It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Soul Camera and Kirlian Photography. Finding Good and Evil in a Lens.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
While looking for something else I bumped into an article that was written concerning an invention of a camera that can take a picture of your soul. Now everyone has their "own" interpretation into what they think the "soul" is, but for this, we will say it is a way of seeing who you truly are.

Before you do this
please read on.

Here is a bit about Kirlian photography.

Kirlian photography is a collection of photographic techniques used to capture the phenomenon of electrical coronal discharges. It is named after Semyon Kirlian, who, in 1939 accidentally discovered that if an object on a photographic plate is connected to a high-voltage source, an image is produced on the photographic plate.[1] The technique has been variously known as "electrography",[2] "electrophotography",[3] "corona discharge photography" (CDP),[4] "bioelectrography",[2] "gas discharge visualization (GDV)",[5] "eletrophotonic imaging (EPI)",[6] and, in Russian literature, "Kirlianography".

Kirlian photography has been the subject of mainstream scientific research, parapsychology research and art. To a large extent, It has been co-opted by promoters of pseudoscience and paranormal health claims in books, magazines, workshops, and web sites.

en.wikipedia.org...

Here are some photos.
Here are fingertips.

A leaf.

A quarter.

Beautiful huh.

There are many different theories concerning this type of photography but mostly when humans are concerned and they get similar results like these.

and this.

With the above there was another article coming out of Japan of a person who actually invented a camera to do just this.

Soul camera photographs your face but reveals the inner you, say inventors

A JAPANESE electronics firm has unveiled a futuristic new digital camera that unveils and photographs “the inner you.”

And that means drop-dead hunks and beauties who are mean and nasty on the inside will look, in pictures taken by the camera, ”ugly and deformed” while homely men and women with hearts of gold will photograph “like supermodels and movie stars,” a spokesman for the firm says.

“We call it the Soul Camera – and it’s long overdue,” Takiro Nakamura, of Sonaco Electronics, which introduced the camera at an international trade show in Tokyo, told me exclusively.

“Since the advent of film photography in the 19th century, unattractive men and women with wonderful and loving personalities have been made to suffer as objects of scorn because they weren’t photogenic like beautiful people who often are stupid, shallow and mean-spirited their behavior.

“The Soul Camera is the ‘great equalizer.’ Thanks to this new technology, ugly men and women who are good and decent people have a chance to be seen for what they are – beautiful on the inside.

“Of course, there are ugly people who also are ugly on the inside, but there’s nothing we can do to enhance their images short of ‘doctoring’ their photos by retouching them on a computer.

“The Soul Camera is a machine – it doesn’t know how to lie.”

derekclontz.wordpress.com...

Though I have searched to see if it had actually been invented, as far as I know it hasn't. But that is NOT to say that it had not been bought and used privately which sounds a bit more plausible.

Here is a second article from Russia.
Russian camera can see human soul

A wonder device can see the soul of a dead man pass away… or at least that’s what the inventor claims.

A publication of the popular Russian tabloid Life.ru gives a dramatic account of the experiments of an inventor from St Petersburg, who has created a device able to see human aura.

Accompanied by pictures suspiciously reminiscent of a series of thermal images of a woman at different temperatures, the report claims they are made with a special “gas discharge camera” built by Konstantin Korotkov, a professor at the Research Institute of Physical Culture and State University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics.

The paper goes on to say that the device can register the circumstances of death, differentiating between a victim of a violent crime and a person who died quietly in bed. It also registers the changes in aura presumably made by a strong psychic working on somebody.

Disregarding the glib comparison of the religious term “soul” with the new age “aura”, the claims – they can hardly even be expected to get support in peer-reviewed scientific papers in our opinion – prompted RT to take a little investigation into the wonder device.

rt.com...

So if you have read this far and find it interesting I thought I would add a DIY camera that you can make at home

Making Kirlian Photographs

The process is simple. Sheet film is placed on top of a metal plate, called the discharge or film plate. The object to photograph is placed on top of the film. If the object to be Kirlian photographed is inanimate, such as a coin or leaf, a earth ground is connected to the object. See figure 1 below. High voltage is applied to the plate momentarily to make an exposure. The corona discharge between the object and discharge plate passes through and is recorded onto the film. When the film is developed you have a Kirlian photograph of the object.

The Kirlian process, being a contact print process, doesn't require the use of a camera or lens. However when a transparent electrode is substituted for the discharge plate it is possible to use a standard camera (with a bulb setting) or video camera.

One must keep in mind that most observable Kirlian phenomena does not require any paranormal or bio-plasma field to be explained. For instance, stress or the "act of lying" can easily be detected with a lie detector that relies on measuring the change in a person's galvanic skin resistance. Stress may also be seen in a Kirlian photograph as a change in the corona discharge (aura), however this change is easily explained by the change in a person's skin resistance without the need of evoking any metaphysical properties.

Here is how it works.

The end result

And full instruction.
www.imagesco.com...

So I ask the opinions of the great minds of ATS.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Looks like Quarters have beautiful radiant souls

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Thank you very much for this wonderful thread. I was completely unfamiliar with the concept of photographing the Aura but I love it! Also very cool that you bothered to add a tutorial on how to make these photographs yourself. I'm getting wiser by the day, thanks to threads like this. Keep up the good work! S&F.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Cerdofuego

Thank you for the kind words. This is new to me as well, I was actually looking for something else, and found this, I look forward to trying to make the camera, the instructions look pretty easy to understand.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The quarter seems pretty fake, but pretty pics none the less.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by RooskiZombi

The pictures are made with a process they are radiant, and yes cool, the link explains how its done.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
reply to post by RooskiZombi

The pictures are made with a process they are radiant, and yes cool, the link explains how its done.

Peace, NRE.
I'm going to second this notion. S&F and thanks for the link.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Could you add more pictures please?

Im curious about the japanese camera, would be amazing if this turns out not to be some sort of scam.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

So if the japanese camera can take pics of the soul, where are those examples at????

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsup86

Please see the links that I added, they are informative and you can learn so many things. I dont know much about photography but found this fascinating, and it makes me kind of regret that its so hard to get older cameras, I would have loved to make one out of an old camera so whatever developed would be easier to check through for authenticity, in other words "non-photoshopped"

Peace, NRE

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Looks like Quarters have beautiful radiant souls

They always said that "money doesnt bring happiness but it sure helps" - now science explains why!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Thank you sooo much for the link and I recommend all check it out, I saw most already but not all in one place, I have to look into getting many of those turned into poster to frame.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I played around with Kirlian photography for a bit back in the 70's. My friends and I had a lot of fun with it, and it is impossible to understand the power of "Let me take a picture of your soul!" as a pick-up line!

Still, I have to admit that we had just as accurate results judging auras from another 70's fad- Mood Rings!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
great thread, the camera costs a arm and a leg lols $6000-$18000, but this was some years back, maybe
they improved it? or gave up on it? The cost might of went down as well maybe?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Montana

Hey mood rings im sure i have heard about them, do they actually work...?

namaste

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Aren't we just essentially seeing electrical discharge due to fluid ionization? The Wikipedia link is interesting in that it states:

The living aura theory is at least partially repudiated by demonstrating that leaf moisture content has a pronounced effect on the electric discharge coronas; more moisture creates larger, more dynamic corona discharges. As the leaf dehydrates, the coronas will naturally decrease in variability and intensity. As a result, the changing water content of the leaf can affect the so-called Kirlian aura. Kirlian's experiments did not provide evidence for an energy field other than the electric fields produced by chemical processes, and the streaming process of coronal discharges...

Wikipedia

But what part of the hypothesis is not repudiated by this explanation? It says partially, but doesn't expand on what parts of the hypothesis remain to be accounted for. The reference cited for the above quote says:

The results are found to be completely explicable in terms of the ``streamer'' phenomenon of corona discharge. In fact, the wide variety of color effects observed in ``Kirlian'' photography can be accounted for by this mechanism.

Link to research

So what part of the hypothesis remains unexplained? I'd be very interested to learn that there is something to this that has yet to be accounted for through mundane processes.

Either way, these are some remarkably beautiful images. Thanks for sharing them with us! Peace.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by theruthlessone
reply to post by Montana

Hey mood rings im sure i have heard about them, do they actually work...?

namaste

Yes, of course they worked! And, well too.
BUT, you need to understand; all they did was change color based on skin/finger/local temprature.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
So, I've read about this a few times before and don't know if it's legit or not. But, assuming these 'Kirlian photographs' really can produce a photo of the 'aura', would the colours and all that change with emotion? Like if you were to photograph a laughing person who is in good spirits standing right beside somebody who just got in a pub brawl would there be a big difference between the two?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
So a quarter has a soul? Is that what it shows?
Well you learn something new every day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join