It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Shoots Horse Dead in Video to Defy Animal Activists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I haven't watched the video, I have no desire to see any animal in the throes of death.

I have to say though that (from the description) at least he killed it swiftly and didn't torture it to death. But the fact that he filmed what he did, and the angry 'animal activists f*** you!' remark, his intent is to offend people.

Thing is, now he has made his angry, offensive point so public, he has probably made himself the target of harassment from animal activist groups for the rest of his life.

I wouldn't want to be in his boots after this.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

hope he can run like a horse.

his name and address have been posted all over the internet.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
What is all this about "he only did it out of cruelty" stuff?

I'd like to know where and how you got your information! I'm having trouble finding it, so it woudl be helpful to let us know where it is.

Horses are worth money, and people who own horses are not likely to kill them just to be known on the internet.
From the way the guy handled the horse, he is experienced with horses, and is/was probably an owner.

That horse was young, but the chances are that it had to be put down for a reason, and he just took advantage of the moment to make his statement at the same time. It may have had HYPP or another genetic disease. Horses born with those type of mutations should be put down. Not only for themselves, to avoid the degenerative effects and suffering, but to avoid them breeding and reproducing, spreading this disease wider.

Less conscientious people simply sell their diseased colts to unknowing parties, who do not test, (backyard owners) and that breed them. If such horses end up in circulation is hurts many.

What's with the cruelty stuff?

Did you not read the Op's original story.

Tim Sappington, an employee at the Valley Meat Company out of Roswell, NM posted a video on youtube of him bringing out a horse and saying "To all you animal activists, !**# you" and proceeds to shoot the horse in the head

Where does that say he put down a suffering animal?
edit on 23/3/2013 by stevcolx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

That is a description of the video. It gives no information about the horse or the situation beyond where this man works.

Where do you see the information on the animal and it's state of being and health??

(I made no claim this is a suffering animal, either. I said I do not know it's state, and some conditions, such as genetic disease, require euthanasia before any physical symptoms appear, so I cannot judge by simply observign the video)
edit on 23-3-2013 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

So the fact that he did this at home in his own time, hauled the horse out, said F**k you Activists on camera and shot it in head makes you not think he did it maliciously?

Funny, I've never heard a vet put down an animal like that either. Any animals I've had to put down the vet comes out, makes the animal comfortable, injects to make it fall asleep then die in peace.

There no shouting obscenities and no filming for youtube.

Is it just me or does what he did look like showing off cruelty to p*ss animal lovers off?

Or maybe I'm wrong. Maybe in NM that's how they put animals down!!

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

So, for people who want horse meat... Whats wrong with what the guy did? For the rest of us ....

I eat meat, and have eaten horse meat, there is a price to pay for that I fully understand it even if I do not like the industrialization of death to a point it could be better handled and in general is an improvement of past practices. Having said that what the dude seems to have done is a gesture, and a wrong gesture, first in the wrong context and with the wrong reason behind the action. I even doubt that the meat of that horse can be processed for human consumption now, due to how bureaucratic the process must be to make sure of food safety.

Since it was done outside of a proper context I would feel pretty well if he got processed for cruelty toward an animal. Shooting a horse would be fine if it was in pain of ready for processing, I have not seen the video (registration required) but in that context the killing could have gone badly and extended the animal pain and stress...

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

Oh deary, deary me. Animal activist groups are a fierce, cunning crowd, not to be underestimated.

Badd move cowboy.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

I don't think his actions are motivated by any malice towards the horse.

I percieve the "# you" was towards HUMANS he is mad at, not the horse.

If he had to put the horse down for other reasons already, then he could have just said, "Since I have to do this, I might as well make a statement at the same time and film it to show those PETA #ers what they are forcing me to do!"

-Because there is another side to the business of slaughtering plants-
Many people don't exactly enjoy doign euthanasia themselves on animals they have emotional bonds with.
If it has to be done, many would prefer it be done out of their sight, by someone else, and with the confidence that the methods are rigorously controlled to be humane.

Everyone reacts differently to their emotional distress- some people would cry uncontrollably at having to shoot their horse, others tend to get mad instead.

You know the type, instead of crying, they go looking for some ass to kick instead?

The fact that the man expresses anger towards a group of people while he does this is not proof that he would not have killed that horse if he didn't have those sentiments.

(I noticed the way he turned and looked off to the side when he took out his gun- that was the body language of someone about to do something that they hate doing)

Your comment about the vet is irrelevant, as far as I can see. I had to put a horse down and chose to have it done by a vet. It was not as quick and painless as that bullet was, and I had to be there and watch and hold my Blue as he died. He was young too. I don't believe he gave a flying # what the vet said- he didn't speak human language. What was relevant to him is how quickly and painlessly his death could have been.

I would not make the same choice today if I had to put down my current horse partner.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I am pretty sure that horse was going to be put down regardless of whether it was filmed or not. The guy took the opportunity to make a point and I think he has succeeded at it.

As far as peta bangers coming looking for payback well I am sure he has more bullets. So they do so at their own peril.

If the story had the info as to what was done with the carcass afterword’s or what health the animal was in prior to being put down then I could have a more informed opinion on the matter however as the story stands we are only getting a small part of the story writen to invoke a specific response.

I have worked on ranches before and it is my opinion that the animal was going to be put down regardless and he used this as an opportunity to send a message.

BTW I am not bothered by horses being used for meat I have traveled all over the world and eaten quite a few critters I fully embrace my carnivorous side.

edit on 23-3-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

well, I would say you would need to be careful if you were to approach his house intent on harm, he seems to be able to handle a weapon.....

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Credenceskynyrd

well, I would say you would need to be careful if you were to approach his house intent on harm, he seems to be able to handle a weapon.....

I doubt they'll be driving up and politely go knock at his front door. They might go and 'rescue' his other animals if he has any.

He most likely won't know they're there until they've been and gone.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I support the right for horses to bear arm. Let's arm bears too.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I'm ashamed at all of you who came on here ranting and raving about one man killing one horse while every second thousands of men women and children are slaughtered everyday in senseless violence and war. Where are all your sympathetic post and outcry for them? If all of you animals rights people give even a fraction of the compassion towards your fellow humans the world would be a better place.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by GuidedKill
I'm ashamed at all of you who came on here ranting and raving about one man killing one horse while every second thousands of men women and children are slaughtered everyday in senseless violence and war. Where are all your sympathetic post and outcry for them? If all of you animals rights people give even a fraction of the compassion towards your fellow humans the world would be a better place.

Granted. That is very true. Our Governments are slaughtering innocent people everyday. I agree with you.

But that is not the discussion. Neither is how animals are killed humanely.

The fact is this guy killed a defenseless animal in cold blood just to 'give' it to the activists. People like that are twisted in my view. If the horse was ill or suffering we have no idea. But it doesn't look good for him to stick the knife in to people that just want what's best for our fellow creatures.

If everyone all thought and acted like that guy there would be death and murder of people and animals worldwide. The Governments are slaughtering enough people and animals for no reason other than their own sick domination games.

But what that sicko did was wrong. I wouldn't be at all surprised if somebody takes a pop at him. If that happens then so be it.
edit on 23/3/2013 by stevcolx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
That guy should be locked up...

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll

Originally posted by Credenceskynyrd

I doubt they'll be driving up and politely go knock at his front door. They might go and 'rescue' his other animals if he has any.

He most likely won't know they're there until they've been and gone.

who knows how it might play out.......

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
He's heading strait to you know where. No detour. He can sleep at night? Keep tabs on that one.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Why is everyone making a big deal of a guy killing a horse? We do it every day with thousands of chickens cows lambs you name it. We are the top of the food chain everything below is fair game. If you are not the one eating you are the eaten...

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenGlassDoor
Reply to post by muse7

Murdering a person over killing a horse that he owned? A horse life is worth a persons? More loony liberal logic to come, I am sure.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I didnt watch the video and wont.

Many conservatives & liberals alike are and should be disgusted by what that "boy" did!

He thought those who saw the disgusting video of him mecilessly shooting a horse in the head for no reason whatsoever, would be impressed with his self-perceived manliness. Instead, they saw a coward and weak little man with no compassion whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by GuidedKill

There are many threads on here regarding the innocent victims of war - it is in those threads you will find sympathetic posts and outcry for them.

However, this thread is about a vindictive angry man who executed a young animal in front of a camera, for no other reason than to cause distress and offence to others - which is why you won't find any posts regarding the suffering of innocent war victims here.

We're all on topic in this thread, it is you who isn't.
edit on 23-3-2013 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join