It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are people too dumb to see what is going on in Cyprus? Another bankster implosion!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The news is a buzz with the talk about stealing money from all bank accounts in Cyprus. People are being told it is because of the new EZ bailout....... but the truth goes much deeper .....

Remember the Greek debt crisis where the banks demanded full pay for their debt? Well two Cypriot "public" banks were deep into Greek bonds... They lost there butt and 75 percent of an estimated 5.5 billion Euros .....

Many are blaming the Russian mob because they launder their money through the Cypriot banks. I don't buy it. This is the same scam the bankers have run all over the world... remember Iceland who refused to pay the illegitimate claims by corrupt bankers? Then you have Ireland who paid and is still paying for the bankers gambling and bad "private debt" which corrupt government officials signed the country onto.....

The USA is no different. The banks have structured themselves in a way that the US taxpayer picks up the tab for more than $100 Trillion dollars derivatives. What I find most amazing is that the people of the USA don't realize they are on the debt chopping block too......

Greece happened. Cypriot banks were heavily exposed to the Greek debt crisis, by virtue of having large bonds holdings of Greek debt, both public and private. The value of that debt took a nosedive, destroying the balance sheets of Cypriot banks. Cyprus Popular Bank had €3.4 billion in Greek government debt, and the Bank of Cyprus €2.4 billion; they ended up losing €2.5 billion and €1 billion, respectively.

When Greek government debt was written down as part of a deal in 2011, that wiped out a lot of the remaining value of Greek debt. Popular Bank lost 76 percent of the value of their Greek bond holdings in the deal.

How did the banks deal with losing all that money?

They didn’t, and, fearing the worst, the Cypriot government nationalized Popular Bank. The Bank of Cyprus requested assistance too

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Some questions I would like answered....

Bank Records - Who had FOREKNOWLEDGE and got their money out (Bankers, Politicians, Social Elite??)

Prosecute them if they did.

Next, Russians... from what I hear up to 40% of deposits are or were Russian based... and allot of "alleged" Russian Mob money...

I sure as hell wouldn't be responsible for confiscating a bunch of Russian Mob / Ex-KGB money, it is not a healthy thing to do.
edit on 18-3-2013 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

Your thread title just about sums up the implications of this messed up of a situation this is...

Are people really wanting "Fox" news to tell them how messed up this all is???

Trillion dollars in debt and massive spendings on defense, foreign aid and Homeland security , is enough of a slap in the face to wake someone up from this illusion of lies.

Wake up!!!
edit on 18-3-2013 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
So the point being with fractional reserve banking, EVERY freaking bank is over leveraged....bar none!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
When I first heard about this I did think that it might be a test case for the negative interest rate idea to help stabilize the economy. But then it might just be the EU trying to raise some tax.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
European ministers held off the Greek bailout from June last year, crippling the country. They used this as leverage to coerce all EU members of parliament to agree to give the European Central Bank complete control of all central banks within the eurozone.

This control was handed over to the European Central Bank late in 2012, and now the power hungry NWO puppets have a mandate to do whatever they want with any form of bank asset in the Eurozone.

There are claims that this will not happen again, in any other country, and there are also others that see this as a green light.

We shall have to wait and see the outcome.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

It would be funny if it weren't so tragic.

Germany forces the banks who have bought greek debt to take a big loss,

Then bankrupts or robs the country as a "solution" to the problem.

top topics

join