It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winged beings seen by astronauts?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Years ago..there was a TV documentary on NASA and UFO's, well anyway I am sure one of the astronauts said he saw a "winged entity" outside the space shuttle flying in the vacuum of space, and how ever he described it, it sounded like mothman or some demon type thing. I also remembered one of them saying they saw a multi colored ring like object..and I remember seeing footage of this object, but it was really far away from the camera ..I believe Gordon Cooper was the astronaut who saw this ring thing..

well within the last year or two I saw the same documentary on TV..cant recall its name...but the clip about the winged entity was not in it...I am now thinking I must have imagined that part...
Has anyone else every heard of a astronaut seeing a winged entity outside in space?
I did a search and found some bizarre story about Russian cosmonauts seeing angels outside their space station..which is even more crazy if true...but im sure this is not the same story im referring to.

So have any of you guys heard a story about an astronaut seeing a winged humanoid in space?
edit on 2-4-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-4-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackHat

So have any of you guys heard a story about an astronaut seeing a winged humanoid in space?

Could it have been this ?... The Salyut 7 Space Station sightings .

In the summer of 1984, six highly trained cosmonauts claimed to have had an unbelievable encounter with a group of gargantuan “celestial beings” of unknown origin in the star filled expanse above our world. Were these colossal beings the result of a mass delusion, a sign of something miraculous, or the heralds of unimaginable doom?

The cosmonauts went on to described these mist haloed beings as being nearly 80-feet in height with a wingspan comparable to that of a 747 jet; although, it should be noted, that there’s no indication in the public record of how these men of science came to these proportional estimations. The men observed the soaring seraphim for approximately 10-minutes before they vanished; leaving the isolated and surely perplexed comrades to ponder what it was that they had seen and try to gather the courage to report it to their superiors below.
mysteriousuniverse.org...

edit on 2-4-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I am a UFO and alien story junkie, but I don't recall this.

In fact, most astronauts have not admitted to seeing anything. I suspect threats of taking away pensions, or worse, have scared many away from publicly acknowledging anything. Gordon Cooper was a notable exception.

Yet, many have made public statements that they believe the Earth is being visited.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Here something that may also be of interest

In 1985, there were six crewmembers on board the Soviet Salyut-7 space station. They were cosmonauts Leonid Kizim, Oleg Atkov, Vladimir Solovyov, Svetlana Savitskaya, Igor Volk and Vladimir Jannibekov. That day, the cosmonauts were doing their routine work connected with laboratory experiments. All of a sudden, a cloud of strange orange gas enveloped the station. A flash of bright light blinded all the cosmonauts on board for a while. As soon as they could see again, the cosmonauts saw silhouettes of seven figures outside the station. The aliens looked like humans, but were of higher stature. They also had large wings behind their backs and luminous halos above their heads. The creatures looked like angels. The crew reported the bizarre sight to the Earth. The document was classified as top secret immediately. All members of the crew were subsequently subjected to psychological and medical tests, which found no abnormalities at all.
english.pravda.ru...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jchristopher5
In fact, most astronauts have not admitted to seeing anything. I suspect threats of taking away pensions, or worse, have scared many away from publicly acknowledging anything. Gordon Cooper was a notable exception.

Ah, the old 'get-out-of-reality-free' trump card, why does it always get pulled when the evidence is against you?

You really think people who don't tell you what you want to hear, are such cowardly jerks, don't you?

Maybe what THEY say is true [they were there] and what YOU think happened is the bogus?

Check it out.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Take a look here.

______beforeitsnews/spirit/2012/12/astronauts-see-angels-2466406.html

1.bp.blogspot.com...
edit on 2-4-2013 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Thanks for the link. I haven't heard of this one before. Will have to do some research.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

edit on 2-4-2013 by peashooter because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Ah, the old 'get-out-of-reality-free' trump card, why does it always get pulled when the evidence is against you?

You really think people who don't tell you what you want to hear, are such cowardly jerks, don't you?

Maybe what THEY say is true [they were there] and what YOU think happened is the bogus?

Check it out.

Not sure "how the evidence is against me"' or more correctly against my OPINION that astronauts have probably observed some things they have not disclosed.

Copper freely told about the UFOs that he witnessed.
Mitchell said that he believes UFOs are real and visiting earth.
Aldrin told of a UFO sighting on Apollo 11.
Musgrave detailed his own sighting.

I take it back, in fact there is a lot of evidence supporting US astronauts seeing UFOs.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it Oberg!

edit on 2-4-2013 by Jchristopher5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Holy Smokes! Why haven't I heard of this before?.....Don't answer that!

How cool is this? I'm going to start my search right away!

Thanks

S&F

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
How did they estimate the size? You have NOTHING to compare the size of an object to. Nor can you gauge the distance to an object (which is necessary to estimate the size).

A golfball floating in space a foot away from the window of a space station, would look exactly like a white Death Star many thousands of miles away.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Xenoglossy

Well, if something was directly outside the window of your car you could estimate the size no? I know I could. Secondly, I could easily estimate the size of an object from my cockpit window also. It's just a sense I guess?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno

Well, if something was directly outside the window of your car you could estimate the size no? I know I could. Secondly, I could easily estimate the size of an object from my cockpit window also. It's just a sense I guess?

That's because there is always a landscape to compare it to. If there is just blackness with no other objects at all, this seemingly simple task is impossible.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I wouldn't go as far as to say 'impossible'. These people were scientists after all, perhaps they used some parallax method to estimate the size. I will admit this would be hard to do, especially with those small windows

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Above clouds at night, still be able to roughly tell you the size of an object if illuminated in any way? Roughly mind!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno

Above clouds at night, still be able to roughly tell you the size of an object if illuminated in any way?

Sorry, but no. You would be guessing. And while doing so, you would be taking your knowledge in account. Let's say you see something roughly human-shaped floating through your view. Your brain would automatically assume it is about 5 to 6 feet large and guess the distance accordingly.

If it looked more like a Barbie to you and not a real human, again your brain would assume the thing is about half a feet tall and guess the distance accordingly.

The point is: if there are no reference objects, all you can do is guessing - and be terribly wrong most of the time.

psylux.psych.tu-dresden.de...

edit on 2-4-2013 by Xenoglossy because: added a link

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Having read the article and comments–this one kinda stuck out.

Scott Hamilton
Yes, it's the skeptics who are fanatical. Vladimir Solovyov is asked if he saw angels, he says he didn't... So he must be lying! Nothing fanatical about that point of view at all.

As far as I can tell the story originated in the World Weekly News, which makes it as worthy of serious discussion as Bat Boy. Can anyone find any source that predates the WWN story, October 22, 1985? Otherwise this isn't a matter of "separating wheat from chaff," but just a matter of having a bunch of chaff and calling it wheat.

World Weekly News
edit on 4/2/2013 by Pauligirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
There was a thread recently about a winged alien with footage.
It currently resides in the Hoax bin, kinda fits in with this story though.
Check out the vid.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2-4-2013 by LeLeu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Not sure "how the evidence is against me"' or more correctly against my OPINION that astronauts have probably observed some things they have not disclosed.

Copper freely told about the UFOs that he witnessed.
Mitchell said that he believes UFOs are real and visiting earth.
Aldrin told of a UFO sighting on Apollo 11.
Musgrave detailed his own sighting.

I take it back, in fact there is a lot of evidence supporting US astronauts seeing UFOs.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it Oberg!

thanks for getting back, and getting specific.

Cooper described two UFO incidents, in Germany in 1951 and at Edwards AFB in 1957. Have you ever seen any investigation report on them, or is his version to be accepted without verification? In any case -- nothing on any spaceflight. Even as 'UFO reports' -- when checked out, which you don't seem interested in, they are much less impressive then when narrated at UFO conventions decades later.

Mitchell, based on stories other people have told him, believes aliens have visited Earth. But he has never seen any, on spaceflights or on earth.

Aldrin told of watching a pulsing light on Apollo-11, which he never believed was a UFO, and for which he has a thoroughly reasonable prosaic explanation which you ought to look for. He is also annoyed at the TV producer who clipped and edited his own comments to make it sound like he was describing a 'true UFO', which he thinks is silly.

Musgrave has NEVER 'detailed' his own sighting, others have fabricated it. Musgrave reports he has never seen indicators of alien intelligence on any of his six space missions and knows of no other astronauts who have, either. He thinks intelligent life abounds out in the universe, but hasn't yet had the chance to meet it.

So -- four astronauts YOU offer as evidence of space UFO encounters -- the reality is zero out of four.

You really ought to venture out of the intellectual ghetto you have self-imprisoned yourself in, and partake of the full range of investigations of this wondrous phenomenon. It's worth the effort, and enthusiastic hard-headed no-nonsense analysts and investigators are really needed. Do consider giving it a try.

ADD: Here's an example of evidence you shouldn't ignore:

Ex-Astronaut Story Musgrave: ETs Exist, They're Just Not Visiting Earth

www.huffingtonpost.com...

"I'm going to tell them that, for me, and my interpretation of everything that's come my way, I cannot arrive at the idea that we have been visited -- either in the past or now," Musgrave told The Huffington Post.

"Some astronauts have been quoted as saying they think they're [aliens] out there -- I have seen their evidence, and for me, it's not evidence," he said. "Other astronauts were not able to provide me with any empirical evidence, either."

ADD 2:

and here's Aldrin explaining what he really thinks about the absurd claim that HE thinks he saw a UFO on his space mission:
www.csicop.org...
UFOs and Aliens in Space
Skeptical Inquirer David Morrison Volume 33.1, January / February 2009

edit on 2-4-2013 by JimOberg because: add musgrave and aldrin links

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I remember just a few days before the Waco fiasco, during a live interview with CNN, David Koresh made reference to something very similar about what the astronauts had witnessed during one of these space missions. He claimed they reported seeing an angelic vision of the Virgin Mary.
Almost fell out of my chair when I heard it, never heard anything about that ever since.
I sure wish there was a recording of that interview somewhere.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join