It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MI6 organised execution of DRC leader Lumumba, peer claims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   

MI6 organised execution of DRC leader Lumumba, peer claims

www.telegraph.co.uk

Baroness (Daphne) Park of Monmouth, who was the senior MI6 officer in the African country at the time, said she had "organised it", according to the Labour peer Lord Lea.

"I mentioned the uproar surrounding Lumumba's abduction and murder, and recalled the theory that MI6 might have had something to do with it. 'We did,' she replied, 'I organised it.'"
Lord Lea went on to claim Baroness Park had indicated that the reason was because of concerns that Lumumba may be a communist siding with Soviet Russia.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk
www.thetimes.co.uk
www.presstv.ir

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Taking in to account that there is only one second-hand oral source on this story we cannot confirm that this is actually true. However given the rumors that have swirled around this murder ever since it occurred I would not be surprised by its validity.

If so it is just another example of the typical British establishment arrogance, cruelty and racism. Maybe the Congo (now the DRC) would have had a chance at stability if it wasn't for this and the western lust after their resources.

www.telegraph.co.uk
edit on 2-4-2013 by Peruvianmonk because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk

Taking in to account that there is only one second-hand oral source on this story we cannot confirm that this is actually true. However given the rumors that have swirled around this murder ever since it occurred I would not be surprised by its validity.

If so it is just another example of the typical British establishment arrogance, cruelty and racism. Maybe the Congo (now the DRC) would have had a chance at stability if it wasn't for this and the western lust after their resources.

www.telegraph.co.uk
edit on 2-4-2013 by Peruvianmonk because: Spelling

The British Establishment started at home, eradicating the English nationality and culture. That they would spread it abroad is unsurprising.

Not that I care much about Africa, but any incident that shows how dangerous remaining in the UK is to the English is useful. I will now circulate this.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
A very interesting article S&F OP.

I think it’s difficult to establish how accurate this claim actually is because this is second hand information but all the same it makes for interesting reading.

If SIS where involved then my guess would be that it wasn’t direct, they probably passed useful information along to the would be assassins. SIS are a lot more subtle than other inteligance agencies when it comes to wet-work.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Niaga

The British Establishment started at home, eradicating the English nationality and culture.

HA!

I hope you can see the paradox of that statement, the British establishment, most of whom where historically unionists and conservative Englishmen who went to posh schools set up this “establishment” to eradicate their own “English” nationality and culture….. did you read this on the EDL website or something because to me it makes no sense.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Is this, when the Belgians, sent in a hit squad?

If so, not that certain the UK would have much more than an advisory role to play?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
A very interesting article S&F OP.

I think it’s difficult to establish how accurate this claim actually is because this is second hand information but all the same it makes for interesting reading.

What any better evidence you'd need... videos of the assassination? It's a revelation by MI6 assets, the perpetrators themselves... why the hell would they lie?

This Baroness as well as her accomplices in the MI6 should be hanged for crimes against a foreign nation. MI6 has become the British mafia!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dowot
Is this, when the Belgians, sent in a hit squad?

If so, not that certain the UK would have much more than an advisory role to play?

The Belgian colony was weak. Yet MI6 has been serving colonial interests of tons of other rich countries in the past. When you've got a monarch in their band of buddies, you're part of the club after all. And European monarchs are all in league with each other, even when their countries are divided by wars. Look at WW1, for instance...

top topics

join