It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA trains and spies for Syrian rebels – report

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

CIA trains and spies for Syrian rebels – report

rt.com

Some Syrian rebel groups get training and intelligence straight from CIA officers, US officials told media. The helping hand is meant to bolster the secular opposition against both governmental troops and Islamist forces.

The CIA’s increased involvement in Syria is part America’s greater engagement in the war-torn country, according to The Wall Street Journal. The spy agency has selected some small rebel units from the Free Syrian Army to receive combat training and fresh intel they can act upon, the newspaper says, citing unnamed US officials and rebel commanders.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

The training is provided by the CIA, working together with British, French and Jordanian intelligence agencies. The rebels are taught to use various kinds of arms, including anti-tank weapons. They are also schooled in urban combat tactics and counterintelligence tactics.

Ha this is rich, so Assad is still the bad guy? Remember how he has always stated his government is being overrun by terrorist from outside. the alphabetical agencies are hard at work.

The thing that caught my eye though was the reference from Jordan and this news snippet

President Barack Obama said he and King Abdullah II haven’t reached an answer about what to do on Syria, but he promised $200 million in new humanitarian aid Friday to help the government here manage the influx of hundreds of thousands of refugees from Bashar Assad’s regime who’ve entered the country.

link:www.politico.com...

of course all in the name of humanitarian aid

The US is reportedly gathering intelligence on Nusra Front commanders and fighters for a possible campaign of targeted drone killing similar to those the CIA wages in Pakistan and Yemen and the Pentagon in Afghanistan.

So if by now you still don't get it, they're making a clear path to Iran. Removing its allies before launching the big one.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I've suspected this all along. When it first began the CIA was there as it was in Egypt and Libya, and they did the same things, poisoned the drinking water of the people and starting killing families and children. It was being given blow by blow accounts on twitter as they cried for help, even the doctors in the hospital and staff on twitter and they didn't know what to do, who to treat first, there were so many people brought in, and then the killers started killing the medical staff and there was suddenly censorship imposed on the tweets.

And oh lookie lookie, a very important thread ignored and why????? The world is truly gone nuts!!!
edit on 23-3-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Yeah British SAS have been training those Terrorist cowards as well. Saw reports the SAS took them to Iraq for weapons training.

Just goes to show our Governments are supporting Terrorism and not fighting it like they say in their Propaganda reports!

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I just find it so amusing that when there is a conflict somewhere in the world you can bet your a$$ the CIA is involved.

I'm still waiting for those Pro-Syrian rebel guys on here to start defending the CIA's involvement.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
This is nothing new. Read Charlie Wilson's War (avoid the movie) and you get a very good understanding of how the CIA accomplishes these things. We trained the mujhadeen in Afghanistan to fight the russians. We armed them, with the help of Israel and Pakistan, we taught them to use explosives, we created weaponry perfect for the type of combat they were fighting and then it was turned on us.

We're doing it again in Syria and it will, invariably, be used against us at a later date.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I have a hard time believing it is unknowingly being turned against you. Things like these are pre-calculated risks and plans are made upon to create the advantage at any given situation.

Or maybe i give them to much credit.
edit on 23-3-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
I have a hard time believing it is unknowingly being turned against you. Things like these are pre-calculated risks and plans are made upon to create the advantage at any given situation.

When Russia invade Afghanistan, the US viewed this as a chance to fight Russia, without a real confrontation. It was viewed as payback for the russian's helping the north vietnamese in their fight against the US. We had the Israelis making knock-off russian weapons which were smuggled into the country, via pakistan. We armed them, we trained them, we helped them defeat the russian army. This is something that would have been impossible without this aid. Years later they used the same weaponry, the same warfare knowledge, against us when we invaded the country post 9/11. I'm sure they knew, going in, that they were going to up against the same weapons and techniques but I bet they didn't expect the locals to have improved upon their knowledge as much as they did.

Originally posted by Senduko
Or maybe i give them to much credit.

I find that, in general, I give everyone too much credit. When dealing with government thinking, one must assume that they think and this, alone, is giving them too much credit.

For example, the US Post office, a year or so ago, announced that they were going broke, primarily because they didn't forsee the drop in revenue as a result of email.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Can and care the CIA give the information about these so called secular terrorists if there any? to public?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
If there is the slightest possibility that some of the # we saw go down in Libya and Iraq following the regime changes there might increase the risk of potential future attacks on western powers by newly armed and empowered jihadists, I personally think it makes a whole lot of sense for the CIA, SAS etc to be training at least some potential friendlies in the new regimes.

This what you like about the powers that be, if there is a possibility that Assads WMD are going to fall into the hands of rebels, I for one would prefer that the rebels that acquire them can be trusted to keep them safe rather than some of the black flag brigades that are operating on the ground there at the moment who I suspect would waste no time in putting them to use on a global scale.

AQ is in disarray at the moment, and there is a vacuum in it's leadership, thanks to drone attacks and other strategies. If bin laden had access to some of the nasty stuff that we know Assad has in his arsenal, 20 years ago, chances are he wouldn't have had to resort to launching a war against the US with box cutters and passengers airliners.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
They're training them, but also the CIA is busy building a target list for drone strikes against them.

We're arming them, aiding them, and officially have recognized them as the legitimate representatives of the Syrian people and NOW planning to kill them in future strikes?

articles.latimes.com...

The CIA uses them, and when the time comes, they will become the enemy... Again.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Basically the US Govt. runs al qaeda....AL CIAduh.

It's so out in the open now....so in your face!

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

That may have had some elements of truth to it, more than 10 years ago. Al Qaeda isn't under any control today, it has no real central leadership, it's clandestine and often elusive affiliates are difficult to pin down.

It is anything but run by the U.S. government today.. That is why they are planning drone strikes to kill militants in Syria now, the same militants that have joined the fight to overthrow the Assad regime.

Ultimately Al Qaeda isn't as dangerous as a more elusive, smaller group of Shiites that have a grand plan to unite all muslims eventually in war with the "great Satan" and Israel...

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ausername

. . . and Israel...
Oh, you mean the Little Satan . . right?
You forgot to add that part.
I think your post reflects a certain type of paranoia.
The "little satan" part comes from the mentality that would sanction wiping out an entire "Islamic Republic" (which it declares 'evil') while touting the 'goodness' of a so-called "Jewish State".

edit on 24-3-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
CIA = Central Idiot Agency

Slogan: #ing the world up since after WW2.

War criminality at it's finest...but wait they are the good guys

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ausername

Originally posted by Signals

That may have had some elements of truth to it, more than 10 years ago. Al Qaeda isn't under any control today, it has no real central leadership, it's clandestine and often elusive affiliates are difficult to pin down.

It is anything but run by the U.S. government today.. That is why they are planning drone strikes to kill militants in Syria now, the same militants that have joined the fight to overthrow the Assad regime.

Ultimately Al Qaeda isn't as dangerous as a more elusive, smaller group of Shiites that have a grand plan to unite all muslims eventually in war with the "great Satan" and Israel...

Let's get this straight. Al-Qaeda is a creation of the CIA. Initially Al-Qaeda was the name for a database of mercenaries willing to do anything and kill anyone for a quick Buck!

These same mercenaries are currently in Syria fighting a Western Government Proxy War and killing the Syrian population. The FSA Terrorists are part of that Al-Qaeda database. And one thing that database does not do. It does not represent Muslims. Why would it when it is killing Muslims. 'Yes we will be united after I kill you' . Hmmm Ok.

They kill for money. And the Zionist regime that controls the puppets in America are the ones that control it. Domination and control, Divide and Conquer and all that.

The Al-Qaeda database is still under control by the Zionists and the Zionist puppets in America. And as far as 9/11 goes OBL & AQ and or Muslims had nothing to do to do with that operation. People should look closer to the White House and the Cocaine Import Agency for details on that one!

I'm Scottish and I work in Algeria. Muslims here are great. They know what is really happening in the world and why and laugh at Westerners that do not. I agree. Only thing I don't agree with is their religion. But that is neither here nor there as I am Athiest!!

The name Al-Qaeda is what is used to justify the Western Governments mass killings and invasions.......Just the name!

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

The Al-Qaeda database is still under control by the Zionists and the Zionist puppets in America.
Notice how the worst of the terrorists are camped out right up against Israeli occupied Golan Heights.

btw: Israel has been for decades in an official state of war against Syria.
edit on 24-3-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Well this is an interesting turn of events.
rt.com...
Syrian opposition leader resigns

The head of the West-backed opposition group has stepped down amid high tension in the coalition. He said in a statement he is resigning “to be able to work with freedom that cannot be available within the official institutions.”

“I had promised the great Syrian people and promised God that I would resign if matters reached some red lines. Now I am fulfilling my promise,” the statement on Khatib’s Facebook page says.

Surely the CIA wouldn't have anything to do with this.
Freedom that cannot be available within "official" institutions... haha can it be more obvious.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Israeli Zionists are in a state of war with anyone who is not Zionist or not Zionist puppet. Even the Jews in Israel oppose the Zionists Regime!

Zionists are the scourge of Humanity. They especially hate Muslims......

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
So many idiots in this thread who don't understand the history of Syria or the ethnic cleansing that went on there.

Not everything is a coup d'etat by the US. I am not pro-America by any means but I believe this revolt genuinely rose up from the people. I think now though that the West are taking advantage of course, but remember, we Brits were allies with Assad in the 80s back when he was listed as a terrorist by the US...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join