It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mythology and the coming Great Deception (youtube vid)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
My youtube journey, that began with a documentary on ancient giants, continues. I watched a lot of hockey highlight videos, bad cops caught on tape videos, and some run-of-the-mill youtube trash videos.

I’m starting to watch a lot of different things with an open mind. Although I don’t necessarily believe a lot of what is said in this video, I do believe that mythology has its roots in truth; rather than fantasy. If you are like-minded, I have a feeling you will enjoy the video as well. It is a lecture presentation called, “Mythology and the Coming Great Deception.” It’s interesting and entertaining—that’s the least that I can say about this video.

It is a confluence of biblical themes, mythological allusions, and modern influence. Subjects discussed include nephilim, hybrids, transhuman modification, ancient giants, NWO, Revelation..oh yeah and some Obama hatin’ too.

All-in-all, I found the lecture enjoyable, but was a bit disappointed that the last few minutes were used to shoehorn his book and idea for a sci-fi series (surprise, surprise.)

Whether you give any credence to the subject matter or not, it has entertainment value. I hope you enjoy it as I did.

Do please offer your opinions and comments, but please be respectful if you’re going to take a stance of opposition.

My opinion: transhuman modification, hybrids, genetic manipulation etc. all scare the mcnuggets out of me! It truly does disturb me when people support the idea of playing God, and believe that they have the right to do so. I for one find the notion appalling. Some call it the natural progression of the human species. I'm just glad I'll be dead before we become The Borg.

edit on 30-3-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

There are definitely some great insights that I hadn't heard before. Good synopsis. You just need to inject more text
concerned with your own stance on the topic. This is the meat for discussion as they say. Although I personally appreciate the share. This is a long video and ATS in general isn't exactly accommodating to videos of this length.
FYI

SnF
edit on 30-3-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I dont know how many of us believe the bible but if we are to believe it we must believe it all. Revelation states that we will be overloaded with information. Well you can learn anything on the net weather true or.not. It states there will be wars and rummors of wars all over the globe. Wars are now going on all over the middle east and rummors of wars are talked about and specilated on every day now. It states man shall run to and frow across the globe and that there will be a global society which like it or now we already have. It speaks of birds falling from the skies and millions of sea creatures dying. We have seen this occure as well. It Also says that weather will go crazy and seasons will bleed together, well look at the snow storms and cold that seems to still be occurring and here we are in spring. It also says though that.when these things begin to occur for us not to worry for salvation is at hand and a new age shall come that will be amazing for all of us. So dont worry, pray for everyone on earth. Live life to the fullest and help each other for we are all brothers and sisters and should embrace that fact. Peace and love to all and may we all have blessed days and nights ahead.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I find it funny how people are talking about this great coming deception not even considering how each and every single one of us is being deceived.. in each and every moment.. each and every day... by ourselves. yes we are deceiving ourselves. denying ourselves the truth.

about who we are.. how powerful we all are. our leaders don't want us to know this. the religions of the world don't want us to know this. because if we did in a moment they would lose the power that they have over all of us. they could not exist. if we want to talk about any deception it would have to be this and this deception is only our own doing.. not something that is being done to us but something that we and only we are allowing to continue to happen. the truth about who we truly are. and what we are truly capable of. and how far removed we currently are from that as a people. if we want to talk about this deception it would have to be this.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I'm going to watch this after supper. Nice to see you recognize that some mythology has a base that is real. I study mythology to see if it can open my mind only to see that some of it is real.

Giants were real, the people who grow huge nowadays are said to have genetic disorders though, like they want to imply that the disease is new when in fact it explains what they talk about in the past. So the giants were just bloodlines where the giantism gene was active and working right back then. It is rare that this gene can work properly anymore, but not impossible.

Thors hammer may have been some sort of gun or cannon, invented long before it was supposed to be. What is said to be the hammer nowadays is just the striker that set it off. Small enough to fit in his pocket and big enough to destroy a mountain. This does not have to be the same tool. The Chinese invented gunpowder a really long time ago, there was trade everywhere. Somehow the ancient cannons blended in with the others that were around later on. I put Thors hammer being utilized just after Christ was born but possibly even earlier. Seems like every country that overthrew another took their technology and said it was theirs.

They had flying ships a couple of thousand years ago, hot air balloons were used in India. The myth of flying ships that got energy from burning rocks sounds pretty real.....Was it coal fired I try to figure out what these texts say, not read too much into them. I do see things with airplane type technology though, a possible real flying machine by some advanced race. Modern man probably saw evidence of this on rocks and stole the idea and made it their own....where did the idea of the shape of a plane come from? Possibly from a picture carved on a rock somewhere? This world where a person is credited with discovering something or patenting something that someone else has been using for years is often based on deceit. It seems if you steal someones idea and patent it first, it is legal. To discover a new species of a lizard on the back of a native on an island where they have been traditionally eating it for generations is not like the guy discovered anything in reality. I see people say they discovered caves but the locals knew about the cave for many generations. Why do we allow this deceit, we should give credit to the ones who it belongs to.
edit on 30-3-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nicolet

Well said, and I am in total agreement! This "great deception" was just in the youtube title, and to be honest..I have no idea really where this concept comes from. The culmination of the entire video was just for the presenter to say something like, "I don't know what it is, but it's coming!"

Naturally, it is very vague as to what this "great deception" is. I think you hit the nail on the head though. The greatest deception is our mystified sense of powerlessness and unimportance as individuals.

I'm not well-versed in Bible, but I have a feeling this concept of "great deception" is a biblical theme? Am I wrong in assuming this?
edit on 30-3-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
interesting, since I just played god of war ascension

edit on 31-3-2013 by mysteryskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysteryskeptic
interesting, since I just played god of war ascension

edit on 31-3-2013 by mysteryskeptic because: (no reason given)

Care to tell us how that ties in with the video?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

In deed, myths drive the world as much and better than any religion.
Most people do not understand the true meaning a "myth."

Our greatest modern day myth is found with the UFO.
The public sees them and gravitates toward a more enhanced view of the universe.
The governments are aware of the UFO but steadfastly denounce them for several reasons.
The key to building a good myth is to allow intangible evidence without proof.
That gives grounds for both viewpoints to existence and have validity in their own right.

It is a slow process, but that is the way philosophies and general cultural and social thinking moves on in human awareness and activities.

To fully understand that process, you have to give the ETs credit for understanding the human animal from its core. But, alas, I constantly see human animals on ATS and elsewhere that proclaim that the ETs and the governments hiding the truth are all stupid. That is why myths come in handy in maneuvering a world's population. Even the stupid eventually, slowly absorb the essential message so it is not quite a shock when the full truth is revealed and it also gives the governments time to get up to speed.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
great vid watched the whole thing ! was very interesting
! thx

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Thank you for this video.

Again, I am coming across your thread late.

I won't have time to watch it until the weekend, but I look forward to seeing it. Sounds very interesting!

Thanks for sharing! S&F, my friend!

new topics

top topics

join