It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Accept The Mark Of The Beast?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Let's say the rapture happens, the church has left the world, and society is in chaos due to the catastrophic remnants of people vanishing (planes crashing, motor vehicle accidents, nuclear plant workers, whatever)

Would you get the mark to function in society? Or would you give your head for eternal life?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Well if the rapture actually happens we are going to know its real.

So I would look at the guy asking me if I'll accept the mark of the beast, politely say no, then proceed to slap him silly until he shoots me dead on the spot.

Then I don't have to worry about suffering through the tribulation.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I am a non believer now but having said that..
If all that came to pass it would prove to me that the Bible was most likely true and I have been wrong all my life.

With so much evidence of the Bible being true I would have to believe.

Once I did believe there is no way I would take it. I am too stubborn for my own good sometimes but would rather die than take the mark if I believed that it would damn me.

But until something happens to convince me otherwise I can't believe.... or haven't been able to so far.

link   
I'd give my head for eternal life...

Sorry though you might have already been marked...Source

It is highly unlikely that you were validly baptized after the Vatican II Council (1959-1969), when 32,000 Priests left the Catholic Church in the greatest exodus since the Reformation. The baptisms that have been performed since then, using the Novus Ordo (New Order) Rite, are actually the mysterious "Mark of the Beast." They are initiations into Freemasonry, and you and your children are probably marked in the name of the one who is coming, the anti-Christ. This is the purpose of John's Baptism, to clear Christ and all Catholics out of the way for the anti-Christ. This is why he is listed as the patron "saint" of Freemasonry. Now you know.

link   
reply to post by ApokalypsisRising

You know that... the only thing you said that didnt happen yet is the church leaving the world right?

Society is in chaos, there are planes crashing, traffic accidents, nuclear power plant workers dying etc... the only thing thats missing is... wait...

hmmmm...

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I've actually studied the topic of the rapture in some detail as it pertains to different generations. Every single generation from the time of Christ's execution believed they were living in the final days.

You can pick any decade and there is documentation of people claiming this or that is a sign that they were living in the end times.

In my opinion, 2000+ years is not even a drop in the bucket of time in Gods view so when people point to certain signs that today is it I just sort of chuckle to myself. For all we know, God doesn't have anything planned for the next 2 million years.

I doubt if he'd create the world just to end it in basically no time whatsoever.

link   
yes i would.

revalations is about the war against christianity, not war against humanity.
i could care less what happens to organized religions. that fear mongering is for the faithful.

the fact that there is no bartering in modern society means we are already using "a" mark of the beast anyways.
edit on 18-3-2013 by Bisman because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Hopechest

I love compliance via religious ignorance.

Hopechest - go get me a beer...now.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ApokalypsisRising
Would you get the mark to function in society?

I've been looking for such a thing all my life. If he (the beast) could just toss me the keys to a successful relationship and hook me up with some gainful employment while he's at it, I suppose I might be tempted.

Or, I could just stay on course and barely be a functional part of society

edit on 18-3-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I actually think things would be quite peaceful once all those Christians got gone off this planet.

Mark of the Beast? Sure! Hellz yeah.

Would you guys just hurry up with your rapture thingey already?
I'm ready to loot off with some former Christian schwag.

2.1 Billion Christians on this planet right now? That's alot of nifty schwifty real estate vacancies, with stuff just laying around for the getting got.

Look for the Crosses and religious paraphernalia in yards and displayed in windows all me looting hearties!
Rawr!

Rapture will be a friggin HOLIDAY to be celebrated with dancing in the streets!

You can have your Heaven and your god and all that goes with it.
Heaven sounds like total rubbish with all the worshipping and subservience and singing and other deific gratification fluffer job nonsense.

Besides that, once Christians are gone, there's no requirement for any of the trappings of their mythology any more, so, all that mark of the beast nonsense scare tactic rubbish will be null and void. It'll likely be pretty darned peaceful without them running around telling everyone they're going to hell, finger pointing, and constantly injecting their religious nonsense into anything and everything.

The Muslims and Jews can finally have it out for an all or nothing toe to toe, and once done, the rest of us can wipe the left over Abrahamic religion descendents off the face of the earth so then there wouldn't be any Christians, Jews, or Muslims.

Now that really would be a heaven right there.
Buddists and Hindus and even some of the whacky religions could all hang out and we could all get to work on building an actual hate-free paradise.

edit on 18-3-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
I actually think things would be quite peaceful once all those Christians got gone off this planet.

unfortunealy the "rapture" isnt at all like the modern fiction that christians like to think it is. no christians will be raising into the sky to leave us. just chirstians dont read the bible so they arent aware of those details.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Are you asking me if I would give away my freedom to a bunch Cabal Globalists?

I'd probably organize a resistance and out-smart this dumb folks...

Or die happy trying...

Peace

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bisman

Eh, whatever it takes to realize a Christian-free planet; it don't matter how it happens.
They all drop dead, turn to dust, evaporate, get zapped into Jesus UFOs, simply vanish, float into the sky, burst into flames, whichever, whatever, however, it don't matter.
All the talk about loot and schwag earlier, well, they can take all that with them too if it means they're getting gone and getting gone for good.
I'll help them pack if it makes it happen all the quicker.

Is there a Jewish and a Muslim Rapture too?
It'd be sad to have them tear up valuable real estate fighting over dominance in a Christian Free world.
If all the religions descended from filthy desert nomads were to poof at once, that'd be like the bestest thing ever.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by Hopechest

I love compliance via religious ignorance.

Hopechest - go get me a beer...now.

Beer. $ 6.66 a six pack.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I would take the mark but cross my fingers and pray in my head to God and let him know I still believe in him but I still gotta eat...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

If a rapture were to really happen, I would think those of good heart would go regardless of religion. Since most christians are hypocrites and only christian in name, not action, 2.1 billion of them surely wont be going.

Sorry, youll still have to deal with about 99% of them
Probably all the ones you dont like dealing with now

edit on 3/19/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

In which case I get to laugh at them uproariously rolling around holding my aching sides and tummy the hilarity of it would be so great.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
It seems that Revelations 13:16-17 speaks about people getting one of three "marks." There is the mark of the beast, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Also interesting is the position of the mark, placed either on the forehead or
on the hand. Why two locations? Does this mean people have a choice in where they receive the mark?

Perhaps it indicates a separator-of-people type program is in effect, where highly honored
people receive a mark on the forehead and perhaps other malcontents can get by with just a mark on their
hand.

This may be how many deceive themselves into taking the mark. They may think to themselves: "I don't have to believe that he (antichrist) is God. I'll take the "lesser" mark for those people who just want to be able to earn money and provide for their family."

But thinking this way may be disastrous because, spiritually, the mark acts as a seal. It joins you to the fate of the antichrist and I don't see any evidence of there being any grey area.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by monkcaw

If you're American, you either REMEMBER your Social Security Number (it's in/on your head)
or, you show your Social Security Number card in your hand.

Marks need not be literal. As exampled by the Social Security Number system (which you are required to have to get a job), such a "Mark" of the "beast" may already be a reality in the USA.
lolz
All the super Christians of 'Murica gotz the Mark!

Eh. It'd be quite funny if true.
Oh noes!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join