edit on April 3rd 2013 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join