It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea...is ASSASSINATION an option?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
As more and more tension builds on the Korean Peninsula, and all the Super Powers start to mobilise their war machines, I believe there are only 3 options left for North Korea.

1. ATTACK.
If North Korea choose to attack, they do so with the knowledge that China will back them up. This move can only reinforce China's position as a world power but only if nukes are not used. There seems to be a changing of the guard when it comes to the Super Powers. The USA seem to be loosing their power, and China seems to gaining more. Many countries have stopped trading in American currency and are instead opting for the Chinese Yuan.

In the HIGHLY UNLIKELY event that a pro-longed (non-nuclear) skirmish between the USA and China ensues, you can rest assured that China will come out on top.

The USA is currently fighting on many fronts with a dwindling war chest. In fact you could say their war chest is in debt by TRILLIONS.

The buildup to World War II brought the debt up another order of magnitude from $51 billion in 1940 to $260 billion following the war. After this period, the debt's growth closely matched the rate of inflation until the 1980s, when it again began to increase rapidly. Between 1980 and 1990, the debt more than tripled. The debt shrank briefly after the end of the Cold War, but by the end of FY 2008, the gross national debt had reached $10.3 trillion, about 10 times its 1980 level.

Now consider China. The nation has not been fighting wars, so they can focus 100% of their attention on the Korean Peninsula. They have not had to travel 6500 miles to fight a war. They have the most populous army in the world, their current war chest is bottomless, and their endless munitions, supplies, food and fuel are right along side them.

However, let me state here and now, that I believe China is more interested in "trade" than "war" and if KJU so much as looks at that red nuclear button, China will blow him the f*#k outta the water.

2. SIMMER.
By maintaining the current status quo of a heightened state of alertness for an elongated period of time may in fact be more detrimental to Kim Jong-un's power in the eyes of his Generals. They may feel that he is all talk and no action. Despite the North Korean parliament being saturated with many of Kim Jong-un's family members, an internal coup may be attempted, which brings me to option 3.

3. ASSASSINATION.
At the moment, in order to avoid a nuclear threat the only other option left open is ASSASSINATION.

Either from within the NK government or without it, an Assassination of Kim Jong-Un seems to be the most likely solution in sight to end the tension on the Korean Peninsula.

Lets not forget that Kim Jong Un is only 30 years old and he has a big mouth. There would be a lot of old military leaders in the NK ranks who would feel that taking orders from a kid who has never fired a shot in anger and plays a lot of video games, does not have the right to make decisions of such magnitude.

What the North Koreans need at the moment is economic reform. They don't need to see their leader hamming it up for global media attention, while the rest of their nation starves.

If an assassination attempt was successful I believe that a suitable successor has already been decided.

Pak Pong Ju

Given Pak Pong Ju's relationship with the ruling family

Pak, believed to be in his 70s, is a key ally of Jang Song-thaek, the uncle of the isolated state's young ruler Kim Jong-un.

and the fact that he has previously held the position of PRIME MINISTER, Pak Pong Ju could easily slide into the Ruling position without too much opposition.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
pretty sure their is some kind of excutive order or law or whatnot that prohibits straight up assassinations but as with castro the laws have been broken from time to time but i would not assume we would shoot him as then we would not know who would take over in the power vacuum perhaps south korea might give it a shot but i dont se the usa doing it

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
As I read in a thread yesterday, the dear leader seems to be a figurehead with the military leaders holding all the power. I think assassination would start the war, and quick.

BTW wasn't WW1 started with an assassination. Franz Ferdinand? I may be waaaaaaay off on this one.

The only way to stop this rolling ball as of now seems to be diplomacy. China is on alert, and as of today the USS Fitzgerald in off of the Korean peninsula. The S seems to be ready to HTF.

edit on 1-4-2013 by wondermost because: because I actually guessed that the Assassination of Bernhard of the Nertherlands started WW1. Pathetic.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wondermost

archduke franz ferdinand and his wife (from austria).

EDIT:

btw Trubeeleever

Assassination is not an option. At least not now. Can you imagine the impact it would have? You would have war... perhaps a worse war and the entire world would turn their backs on you for such a despicable act in such a delicate situation. There probably would be no united states as you know it after it. Alliances would crumble, trades, agreements, pacts... consequences would be unthinkable. That type of action if done right now would be seen as the most dirty obnoxious thing a nation could do.

You just dont go kill the king under the table with a poisonous dart. Either you face it or you back down. No fancy treachery involved. Besides... thats israel's "territory".
edit on 2-4-2013 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I think about the videos I've watched of the wailing, hysterically crying public over there when Dear Leader Sr. kicked off awhile back. As I mentioned in another thread on it, I don't think those are faked. They've had no outside access or information beyond a few border communities and that's very limited...in 60 years.

They see their leader as Divine. Literally. Not a figurative or tongue in cheek thing. I know it's hard to believe ...but shouldn't be THAT hard. Other cultures have as well and into recent history.

Assassinating him would make great logical sense to me.....but could be enough to turn 24 million North Koreans into VERY pissed off people, looking for payback under Generals who really don't mind this whole war idea. After all, the Generals have been groomed to this moment most of their lives. I don't think killing Kim is the answer. Not that way, anyway....even if he was the only source of power in the Capital. Which, of course, he's not.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Trubeeleever

I am not sure that Assassination is an option. In this case I don't think you could kill the beast by cutting off its head.

I don't think the 'Boy' is in control of what is going on. I think his Advisors are the decision makers.

There would have to be Multiple targets considered to have the desired effect.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wondermost
BTW wasn't WW1 started with an assassination. Franz Ferdinand? I may be waaaaaaay off on this one.

Indeed, that is what started WW1. It was the spark that ignited that powder keg, which is why it's not a good option right now. It would surly be seen as an act of war by the world.
The only reason history is so important to learn, is because we are supposed to try and stop history from repeating itself (not that it stops that from happening anyway, but it's how things should work)
If the people of North Korea were to do it (which they wouldn't, to risky. That's not just prison for the people trying, but 3 generations of their family) it would be a good solution, not by anyone else's hand at the moment.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Trubeeleever

I have the perfect solution! Get the IMF involved, they are pretty handy with taking down plaes. All the US and China have to do is "oh fearless phat-boy leader," his troop of merry generals and cabinet onto a plane to go to a meeting for a diplomatic solution. It would be just like Poland and their cabinet all over again, except it would be version 2.0. Then we could all speculate over who-dun-it for years and the IMF could just laugh all the way to the bank. Oh, wait, they are the bank LOL.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by RalagaNarHallas
pretty sure their is some kind of excutive order or law or whatnot that prohibits straight up assassinations but as with castro the laws have been broken from time to time but i would not assume we would shoot him as then we would not know who would take over in the power vacuum perhaps south korea might give it a shot but i dont se the usa doing it

Executive Order 12333 prevents assassinations of government leaders.

Interesting read actually.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

I'm guessing this is why you see the "rebellions" in places like Egypt and Libya, so that when these guys are caught the "rebels" can beat them and stick knives up thier anus'? I think this would be a hard one to pull off in North Korea.

Just out of my curiosity, does the CIA operate under these executive orders?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I'm guessing this is why you see the "rebellions" in places like Egypt and Libya, so that when these guys are caught the "rebels" can beat them and stick knives up thier anus'? I think this would be a hard one to pull off in North Korea.

Yes because any action taken against a foreign power must be authorized by the President. Here is the direct statement from the EO.

2.11 Prohibition on Assassination. No person employed by or acting on behalf of the United States Government shall engage in or conspire to engage in assassination.

www.fas.org...

edit on 2-4-2013 by Hopechest because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
How about the North and South finally sign a peace treaty and bring down the wall like in Germany? If things do end up going down the military route, who ever kicks it of is going to gain lot of international attention.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I have an even better option! How about, not intimidating other nations? How about, not flying your nuclear bombers over other nations to provoke a reaction? How about, not interfering with other nations?

Why can't you yanks just sink back into isolationism? For the good of the world, please just go back into isolationism.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
An assassination would only destabilize the country - you might end up with political and military leaders competing for power (which would result in even worse one-upmanship than Un is currently showing).

There's also the tiny issue of the people & military of NK probably not taking it lightly if their god-like leader is killed by US imperialists. That would be a massive insult to the whole nation's honor.

(as for WW1, it is very controversial how important the assassination really was - afaik most historians lean towards the explanation that the reason for the war was not some unstoppable cascade of secret treaties that was ignited by the assassination but rather a deliberate decision to go to war)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
A military coup would be the neatest and tidiest solution to this whole mess... I wonder if China has at least one General in their pocket who could muster it....probably...but that's probably being held as an ace up the sleeve.

I have an even better option! How about, not intimidating other nations? How about, not flying your nuclear bombers over other nations to provoke a reaction? How about, not interfering with other nations?

Call us crazy, but we don't spend billions on defense to let little loud mouths threaten us with nukes. We spend billions so we can DO something about it when they do. Moreover, the nuclear powers of the world aren't keen on seeing nuclear proliferation, which is why even their buddy China backed the latest rounds of sanctions.
edit on 2-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I do believe assassination is an option here. However, the big quesiton is who would do it? China? Well if China did it this would not be a good option for them. Imagine the reprocussions of China doing this. The only way an assassination could be pulled off is if China has someone of Korean decent in their pocket. The Korean national will take the blame and it would be considered an domestic assassination. China would take no blame and can move forward with putting Kim Jong-Nam into office. Kim Jong-Nam has a much better outlook for the people and economy. Not only that but he should have been the next in line since he is the older brother. Its an option but not likely to happen...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Niaga

Why can't you yanks just sink back into isolationism? For the good of the world, please just go back into isolationism.

We would love to but, the world would be at war within a year and that would threaten our trade routes. Without the the threat of US forces NK would already be at war with the South, Iran would and Israel would be tossing missles and who knows what else at each other, China would grab Taiwan and most likely be at war with Japan at this point. Half of asia would be shooting at each other over the Spratlys with no USN to step in. Although the Arms race between China, the EU and Russia and the global tensions and conflicts it would bring would be interesting to watch. Most of the planet now protected by the US nuclear ubrella all now going nuclear not be so interesting. We tried that isolaion a couple times but the rest of the planet could not seem to avoid massive world wars when we did.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

He has a valid point. We did try isolationism before....remember what happened? Oh yeah...WWII... You want to know who made us the world policeman? That's the answer....WWII.....

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by MrSpad

He has a valid point. We did try isolationism before....remember what happened? Oh yeah...WWII... You want to know who made us the world policeman? That's the answer....WWII.....

Thats a really really skewed point of view that has a LOT of twists and turns...

WW2 was the best thing ever to happen to the US. Before that the US... well... yes you know... I could write a 20 page essay about it, but you already know. Actually the situation has its... similarities when you think about it...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Yes because any action taken against a foreign power must be authorized by the President. Here is the direct statement from the EO.

2.11 Prohibition on Assassination. No person employed by or acting on behalf of the United States Government shall engage in or conspire to engage in assassination.

www.fas.org...

edit on 2-4-2013 by Hopechest because: (no reason given)

That could lead to a good false flag?? Just sayin

new topics

top topics

active topics

join