It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

''Revolution'' - the new TV series, 'turning the lights off' would NOT lead to mayhem...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Double post, ma bad!
edit on 31-3-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
people check their smart phones 150 times per day

there will be blood !!!

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Might happen but I imagine 3-5 billion of us would perish in the process!

Surprisingly this is exactly what the NWO Illuminati scum want to take place!

I don't fancy being part of a slave race i'm afraid(Maybe I should say smaller slave race)!

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Look If you can not understand why we would have trouble for a long time If the electricity went out I have nothing more to say.

I recommend you read One second after to understand what would happen.

www.amazon.com...

This is the book which obama read and has tried to come up with answers, it scared him.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

I think we are spoon fed babies because of electricity and all the ' conveniences' we enjoy.

I mean we do not even have proper jobs these days - many people work in selling marketing or call centres..

Compared to our predecessors who made ropes / ships/ built machinery / farmed the land / sailed the seas / explored / discovered / built etc etc.

I think it would lead to a stronger more coherent society built on a common purpose of good solid old fashioned work.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Look If you can not understand why we would have trouble for a long time If the electricity went out I have nothing more to say.

I recommend you read One second after to understand what would happen.

www.amazon.com...

This is the book which obama read and has tried to come up with answers, it scared him.

I DO understand that it would be difficult for a while - but I think the effects are blown out of proportion to the reality.

I have faith that we are clever and resourceful.

You do not have to share my faith. I say we were fine without electricty in the past and we would be again.
edit on 31-3-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Maybe, but we would not be having this discussion with no internet!

If we lose the progress the information superhighway has given the Human race, what then?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake

Maybe but we would not be having this discussion with no internet!

If we lose the progress the information superhighway has given the Human race, what then?

well of course the net is great for communicating - I love it in that respect.
But in the 1980s and much of the 1990s the net was not around en - masse - I did not notice mayhem then.

We could lose the net with no worries at all.

If we lost the electricity grid for ever - we would have problems but not insurmountable ones.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

How are you going to make medicine? do you want people to die from a scratch? because that is what would happen.
Many diseases would come back which we have not seen for years.
Plus the fact of the environmental disasters which would occur, chemical factorys unable to contain their chemicals, nuclear plants melting down, flood defences not working and flooding.
It would be the end of our civilization as we know it and would take decades to recover.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I watched a few episodes of this show.
For electrical power to remain offline indefinitely, something must have gone wrong, with the fundamental laws of electro magnetism, I fear in this case, agriculture would be the least of our worries.

As long as we retain the knowledge, we can always improvise electromagnetic induction devices.
In a sudden failure of all electricity, brutal chaos would surely break out, it would however normalize after the demand matched the available energy.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Helen, its a nice idea you have but it would usher us into a new dark age!

We need to get of this rock, cant do that without advanced technology im afraid!

We cannot go back, only forward, when you try and go backwards devolution is ensured!

link   

How are you going to make medicine? do you want people to die from a scratch? because that is what would happen.
Many diseases would come back which we have not seen for years.
Plus the fact of the environmental disasters which would occur, chemical factorys unable to contain their chemicals, nuclear plants melting down, flood defences not working and flooding.
It would be the end of our civilization as we know it and would take decades to recover.

Yea nuclear power stations would defo be a problem - they would melt down and cause no go zones.

Medicines can still be made - the ingredients the generic chemicals required to make them are still known, so with some tweeking they could be manufactured by hand , easily.

link   
Oh and that show....I really tried but gave up after the last one.
They look like they have all just come home from shopping at Gap...

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Without the ability to send a picture of my dinner to my 6 followers every night, along with a 140 character accompaniment, my world would crumble around me.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by rom12345
I watched a few episodes of this show.
For electrical power to remain offline indefinitely, something must have gone wrong, with the fundamental laws of electro magnetism, I fear in this case, agriculture would be the least of our worries.

As long as we retain the knowledge, we can always improvise electromagnetic induction devices.
In a sudden failure of all electricity, brutal chaos would surely break out, it would however normalize after the demand matched the available energy.

I agree - we could still have a limited supply of some sort of power.
We would have to do more things by hand.
Skills would become valuable again - like carpenters / stone masons etc.
We would have to work together alot more .. the population probably would decrease across the world.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Another thing clean water? where you going to get that? the rivers and streams would be polluted due to all the chemical spills and dead bodies down the river.
Make medicines? lol ok.
You have to accept most of us would die off before we sorted out many of the problems.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo
Without the ability to send a picture of my dinner to my 6 followers every night, along with a 140 character accompaniment, my world would crumble around me.

Yes well - I know you are joking but I fear some people may actually melt down when they have to actually be present and normal and not hiding behind their silly devices. They would live though.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Another thing clean water? where you going to get that? the rivers and streams would be polluted due to all the chemical spills and dead bodies down the river.
Make medicines? lol ok.
You have to accept most of us would die off before we sorted out many of the problems.

Why are you laughing - making medicines is easy if you have the generic formulas.. that can be done easily with the right skill set of people.

We have plenty fo water - we can still filter water you know.

Electrcity does not make water. So its absence would make no difference to the supply although the distribution networks would have to be rethought.

We would have to be organised and have people who worked with the water systems and filters and organised availability.

It is so doable I do not see the problem - really.
edit on 31-3-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Can you make me some benazepril then? how about some methyldopa?

Tell me how are you going to organize everyone without communications? who is going to organize everyone? the person with the biggest stick that's who, but If you think you would be living in a democracy you would be wrong.
Its a great hippy idealistic idea you have but it just wouldn't happen.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
On a more serious note, boymonkey is right. There would be mass chaos initially, even from people you wouldn't expect.

Take farmers for instance - you would think they'd be fine in an 1800s world. You'd be wrong. Farmers these days rely heavily on major agroscience companies who increase crop yields and densities by as much as 300%. That's before we even go in to pesticides and herbicides preventing total crop destruction.

Do you know how farmers in the 1800s protected their farms? I don't. I doubt many farmers do any more either.

The centralised nature of modern living would be a problem - with the largest cities in the UK being anywhere from 500,000 to 1,000,000 strong, cannibalism and street gangs would rule the population hubs for decades. They would conquer their respective cities and launch short term orientated raids against the rural areas of the UK, killing off the few people who might be able to bring back a semblance of civilisation. They would survive for a while on old world tech and tins, killing off the skilled individuals to steal their crops, until they died off themselves due to population stagnation and wars.

Mad Max style.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join