It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OOPS! I guess the our elected law enforcement doesn't agree with the OVAL ORIFICE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I new my local guys where going to blow off any Fed regulation on gun control. After all can you blame them? They are ELECTED and as such can be voted out for doing something the PEOPLE don't like (unlike the beltway boys). However, I never suspected it had gone this far!......Looks like there is gonna be a show down at the OK corral!

cnsnews.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Reading this brought a tear to MY eye....and i am Canadian!
Up here we have a Federal Troop Police called Mounties....
They are likened to an occupying army, and will do the govts bidding....
They transfer recruits to the nether reaches of from where they grew up and thus make the whole force strangers in the country they suposedly police/read occupy.
I for one recognise the fight for US gun rights is not about Americans....Its about the dignity of your person and the defense of your life......
You are standing up for the entire world, and i support your stand 100%

Never step back....the assault on our rights will be relentless......These are your REAL ELECTED REPRESENTATIVES
who share your community.................

The state organizations that are part of the CSPOA effort are the California Sheriffs Association, Colorado Sheriffs Association, Florida Sheriffs Association, Georgia Sheriffs Association, Illinois Sheriffs Association, Indiana Sheriffs Association, Kentucky Sheriffs Association, Missouri Sheriffs Association, Montana Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association, Nebraska Sheriffs Association, New Mexico Sheriffs Association, Oklahoma Sheriffs Association, South Carolina Sheriffs Association, Wyoming Sheriffs Association and Utah Sheriffs Association.

edit on 27-3-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I would put more stock in this debate if the opposition actually knew what the F^&* they were talking about. "The Democrat-controlled Senate is considering several anti-gun proposal put forward by Obama that include universal background checks, new gun show regulations and a ban on certain automatic weapons." Automatic weapons are Class III weapons and are already heavily regulated. It really gets to me that majority of people think that a civilian semi-automatic AR-15 ($1200-5000) is a military weapon with selectable fire ($10K+). Sure some people own military grade weapons but they sure as heck are not used in crimes, after the 80's in Miami crimes with automatic weapons virtually disappears. We first need to have a discussion on basic weapons platforms, before we can discuss regulation because half the debate knows squat about firearms.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
And here I thought this was going to be a thread about how law enforcement discriminates against feminists and violates their rights. Nice set up.

Back to topic, I know many LEOs down here want more lax laws and want people to be able to keep whatever weapons they can. They are totally against stricter laws.

But this is the south.
edit on 27-3-2013 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
1. They will fall in line once their Federal funding gets cut.
2. It won't fall to any yocal cop to enforce these laws...the state will be required to cooperate with the federal agencies.

So what you have here is a lot of talk to get votes for next election...and it's working on simple minded folks.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The Talk you mention......Its the right words and the right time to say them.....
They better back up their words with actions if they wish to stay elected......
The federal governments of all the western nations, (the totalitarian ones are already well on the way to being disarmed....) are all in the same anti private arms mode...
Theres no denying the way the wind blows....despite what the weatherman says on TV...................

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

Doubtful, they all dont take federal funding. However local police departments do. There is a big difference between Sheriff Depts and Police.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by IknowJack

Doubtful, they all dont take federal funding. However local police departments do. There is a big difference between Sheriff Depts and Police.

If they don't get it directly from the Feds, they get it from the State...which gets it from the Feds.

It's all BS talk...if a law is passed...they will enforce it...or ironically they are the ones acting against the Constitution. Their job is to enforce...not legislate and not decide Constitutionality. If they wanted to do that, they should have become a congressman or a judge.
edit on 27-3-2013 by xedocodex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex

Originally posted by IknowJack

If they don't get it directly from the Feds, they get it from the State...which gets it from the Feds.

It's all BS talk...if a law is passed...they will enforce it...or ironically they are the ones acting against the Constitution. Their job is to enforce...not legislate and not decide Constitutionality. If they wanted to do that, they should have become a congressman or a judge.
edit on 27-3-2013 by xedocodex because: (no reason given)

Your of course kidding right?

Colorado passed a law legalising pot, against federal law, the colorado police are not beholden to the feds, or to enforce a single one of their laws. The feds have federal police forces for that, you inow the fbi, atf, nsa, us marshalls etc...

I think you are trying to cause strife on purpose, by intentionally ignoring facts.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I thought maybe this was an actual news story
from an actual news source. So nope on both accounts.

CNS? Conservative news service?
Yep no bias there.

Remember these sheriffs are even less knowledgeable than
the NRA paid AM radio scare jocks they are getting their "news" from.

This is how stupid sh** that ends up hurting real people gets started .

Classy thread title btw.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by IknowJack

www.usatoday.com...

I'll keep looking for articles because I guess I don't know whats Politically acceptable. I liked my title also, thanx.

top topics

join