It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unhappy meal: McDonald's suit claims toddler ate used condom

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

It's a story that leaves a bad taste in your mouth: A Chicago mother filed a lawsuit on Wednesday against McDonald's, alleging that her toddler found and ate a used condom in a play area last year.

According to the complaint, 2-year-old Jacquel "picked up a used condom that was on the floor.” Then, “shortly thereafter… coughed up a piece of the used condom."

Now the boy's mother, Anishi Spencer, wants the burger chain to cough up $50,000 plus in legal fees.

Jacquel, who is now 3, "has suffered severe and permanent injuries, both physical and psychological, as well as pain and discomfort," the suit said. "He will become liable for sums of money for continued medical care throughout his life." The complaint made the same statement about Jacquel's 4-year-old brother Jonathan, who also handled the condom.

Haltek said the incident was still under investigation when the lawsuit was filed and that Spencer hadn't turned over the "alleged object" for McDonald's to examine.

www.nbcnews.com...

Yet another suit McDonald is involved in. I find it odd that the mother waited so long to file a lawsuit. I don't know if this is true or just another "get rich quick" scheme, but it is quite disgusting. If it turns out to be true, this is one of the worst lawsuits I have heard of and will be traumatizing for the child, however, if this is not true, this could turn out to be very traumatizing on the child for the rest of their lives. Either way, I feel bad for this child.
edit on 15-3-2013 by Catalyst317 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Catalyst317

I call bull on this story..another person trying to make a buck..

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco

I call bull on this story..another person trying to make a buck..

Bull or not, do you think McDonalds will settle out of court just to make this disappear? If they don't, this makes for an embarrassing public story, if the do, how many others will file bogus lawsuits... IMO, they are screwed either way..

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I wouldn't give this money grabbing female dog a penny. If I was McDonalds I would tie her up in a legal battle for decades.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
IM also calling b/s why would there be one in the playscape, used nonetheless, maybe some employees after work having fun, or if it were an outdoor play are this would make sense, some teens trying to live on the edge knockin boots in there and leave the old glove behind i dont know though it doesnt seem real, just like the finger in the wendys chili

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I do not doubt this could happened. Not one bit.

I once worked at a McDonalds in Muskogee OK years ago as an evening/closing maintainence man. My first day I had to clean the Playhouse, ie crawl through the tubes, wiping everything down, cleaning windows etc.. When i got into the ball pit, I noticed that a lot of the balls were grimy, so i started to remove them to so they could be washed. I still get shivers thinking of what was in the bottom of that bin...syringes with needles, condoms, rotting food, feces, urine, underwear...it was so gross. I reported this to the shift leader, whereupon i was told to just clean it out, that this was actually quite common. I have never been so disgusted with anyplace as i am with McDonalds.

edit on 15-3-2013 by occrest because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Permanent physical and psychological injuries from a condom? Kids don't care if they ate a condom, it's the parents that teach them to feel bad. Ironic really. Any psychological stress/suffering the kid has from this will rest solely on the mom.

Maimed for life by a condom, that should earn you some nice bullying during your schooling years. But if you get paid it might be worth the tradeoff (kidding).

And again, "will be traumatizing for the child", only if people want to reduce and instill a victim mentality for the kid...that's what isn't going to be healthy.

Could McDonald's claim that they shouldn't have to pay because the condom was the healthiest of their offerings? Even if they won though, might not be a good long term business decision, who knows.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Yes...so traumatizing.

Does anyone here have any sort of vivid memories from when they were 2-3 years old? The farthest back I can remember is 8 years old and everything before that is nothing but a fog. My childhood was not a good one to say the least and still I remember nothing.

So I have a hard time believing this kid will be permanently traumatized over something it knows nothing about. All they know is there mom was upset with them for a few minutes and then life went on as normal.

Still, McDonalds should face some kind of repercussions if this did actually happen. Not for emotional trauma but for a disgusting health hazard violation. Blek!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I think this is traumatizing for a child because in 5 or 6 years SOMEONE will read, hear, remember this story and spread it around his school. We all know what children would do with such info. I can assure you, no one will hug him and say "awww poor little kid".... Imagine how much this child will be made fun of for the rest of his life.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by occrest
I do not doubt this could happened. Not one bit.

I once worked at a McDonalds in Muskogee OK years ago as an evening/closing maintainence man. My first day I had to clean the Playhouse, ie crawl through the tubes, wiping everything down, cleaning windows etc.. When i got into the ball pit, I noticed that a lot of the balls were grimy, so i started to remove them to so they could be washed. I still get shivers thinking of what was in the bottom of that bin...syringes with needles, condoms, rotting food, feces, urine, underwear...it was so gross. I reported this to the shift leader, whereupon i was told to just clean it out, that this was actually quite common. I have never been so disgusted with anyplace as i am with McDonalds.

edit on 15-3-2013 by occrest because: (no reason given)

As a child my mother would never let me play in the playground area. I was always so mad back then, but now I am thankful... This is disgusting. However, the fact that it was "such a horrific ordeal" the mother waited a year to file a suit is somewhat discrediting. I have no doubts this is fake. Also, my children, if they found a used condom, would not try to eat it as they would bring it to me saying "look what I found" (in a child like innocent way)...

I call shenanigans!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
So what was the mother doing while her child was eating the condom?

I would think it would take quite a while for an adult let alone a child to chew up a condom and swallow it.

Raist

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
McDonalds is BS, and if this mother would bring her toddler kids there, there's something wrong with her. McDonald's food is full of crap, and the french fries don't even START to decompose for THREE YEARS!!! Studies show that kids under the ages of 4 who eat at McDonalds (10 times a year) have lower IQs. I wouldn't say the kid deserves it, but the mother had it coming to her.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
So what was the mother doing while her child was eating the condom?

I would think it would take quite a while for an adult let alone a child to chew up a condom and swallow it.

Raist

Not sure what you are implying here... please elaborate.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3Megan3
McDonalds is BS, and if this mother would bring her toddler kids there, there's something wrong with her. McDonald's food is full of crap, and the french fries don't even START to decompose for THREE YEARS!!! Studies show that kids under the ages of 4 who eat at McDonalds (10 times a year) have lower IQs. I wouldn't say the kid deserves it, but the mother had it coming to her.

Ouch... what exactly did the mother have coming to her?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
How did the Mother determine it was used? Taste it herself?
That was bad.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
My guess is that she can file against that particular store but not the entire organization.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
3 Year old on SSI imagine how much money that will be for the parents.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikell
3 Year old on SSI imagine how much money that will be for the parents.

Are you implying that an average American would do such things? I can assure you, we are a lovemaking, non-greedy, non-biased people... Save for a few billion people...

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lothran

So you were traumatized as a kid for
not being allowed to play in the play
area at McDonalds weren't you!!! LOL

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Catalyst317
This just sounds like a get rich quick scam what mother would wait to make a claim like this ..
I hope McDonald's doesn't settle out of court and i feel they probably wont they have good attorneys for this i call this a BS story that will come to nothing..peace,sugarcookie1

top topics

<<   2 >>

join