It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Design your own religion. What would it be like? How many Gods should it have?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
If you made your own religion what would it be? I mean you have free choice to design any religion. I suppose there has to be at least one God. You could choose more than one. Would you have commandments? Or perhaps better instead of commandments them how about goals?

God how many? I think having one is a bad idea as people have no choice within the religion who they want to worship. With a few Gods people may find themselves gravitating to one or another. Instead of a long list of don't I would have a short list of do's.

Do be nice to people at least some of the day.
Do something which you like: and which harms no one: everyday.
Do try to take some exercise and look after yourself physically and mentally.

I could have one don't.
Do not force your opinions on other people.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This is a loaded question. Being an atheist I extremely dislike religion. Wishing people were more skeptical and influenced by reason and common sense. But I'll see how I'll create my own religion. I would have one godlike figure that did not have a gender. Bot sexes can create their own image and characters of the god I'll create. That way I could see how their ideas and desires shape how the god I created can be seen in many different points of view. We could come together as a strong community too. There is nothing else I could think of at the moment. Hopefully this doesn't sound stupid.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I would want people to worship me as their one and only God.

Do as I say, not as I do.

Do unto others before they do unto me.

And I want disciples to do my bidding even if they know it's wrong...or else!

Wait a minute...Damn, I'm Obama!

Obamanism?

Peace

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
No gods.

Just a load of dudes with free will, and see how long it takes them to kill themselves over their own made up gods.

I bet that's what god did. Sat back and said to his pals in heaven "Check it out guys, they go mental in a few thousand years.. phwaaaor there they go, look at 'em go!!"

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by werewolf99

I'd make my religion pretty simple, be kind to others blah blah. Instead of there being no gods, how about everyone is considered a god. I wonder how that would work with people...

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Jesus, only he'd be the right color.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

The foundation of my religion would have many layers.

Worship the earth and all creatures great and small. To the point where burying nuclear waste would be considered pure evil, along with polluting the water and air.

To hold onto and spread beliefs that have no verifiable evidence would be a sin.

To remain uninformed, uneducated, and just plain stupid would be a sin against family and society.

To hate others because of the color of their skin, their gender, or their age would be punishable by death - the spread of this type of ignorance should be considered a cancer upon mankind and must be cut out.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
1. All religions are false and must be destroyed at all costs.
2. All who refuse to convert are damned and must be cleansed with their belief.
3. Upon completion of 1 and 2, consider that this is also a religion.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
How about this for a religion. God hides and acts as a person and you will not guess who it. There are angels you will not know who they are too as they hide as people.

I think this would help the entire human race do as they should.

top topics

join