It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look Out, Detroit....the Real RoboCop is on His Way. Imported from Japan?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
You thought Robocop was just a movie.

Nope. Robocop is a meme on his way from Japan....well, someone had to invent Robocop besides Hollywood.

Crime ridden cities like Detroit.....just like in the movie......could be looking at Robocop.

Did you know that the Detroit Police Department used ersatz robots back in the late 1800s. Yep. Detroit police officers got into a steel uniform on wheels, to be pushed by other officers into criminal infested hideouts and such. Robocop didn't just start with the movie.

So, you were worried about drone surveillance? You were worried about a drone zapping you from the sky? Now, you criminals get to worry about the Japanese produced Robocop.

These babies will undoubtedly come into use in Afghanistan, as well as large, crime ridden cities across the United States.

Holy Gatling Guns on that Robot, Batman!!

Okay. Let's hear it from the liberals about the morality of attacking criminals with a robot firing, what....seven hundred rounds per minute.

No. Wait. On a Gatling Gun, seven hundred rounds per minute is idle speed. We're talking better than fifty rounds per second. Do the math.

This could put an end to all the debate whether armed guards can protect our schools. Just put bigger and higher walls around our schools.....and name the Japanese Robocop as Dean of Students;

Okay, liberals....start your blubbering and whining about your supposed definition of morality and the Japanese imported Robocop.

Japanese Mech Warrior
Japanese Mech Warrior Finally, a vehicle that comes with a Gatling gun as standard
news.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
There was a thread on this bad boy a while back i remember, it shoots bb's and travels at about the speed of a geriatric snail, when we can get a proper mechwarrior style bad boy then i'll be worried but its really aimed at anime fanboys and a few rich people to have as a talking point

when it can carry 100-200k of 50 cal ammo along with multiple rockets types and can refuel/rearm without needing human intervention then people of Detroit should start fearing it

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by coltcall

That is a 4million dollar toy
we are still a ways off for mecha.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by coltcall
Y
Okay, liberals....start your blubbering and whining about your supposed definition of morality and the Japanese imported Robocop.

Ok you referenced Detroit. You do know who our Governor is here in Michigan? Rick Snyder who is deeming certain cities in Michigan as in a state of emergency and needs emergency managers. Detroit is one of those cities.

What they do is take the city coffers and hand it over to a business. All city officials elected by the people have no say in what is done with the cities taxes. The corporation then takes all the money and pays the bills.

This is fascism. No other way to interpret it and do not take it lightly. Michigan is the USA's first official fascist state. This will roll out across the nation if we keep slinging left right finger pointing while both sides usurp the people.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a real mech-suit would be an awesome toy. and a formidable weapon, suitably equipped. bound to become a common reality one day. but not yet.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
And then they cried....Nobody warned us!! It was only an animation! It wasn't real....and I want my civil rights back!!!

Fifteen years in the making, the “robosuit” is due to hit the Japanese market in 2012 when it will initially retail for about one million yen (£8,100), a price tag its makers hope to halve if the device is mass-produced.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
a real mech-suit would be an awesome toy. and a formidable weapon, suitably equipped. bound to become a common reality one day. but not yet.

Next they cried....Where the heck did that thing come from!!! I want protection!!!

singularityhub.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Detroit was built by a capitalist....Henry Ford.

Detroit will be taken over by Robocop Capitalism.

Ya know, you guys couldn't horse collar crime to make Detroit a safe place to live......well, here come Da RoboJudgeDredd.....

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
how is this a liberal/conservative issue ?

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The police women who performed the demo I attended showed us how she was always wore a bulletproof vest, and carried handcuffs, cable-tie style restraints, a large knife, a can of mace, and a retractable steel baton. "It's nonlethal, kids," she said. "But you don't want me to have to shatter your kneecaps with it."

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

Oh, C'mon....like you never heard liberals cry and whine about crime fighting? Seriously. Plato's cave of shadows or what?

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Oh, C'mon....like you never heard liberals cry and whine about crime fighting? Seriously. Plato's cave of shadows or what?

oh

thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

And do you think this purse snatcher in Australia has the right to sue the glass manufacturer or the store where the glass window was installed?

If you answered 'Yes,' you are definitely a liberal.......and you'd be the first to shout 'Lawsuit' if Robocop nails you in the act of a crime...............

Watch this purse-snatcher run through a glass door to escape
t.now.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

It's not.
People seem to work this angle into every topic these days.

You'd think they'd try to avoid polarizing and derailing a thread that isn't specifically about politics at all, but nope.

Here comes the "whiny liberal' labels about Mechanical armor from Japan, and no plans to even bring it to the United States at all.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
That is a 4million dollar toy
we are still a ways off for mecha.

Yeah, it even looks a bit flimsy and awkward.
I could see it as a prototype for something better down the line, but not close to a final product.

I couldn't even imagine something like this patrolling the crazy streets of Detroit as some sort of criminal deterrent.

Wouldn't stand a chance out there, and with all those million dollar parts?
I don't need to be psychic to see it's future:

- Lee

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I would be much more worried about these but at least there's an option to protect yourself for 1.3 million.

Hahaha, nice one Lee

edit on 1-4-2013 by Knives4eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

And do you think this purse snatcher in Australia has the right to sue the glass manufacturer or the store where the glass window was installed?

If you answered 'Yes,' you are definitely a liberal.......and you'd be the first to shout 'Lawsuit' if Robocop nails you in the act of a crime...............

Watch this purse-snatcher run through a glass door to escape
t.now.msn.com...

have no idea what you are going on about

labeling people and obsessing over the 2 parties is the core of all of our political problems.

check the sig

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

So, you think you have a full definition of the political diversity in America summed up in a tidy statement or two?

You really should get all the parties listening to your explanation.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by coltcall

AH.....I remember this. I posted a thread about it. Let me be clear though. IT IS NOT AND WILL NEVER BE USED AGAINST ANOTHER HUMAN BEING. That is basically a SHOW TANK. Its a good idea,but humanoid suits of armor are the wave of the future not a ST (Standing tank) Armored exo suits will be cheaper and far easier to maintain and produce than those. Closest thing to a tank you would see is a GUGES-d from APPLESEED someday or something similiar.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

Hmmmmm.....so you're saying that basically you are willing to take on a pair of Gatling Guns mounted on tracks?

Is this something like the circus guy who takes a cannon ball to the belly?

You want to take Robocop on Reality Television? A 'Running Man' kind of thing?

I say people will do the darnedest things to get themselves on television.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join