It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exxon Mobil pipeline leaks thousands of barrels of oil in Arkansas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
www .treehugger.com

Exxon Mobil on Sunday continued cleanup of a pipeline spill that spewed thousands of barrels of heavy Canadian crude in Arkansas as opponents of oil sands development latched on to the incident to attack plans to build the Keystone XL line.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com
globalnews.ca
edit on 31-3-2013 by cass1dy09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
30,000 gallon spill from a train derail in Minnesota 3 days ago now another 84,000 spill in Arkansas on Saturday. Ocean spills are one thing but now its right in our neighborhood. Is this something we could get used to if/when construction of the pipeline XL happens?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
OH a TOTALLY UNBIASED WEBSITE link to a Article fitting with their AGENDA! what a SHOCK!. Seriously though. If green jobs are so great then how come they have all failed and went bankrupt at this time?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The gallons of oil that were spilled are not matching, this cover up is bigger than I thought!

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

Are you sure they have?
Have you checked?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Allready two threads on this.. One is on the front page..

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Darn, I searched

The Yahoo link is mainstream..

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by yuppa

Are you sure they have?
Have you checked?

OH sorry. well not all of them have failed. I should have been more specific. Solyndra is a good example though. And they were supposed to increase american jobs,so why are windmills being made for or in china?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cass1dy09

Forgive me, but I'm missing your point. Are you saying that we have a way to transport billions of gallons of oil with a guarantee of no spills, and we should be using thatt instead?

Or, are you saying that we should stop our use of oil?

Or are you saying that Keystone is bad, and the rest of the pipelines are ok?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by cass1dy09

Two words. Holy fcuk!

I guess the only good that can come out of this is a heavy reminder about that bad.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Drilling and transporting oil is one of the most dangerous things humans do. Oil, like it or not, is also probably the most important resource used by modern society. Accident's are going to happen. I'd love to live in a totally green world, but when I look around my own house I see a lot of plastic. I still travel by car at least 5 times a week. I'm totally surrounded by petrol products.

We need Exxon but we should hold them accountable for any unnecessary harm they do. Oil is a necessary evil and should be exploited as safely and fully as possible until something better comes along.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa
If green jobs are so great then how come they have all failed and went bankrupt at this time?

Ever consider that oil companies will do anything in their power to stamp out renewable energy?

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
An image my friend sent me:

So Sad

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I just hope this does'nt effect Mountain Valley Spring water. That would suck to the extreme. There water is the best.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by IndianaJoe

At what cost? At what cost?

Let's face it, new energy technology is being repressed. Could you imagine a thousand km2 of sensitive marsh and waterways getting polluted like this? What a disaster that would be. And let's be honest, when was the last time you heard on the news the gov was gonna spend tens of billions on new technology to get us out of this mess? But Yaaaay! we have the rover on mars digging up dirt.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

Originally posted by yuppa
If green jobs are so great then how come they have all failed and went bankrupt at this time?

Ever consider that oil companies will do anything in their power to stamp out renewable energy?

I amended that comment the post below it So taking it out of context is not cool. Alot of them have went under,and not with Oil companies doing the hitting.Some went under due to miss apropriation

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
CNN was reporting this morning, that the pipeline that blew/gushed was built in the 1940s.
If it was that old, maybe there should have been better monitoring?
Maybe something 70 years old should have been replaced before it blew?
How many other pipelines are that old?

Infrastructure problems........

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Just came across this article, it has several photos and a video.

rt.com...

Man, that neighborhood is messed up. This is pretty sad.

Raist

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Heh, just got off the phone with my good buddy, hes getting ready to go inspect this mess, ill keep you updated ATS

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Man, it pains to hear that a load of oil has spilled over nature.

It’s grim. All i can think of is some nugget head in a suit cringing at his own selfish will to allow crap like this to happen. Well ok, it might not be totally his fault but nature doesn't give a rats ass why it happened, its suffering no matter what and it’s ballsy to hear such news.
edit on 1-4-2013 by SWENmordin because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join