It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ about to appear? Prophesies to watch.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
Do you honestly believe that the dead will rise?

Why not? It happened before to many. The most well known of these people was Jesus the Christ.

And that people will die at the mere sight of Jesus if and when he comes back?

Dying of mere sight also happened before. Dying of mere fright has documented cases ( abcnews.go.com... ) as well so it's not as great of a stretch to envision.

Sounds like a fairy tale to me...

Everything is a fairy tale for those who have yet to experience it.

Perhaps even a nightmare

It will be for a large number of people.
edit on 26-3-2013 by saint4God because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk
Yes, I am here. I am the son of God.

With all the other crap being thrown about on ATS without evidence I might as well proclaim that I am the son of God and that God talks to me all the time. Of course I have no evidence and I can't turn water to wine (that was a lie) I can't heal the sick (also a lie)....etc.

However, I am the son of God and I have no evidence to back it up. My name is Jesus and I am at work right now. Gotta make some Benjamins to support my lifestyle. Money doesn't grown on trees and no I can't make that happen either.

......but I swear on a stack of bibles that I am the son of God and my name is Jesus.

Sorry to hear your frustration with lack of proof, I have been there before myself. God is not unwilling to provide proof, but we do need to go to Him first instead of waiting for lightning to strike our heads. If you're having problems reaching God, I'd be glad to try to help, feel free to send message if this is honestly, earnestly the case.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Afraid you're incorrect there. Matthew 24-15 directly refers to Daniel 11-31

Well, Matthew 24:15 and Daniel 11:31 refer to the abomination. Yes.

But, I was referring to a completely different set of verses that you mentioned in the OP. I was specifically addressing your point about the carcass and the vultures.

Sure, we have a carcass in Matthew 24 and dead ram in Daniel 8. But then I could ask you, who are what is the equivalent of the vultures in Daniel 8? There are none... so there need not necessarily be a reference to something Daniel wrote about.

The carcass/vultures bit is mostly a proverb used to make a point...like "where theres smoke theres fire.
For example... the previous verse says the son of man will appear like a flash of lightning. You can read meanings into it if you want to... by linking it to another verse where "lightning" is also mentioned and then thinking there is a connection between the two.

I doubt Jesus intended the carcass and the vultures to represent things spoken of in Daniel. Again you can read a meaning into it, as you have done.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

I may be reading something into this but look at the verses in question again.

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

This isn't just an event it's a period of time. A time of tribulation.

Also remember this sermon is in response to the question of 24-3. The carcass is the sign of his coming. Which then begs the question "What the heck is the carcass?" So using the principle of "Using the bible to solve the bible" I came up with Daniel 8. At least I haven't found any other carcasses linked to major end time events.

So all things considered I would say that we're very close to or already in the days of the tribulation of the carcass.
edit on 26-3-2013 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Blood Moons and Solar Eclipses coming in 2014-2015. This will not occur again for centuries so I think it's something worth keeping an eye on, especially concerning Israel. Most of these will fall on Jewish religious holidays apparently and when they have happened in the past, something significant always seems to precede or follow them.

I think that time frame is going to be important one way or the other. Another thing I have noticed is the Muslims seem to be pointing towards the year 2020-2023 timeframe. This could work in with the 7 year tribulation period.. I understand that it likely means nothing but something to consider.
edit on 27-3-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Being "scared to death" isn't just an overused phrase. It actually happens.
science.howstuffworks.com...

You say dying at the sight of Jesus' return is preposterous?? So, being a non-believer, you would not be stunned beyond any definition at the sight of this fairytale figure? I'm a believer, and I could imagine my guilt leading to a heart attack, shock, etc. at the sight of the Almighty.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by therealdemoboy
reply to post by Akragon

You say dying at the sight of Jesus' return is preposterous?? So, being a non-believer, you would not be stunned beyond any definition at the sight of this fairytale figure? I'm a believer, and I could imagine my guilt leading to a heart attack, shock, etc. at the sight of the Almighty.

Considering im not a "non-believer"... I would be stunned if a "fairytale" came to reality... but I don't believe anyone would die at the sight of Jesus returning...

For one thing... he wasn't God...

And he preached love, not destruction... Just because I don't believe the same things you "Christians" do... does not make me a non-believer.

Chances are if he actually did show up I believe most "Christians" likely wouldn't even recognise him because they will be looking for some one that is bent on destruction

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

So true! The Jewish people were so terrified at the voice of God, that they begged Moses to have God speak to him and then Moses tell them what God said.

Exodus 20:19 And they said unto Moses, speak thou with us, and we will hear: but let not God speak with us, lest we die.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

hi.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
in my culture we had a way to have the dead return... which in turn was made illegal to do so... it didnt involve sacrifice although it did have a price. a ghost dance which some consider legend is true and as stated is outlawed for fear of what it can truly accomplish. in my culture there is also the heyoka, the thunder dreamers... which that one passage spoke of, "like lightning from the east"
as for the whole... "the many will die at the sight of him" wouldnt that imply that he would be a "murderer"? i mean... it is said that for some he is a lamb... and for others he is a lion?
i may be wrong here... but those are my thoughts at least ^^;

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk
Yes, I am here. I am the son of God.

With all the other crap being thrown about on ATS without evidence I might as well proclaim that I am the son of God and that God talks to me all the time. Of course I have no evidence and I can't turn water to wine (that was a lie) I can't heal the sick (also a lie)....etc.

However, I am the son of God and I have no evidence to back it up. My name is Jesus and I am at work right now. Gotta make some Benjamins to support my lifestyle. Money doesn't grown on trees and no I can't make that happen either.

......but I swear on a stack of bibles that I am the son of God and my name is Jesus.
edit on 26-3-2013 by wdkirk because: spell check....no...I can't just make the words spell themselves.

edit on 26-3-2013 by wdkirk because: ....Holy misspelled words

Insanity is not something to be mocked, to be honest.

This thread is really creepy though. I wish you folks a speedy recovery.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The REAL problem here is that this is one of the most taken out of context verses in the bible of all time.

Most of what Christ is talking about here happened in 70AD. Lets review how this conversation started:

24 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be?

So at this point they are discussing the destruction of the Temple, which of course occurred in 70AD under the Romans.

Now the part that got messed with under Jesuit Futurism...

and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

The disciples understood that the destruction of the Temple was the “end of the age of the Jews” and the beginning of the final “age of the church” which would lead to the return of Christ. If you notice some versions of that conversation even mention the “end of an age”; for example, I believe Luke does.

I don't believe that the disciples understood how long that the end would take, and expected it to be completed in their lifetimes, but they did witness the beginning of the “end” within a generation as predicted. So, the “end of the world” actually began in 70ad, and continues until the present time. The book of Revelation encompasses all that span of time.

Almost 1500 years later, along comes the Protestant Reformation, and cries that the Pope is the Antichrist. To combat that the RCC held the Council of Trent with the intention of muddying the waters of end time prophecy, and removing any 'bad press' about them as a result. The main school of prophecy that came out of the Council of Trent was that of Futurism, which is what most Christians today know...

Francisco Ribera: Apocalypse commentary
In order to remove the papacy of the Catholic Church from consideration as the Antichrist (as an act of countering the Protestant Reformation), Ribera began writing a lengthy (500 page) commentary in 1585 on the Book of Revelation (Apocalypse) titled In Sacrum Beati Ioannis Apostoli, & Evangelistiae Apocalypsin Commentarij, proposing that the first few chapters of the Apocalypse apply to ancient pagan Rome, and the rest he limited to a yet future period of 3½ literal years, immediately prior to the second coming....

To accomplish this, Ribera proposed that the 1260 days and 42 months and 3½ times of prophecy were not 1260 years as based on the year-day principle (Numbers 14:34 and Ezekiel 4:6), but a literal 3½ years, hence preventing the arrival of the deduction of (i) the 1260 years to be related to the Dark Ages (according to the Historicism (Christianity) interpretation of eschatology from 538 A.D. when the papal power was fully established in Rome until its political blow in 1798 A.D., when Louis-Alexandre Berthier the general of Napoleon captured pope Pius VI as prisoner to Valence, France) and (ii) the Antichrist to be related to papacy.

That said, its not the first, not the best, and certainly not the truest school of interpretation, though it is the most exciting, fictional, and politically correct version. Luther, Calvin, Wesley, Sir Issac Newton, etc... all originally believed in Historicism, not Futurism. Even the Horae Apocalypticae, the most comprehensive study of christian eschatological teaching, states that Historicism is the correct interpretation of bible prophecy.

The end result: by hiding their own place in prophecy, the RCC have askewed the interpretation of the rest of the prophecy for those who follow Futurism. Even the Catholic Chruch, who invented Futurism, reject it for Pretersim, a school that is much, much closer to Historicism.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeramie
The carcass refers to all the people who will be killed by the brightness of His coming. When Jesus returns, there will be three classes of people: the righteous dead who will rise from their graves, those who will be alive but will change in the twinkling of an eye, and those who will die at the sight of Jesus and all His glory.

Their dead bodies will be everywhere, and the birds and other animals will feast on their carcasses.

Revelation 19:16-18(KJV)
16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And Lord Of Lords.
17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

Do you honestly believe that the dead will rise?

And that people will die at the mere sight of Jesus if and when he comes back?

Sounds like a fairy tale to me...

Perhaps even a nightmare

Edit: Thank you for inspiring my latest thread

The dead will rise? The fairy tales of religion
edit on 25-3-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

and the dead shall rise from their graves?
EVERYBODY RUN !!!
IT"S THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1PLA1

reply to post by Akragon

So true! The Jewish people were so terrified at the voice of God, that they begged Moses to have God speak to him and then Moses tell them what God said.

Exodus 20:19 And they said unto Moses, speak thou with us, and we will hear: but let not God speak with us, lest we die.

trouble with that is the original orphan in the river who was adopted by the queen and who later became king
was zargon the great..you know the great king who handed down the law on tablets of stone that governed his empire....
the ACTUALL guy who's hieroglyph is the reeds and the basket

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Jesus Christ about to appear?

Unlikely. There is some doubt about whether any such man (that the OTT story and lies are based on), ever existed to begin with. You might think after a couple of millennia people would get the hint.

John Frum could return though, that's a possibility. He almost certainly existed to begin with and his prophecy has proved correct on at least one occasion.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

There is 2 problems here with Preterism or Historicism. To start with.

Matthew 24-14
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

It wasn't actually possible for this verse to be fulfilled until the 20th century. There simply was large groups of people (nations) that were too remote and hidden until modern transportation technology made it possible to find them all.

See this link. Wikipedia New Guinea.

Before about 1930, European maps showed the highlands as uninhabited forests.[citation needed] When first flown over by aircraft, numerous settlements with agricultural terraces and stockades were observed. The most startling discovery took place on 4 August 1938, when Richard Archbold discovered the Grand Valley of the Baliem River which had 50,000 yet-undiscovered Stone Age farmers living in orderly villages. The people, known as the Dani, were the last society of its size to make first contact with the rest of the world.[37]

Now here is something else here to consider. That blows away the Preterism or Historicism concept totally. And here's the verses.

Hosea 5
12 Therefore will I be unto Ephraim as a moth, and to the house of Judah as rottenness.
13 When Ephraim saw his sickness, and Judah saw his wound, then went Ephraim to the Assyrian, and sent to king Jareb: yet could he not heal you, nor cure you of your wound.
14 For I will be unto Ephraim as a lion, and as a young lion to the house of Judah: I, even I, will tear and go away; I will take away, and none shall rescue him.
15 I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early.

Hosea 6
1 Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

Do you see the big problem there in verse 6-2? If not read this and reconsider.

2nd Peter 3-8.
But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

According to the prophesy the Jews and Israelites were to serve a 2000 year Leviticus 26 curse! And if you look at the history of the past 2000 years they have been serving it.

And that's why Preterism or Historicism hasn't a leg to stand on. Unfinished business running in the background.

And the cause of this curse? After some looking I found it in Malachi 4 and Matthew 17.

5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

10 And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?
11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
13 Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.

So did you catch what Jesus Christ was actually telling them?

By the time of the Olivet Discourse the curse was already running.

edit on 27-4-2013 by ntech because: spellcheck

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The generation that sees Israel come back shall not pass away.

So, the people who saw the birth of Israel, will all not pass away. Either 1967 or 1947

You're closer than you think.
edit on 27-4-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ntech
Problem here. In Matthew 24 he makes a curious statement about his return.

Matthew 24:14 is the key to Jesus outline...

"And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Everything Jesus says in this monologue up until this point is modified by "the end is not yet" or "he who endures to the end" ... so the 'abomination that makes desolate' event will happen but only following the subject of verse 14 heralds "the end".

Why bring up ancient history unless it was supposed to happen again?

One writer has called it the Apotelesmatic Principle.
edit on 27/4/13 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I wondered at the end of March (just before Easter) about this event. It is said that Jesus died on the Wednesday and was raised on the Sabbath. In this case..these guys went up the pyramid on the Tues evening, and upon it by Wed morn.

www.cnn.com... (just find it ironic that they 'exscaped unnoticed', their last stunt they scaled a bridge (walked on water lol) and next he says his next trip to would be to the middle east (Israel or Syria).

www.dailymail.co.uk...

which was days after lightening stikes the Vatican and then the new Pope is chosen...

It kinda amazed me and made me happy. I don't know why.

I am not saying that this is Jesus (re-born) with a few of his disciples reclaiming his rightful place (on top of the pyramid, that some of us choose to believe will be the revealing of either JC or the AC).

"When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand: ) " = The Great Pyramid was built as a symbol of Mount Moriah (the primordial mound of creation) which resides at the centre of the Garden of Eden, the place where YHWH stares continually. All three pyramids at Giza were deliberately built to represent Orion’s belt, chiefly represented by the three major mountains in Jerusalem - Mount Moriah, the Mount of Olives and Mount Zion. www.flyingchariotministries.com...

hmm if so, then

Christ will appear in great glory and majesty, the dead in Christ will be raised, Christ's personal kingdom will take place, and the general judgment come on. The manner of his coming will be "with clouds"; either figuratively, with angels, who will attend him both for grandeur and service, or literally, in the clouds of heaven; he shall descend in like manner as he ascended, and as Daniel prophesied he should,

Daniel 7:13. Hence, one of the names of the Messiah, with the Jews, is, "Anani" (r), which signifies "clouds"; and his coming is so described, both to denote the grand and magnificent manner, in which he will come, making the clouds his chariots; and to strike terror into his enemies, clouds and darkness being about him, thunder and lightning breaking out of them, as tokens of that vengeance he comes to take upon them; as also the visibility of his coming, he shall descend from the third heaven, where he now is, into the airy heaven, and sit upon the clouds, as on his throne, and be visible to all: hence it follows, ...

(vengeance upon the Catholic Church??)

"
The absence of the “capstone” on the Great Pyramid is also very significant. “The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone; Yahweh has done this, and it is marvellous in our eyes.” (Psalm 118:22-23) “Therefore I tell you that the Kingdom of Yahweh will be taken away from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit. He who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces, but he on whom it falls will be crushed.” (Matthew 21:43-44)
Isaiah 19:19 states that there, “shall be for a sign and for a witness unto Yahweh Tzeveot in the land of Egypt.” This is view is supported in Jeremiah 32:20 which speaks of YHWH setting “signs and wonders in the land of Egypt, even unto this day.”

I am surprised no one here wrote about these guys when it happened (since many here are Pyramid-watchers). Just wondered what others thought. Feel free to disregard this theory if it is meaningless to you.
edit on 27-4-2013 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

It wasn't actually possible for this verse to be fulfilled until the 20th century.

I never said that the “whole thing” was done, but big parts of it are already fulfilled. Remember that they actually asked him three different things:
1) when would Jerusalem be destroyed (also mentioned as being the “end of an age”).
2) When would the “end of the world” come.
3) When would Christ return.
The disciples may have believed that all these would happen at the same time, within their lifetimes. They didn't understand that the process would take thousands of years human time, or a couple of days in Gods time. However, it did start within a generation as Christ said it would.

If you read Josephus, he goes into great detail about the destruction of Jerusalem, and there are tons of parallels with this chapter. There are whole web pages out there dealing with this topic if you do a search around the net for it.

According to the prophesy the Jews and Israelites were to serve a 2000 year Leviticus 26 curse! And if you look at the history of the past 2000 years they have been serving it.

And that's why Preterism or Historicism hasn't a leg to stand on. Unfinished business running in the background.

...And that will keep on going until its finished, 2070 would be the end I would have to assume, which coincides very well with Sir Issac Newtons prediction (based on historicism) that the world could not end until after 2060. I personally believe that it will end prior to 3000 which is the end of the 7th day if you believe in a 5000bc start date.
Nothing you have written here in anyway impedes Historicism, are you sure your not thinking of Preterism?
The two are similar in ways and easily confused.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join