It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea threatens to attack US bases in Okinawa, Guam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Looks like things are heating up again. Lil Kim is making more threats,
except this time to attack.
Lets hope this blows over and lil kim get's his fix of sugar for the day, sadly
from all i have seen, i dont see a way out of this without war of some kind.
many keep saying, same old saber ratteling as always, but this time i think its
going to be diffrent. He is not backing down, and i think a war is the only way
this is going to end. Although it may be a short war.

But it may be a good thing to go in and kick lil kim's butt and put new people in power,
with all the starving people in NK at least they would have a chance to live a normal life.

rt.com...

North Korea has threatened to target US airbases in Okinawa and Guam as it issued an air raid alert on Thursday and ordered its military to stand ready, the country’s state media reported. "The United States is advised not to forget that our precision target tools have within their range the Anderson Air Force base on Guam where the B-52 takes off, as well as the Japanese mainland where nuclear powered submarines are deployed and the navy bases on Okinawa," the North Korean command spokesman was quoted as saying by KCNA news agency. The threats came as a response to the use of nuclear-armed US B-52 bombers in joint war games South Korea held with the US. "We cannot tolerate the US carrying out nuclear strike drills, setting us as targets, and advertising them as strong warning messages," the spokesman said.

P.S. hope this is in the right place mod's. searched and did not find anything on this new threat

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

On Monday, the US said that every military resource at its disposal, including its nuclear arsenal, would be available to South Korea in the event of a confrontation with the North.

Looks like the U.S. is taking it a bit seriously

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

I was just thinking, what if they said they were going to bomb guam, but instead bombed fukishima. Or worse bombed both
....that would be the biggest move ever why send missiles when you can just poison us all to death....scary thought. Its probably a good thing they don't think the way I do.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LemaEcho

I was just thinking, what if they said they were going to bomb guam, but instead bombed fukishima. Or worse bombed both
....that would be the biggest move ever why send missiles when you can just poison us all to death....scary thought. Its probably a good thing they don't think the way I do.

Hadn't thought about that possibility....that would be bad...talk about a tiny country making a big impact globally.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Yea, not to mention they don't like japan either. and they wouldn't even have to send a nuke, just a bomb big enough to topple the already broke down plant....

Plus it would be a huge fail if US military hadn't already thought of that....HUGE FAIL! Let us hope they are smarter than that.
edit on 21-3-2013 by LemaEcho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Vasa Croe

Yea, not to mention they don't like japan either. and they wouldn't even have to send a nuke, just a bomb big enough to topple the already broke down plant....

Plus it would be a huge fail if US military hadn't already thought of that....HUGE FAIL! Let us hope they are smarter than that.
edit on 21-3-2013 by LemaEcho because: (no reason given)

I am sure if they weren't they are now that the threat has been made. Hopefully they already had plans in place in case this came up.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The distance from PyongYang to either Okinawa or Fukushima is almost identical so essentially they could hit either target. I would not put this past them either...trying to make a very big statement with one missile and highly doubt Fukushima is very well protected.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I haven't really kept up with the whole beating of the chest by n Korea...but I have seen a lot of posts and news articles about it..Im almost getting sick of this guy..someone needs a good smack down..it do him good to get an ol' pants down butt whoppin' in public
Chunky little Sh!t..sorry--

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
I haven't really kept up with the whole beating of the chest by n Korea...but I have seen a lot of posts and news articles about it..Im almost getting sick of this guy..someone needs a good smack down..it do him good to get an ol' pants down butt whoppin' in public
Chunky little Sh!t..sorry--

I was thinking maybe the peoples elbow

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LemaEcho

wow, now there is a scary thought, as much trouble as fukishima is in,
if it was bombed, man that is a very scary idea.

go away you bad person you scare me. *LOL*...

i would hope no one would be that crazy, but with lil kim, sadly i would not take anything
off the table.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Tis a very scary thought, kinda surprised that no one else has thought of it out of the endless threads about NK, but yea if they wanted to make a BIG move, and I say BIG because the global implications are staggering that would be one of them. Hopefully they aren't that ballsy and STUPID!....

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Ironically it would bring the world together to bomb the hell out of N Korea if they did that. Even China and Russia would be horrified at such an act.
World Leaders would be falling over themselves in the UN to vote a UN task force to go into North Korea.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Is this after he failed to nuke the US the other week?

seriously?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Well, if they did not know before. then now they know...
edit on 21-3-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Ooooops.....well since the CIA moniters this site anyways then they know too

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
It would be a smart move on their part, assuming they had the aircraft, missiles and well trained pilots to pull it off. Which I kind of doubt.

You take out Anderson Air Base in Guam, you eliminate the bulk of our bomber fleet in the area. B-52s, B-2 Stealth Bombers, and B-1 Lancers.

You hit Kadena Air Base in Okinawa, you take out a good portion of the land based fighters and interceptors we keep in close proximity to Korea. Primarily the F-22 and F-15.

You eliminate the other bases in Okinawa, you are pretty much eliminating the entire Marine force in the region.

But these bases are too wide spread and too heavily defended for any chance of success on North Korea's part. It is very unlikely they would even be able to inflict a single casualty.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Norks gonna bomb our bases?

Big deal. We have the target coordinates for their magical unicorn lair. We'll light them up for payback.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Here's a good link to check out. North Korean propaganda:

www.youtube.com...

I'm so pissed. My tent is nowhere close to that nice. And I'm out of snow. I'm still waiting for my heroin and NORK Aid package. I am out of people to shoot at. Please send me plastic cups and birds.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by allenidaho
You hit Kadena Air Base in Okinawa, you take out a good portion of the land based fighters and interceptors we keep in close proximity to Korea. Primarily the F-22 and F-15.

The only F-22s on Kadena are any deployed there from the US. Kadena is home to the 44th and 67th fighter squadrons, both of which fly the F-15. All the F-22s are stationed in Virginia, Florida, California, Alaska, New Mexico, and Hawaii.

As for Anderson, there are 2 B-2s, a group of B-52s, but I'm not sure if there are any B-1s currently there. They rotate through, usually the B-52s, or the B-1s are there, but not both lately. The 2 B-2s that went out are the first two since the accidents they had in 2008 that cost them one bomber, and almost cost them another.
edit on 3/24/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

You'd think so, but they always have more planes than they say, and in different places. I remember the start of the Gulf War, when we were only supposed to have a few F-117s, and I was on the phone with my father who was looking at a line of 20 of them, somewhere in the Middle East I won't disclose. (Yeah, he always sucked at OPSEC).

As for missile attacks on US bases...four letters....BMDS. Good luck with that Lil' Kim...

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

True, but with F-22 deployments it seems to be harder to hide them. Even the non-publicized replacement unit in Dubai, that went through Lajes to avoid notice was seen deploying.

top topics

join