It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Creature Swims Past International Space Station? 2013 1080p Available

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Hmm...I don't know. I'm leaning towards hoax. But, wouldn't it be so cool if it were real? I mean, something that could "swim" through space?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

i see a squid with fins on the side....i went to Hawaii last year and saw a cuddle fish underwater (kinda like a squid) and its very similar to this creature, see its shape and fins moving on either side....

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I'm with most others, whats 'it' going to paddle through? The act of paddling would infer there was something that could cause traction in the swimming motion.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
so .to be hoaxed..the original footage might be around available to download..

Good point.

The originator of the video seems to have covered up the actual date/time of the alleged video, and that suggests an intention to deceive.

Whatever this is -- watching for anomalies is a good thing and an important role for outside enthusiasts, because once and awhile such visual anomalies have been -- or COULD have been if spotted in time -- critical clues to vehicle malfunctions and threats to the mission and the crewmembers' lives.

Based on my own experience in Mission Control, I try to provide some background to this generic type of video in my "99 FAQs About 'Space UFOs'" on my home page.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

true..

i think its better if we all focus on getting the original video from NASA rather then figuring out anything else..

so i may say.."Let the hunt for the original video begins!!!!"

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Well, it's a youtube video so it must be a hoax, right?

Totally bizzare:

Description:

Published on Mar 15, 2013

Incredible footage of a translucent type entity caught briefly on NASA's live stream of the International Space Station. The footage cuts off due to NASA pulling the plug on the transmission and replacing it with the infamous static bar screen. If this is genuine footage then it proves yet again that NASA have failed to inform the people of the world that life exists outside planet Earth, albeit in this case, a possible proteus life form or invertebrate. Footage submitted via my website by Henry Grantham.

Righto. Space bug on the camera lens. Swimming dust. Space mites. Swamp gas rolled up into a ball and turned into a Chinese lantern. CGI. Hell if I know. Posted cause it's interesting, so don't shoot the fricken messenger.

looks like a goldfish recorded in a bowl. how would fins help this thing move through space? why does the clip stop before it "swims" out of view? why don't we see it until it disappears? did it return to the other side of the bowl and that would have given it away? I am suspicious of the makers who must really want us to subscribe by flashing their ad very annoyingly during the whole thing. it's a fake in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
we also have a clue ..

this thing..

seems to be the primary issue for the live transmission..

if we know what is called

we can look for the video for..

Item X detaching from ISS bla bla bla

where Item X is the object in question

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
edit on 16-3-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
It could be a hoax...

Or if it's real, it has to be something inside the space station. (Nothing to swim against in the vacuum of space.) It could be something like a fruit-fly (or another tiny insect about that size) fairly close to the camera. (Fruit fly seems likely considering experiment packages or food brought aboard.) Perhaps "swimming" instead of "flying" because it's been living in there long enough to adapt to the microgravity environment. There likely are enough crumbs and sources of moisture floating around for it to live on, since I doubt the habitation environment is perfectly clean.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

That my friends is a fake.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Why is everything a hoax to some ppl? If its too good to be true it must be a hoax, because you can't process what yo are seeing, your first reaction is the casually claim things as hoaxes...lets analyze this stuff first before we label stuff a hoax...jeez

Did a google search "swimming through space" and this article popped...I never heard of the site before so idk.

www.science20.com...

An article in the latest (August 2009) edition of Scientific American describes an astronaut floating motionless with respect to his distant spaceship. He is not tethered to the spaceship and has no objects available that can be hurled away or can in some other way create a thrust. How is he ever going to make it back to his spaceship?

Well, think again. MIT professor Jack Wisdom did demonstrate in a paper published in 2003 in Science that it is possible to translate a deformable body solely by applying internal forces.

As elaborated in the Scientific American article, key to this swimming in empty space is the fact that the concept of center-of-mass is ill-defined in non-Euclidean space. Non-Euclidean space swimming is geometric in nature and entirely determined by the sequence of shapes assumed. In several ways this swimming is similar to the mechanism by which a cat falling upside-down rotates itself during free fall. Physicists refer to geometric phases to describe these effects.

Einstein's theory on spacetime curvature is now almost a century old. Only since a few years are we aware that his theory allows for spacetime swimming. The fact that this possibility remained unnoticed for such a long period makes us realize that we are still wrestling to understand all the consequences of Einstein's rich theories, and that we better be ready for a few more surprises at the horizon.

It kinda does look like she's under water...whose to say something organic in space can't move like that, if its in its own environment?

edit on 16-3-2013 by beatbox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by pauljs75

From the article

Distant stars and planets bend spacetime and create a non-Euclidean geometry. Would one measure the sum of the angles of a giant triangle formed in space, these angles would not add up to 180 degress as Euclidean geometry stipulates. It is precisely this deviation from the flat Euclidean geometry that enables swimming through a vacuum.

And read some of the comments...very interesting..

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Considering they recently sent up fish (medaka fish, to be specific) to the space station for studying, and the more I look at that video, the more it looks like a top view a fish (you can see the fins and I believe the tail isn't fully visible due to lighting, etc), I gotta go with medaka fish reflection. Found this interesting video - looks very similar...

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
It's a minoch chewing on the power cables.

If that video is real and that is the ISS then WOW! Mind blowing!

Ever since the "tether incident" I have thought that there might be critters floating in space. I think perhaps the universe it self may be organic in nature.

Thanks for sharing OP

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

"Let the hunt for the original video begins!!!!"

ADG say this is taken from NASA's live stream of the International Space Station , If so trying to find the original may be impossible as it probably hasn't been uploaded ....Of course what ADG says isn't necessarily true but It makes sense if you think about it , record a bit of streamed video then add your UFO .... No trail to follow as the original is lost in time .

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Well, what ever this creature is, it sure has a perfectly round head.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Looks like a sea angel to me. A zoo-plankton.

edit on 16-3-2013 by LittleEskimo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by heineken

Of course what ADG says isn't necessarily true but It makes sense if you think about it , record a bit of streamed video then add your UFO .... No trail to follow as the original is lost in time .

Which we could discern if they supplied the original video and recording method ...

Assuming the story didn't start with ... 'so as soon as I downloaded it, I accidentally opened it in an adobe product' ... there is a lot that would be explained by having access to the original vid. The story is 'someone' sent it to the person though ...

Ultimately, whole debate is just adding youtube hits to a person that could find answers if they genuinely wanted them. They probably don't.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Did more digging and came across this....

So, I'm not marinologist, but your alien looks like Clione limacina - common name Naked Sea Butterfly or Common Clione, is a sea angel found from the surface to greater than 500 m in depth. [link to en.wikipedia.org] So now there are two options: 1) Video is hoax 2) ISS is under the water Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31502749 Than you. Excellent find. I was trying to find the species as well, but you nailed it. This is it. 100% match. To morons who don't understand : space is a material (not energetic) vacuum and at ISS orbital altitude things have net zero gravity forces acting on them. You can't move around by moving your flippers. The thing is a water-based lifeform that has been composited on top of the ISS feed (masking was done pretty well). Case solved people.

www.godlikeproductions.com...

So I don't know anymore...smh

edit on 16-3-2013 by beatbox because: (no reason given)[/edit
extra DIV

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join