It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think Again, The Current U.S.Trade Account Balance Ranks Lowest According To The CIA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
While the mainstream news is reporting claims that the U.S. economy is recovering,
and stocks are soaring, just a cursory glance at the real data shows an ominous
picture, one that is obscured, yet plainly visible.

This is the real picture on the U.S. economy, with The U.S. weighing in at #193,
Last in the list of nations, the data supports the growing concern that there is
no recovery, the stock market is manipulated, and a crash is in the works,
according to all of fincancial data, and accompanying events that have us all concerned.

The U.S is listed last, from 2012 data... at 193, according to the CIA Factbook.

This entry records a country's net trade in goods and services, plus net earnings from rents, interest, profits, and dividends, and net transfer payments (such as pension funds and worker remittances) to and from the rest of the world during the period specified. These figures are calculated on an exchange rate basis, i.e., not in purchasing power parity (PPP) terms

www.cia.gov...

This information can be verified with the Muni Index, which takes its figures
from the CIA factbook.

www.indexmundi.com...

A little more understanding here:
www.economicswebinstitute.org...

The stock market soars, DHS is buying lots of ammo for training,
and all will be well soon, right? However....this data speaks otherwise.

One could argue that the facts easily support the idea that the U.S. is being
dismantled in a strategic, yet covert plan...

edit on 15-3-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Correct link: CIA.

/me wonders why the CIA is collecting and reporting this information though....

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

In order to have a one world gov't and currency - they need to bring the standard of living of the americans down - because there is no way to bring the standard of living up in the rest of the world.

Their one, last, big bit of destruction to the americans "lifestyle" is disarming us - that's why their pushing it soooo hard. They need to disarm us before they crash the dollar and bring in their one world currency.

For those who have realized this and watched their slow destruction of our country, it makes perfect sense.

link   
Ok wow that's a pretty disturbing list isn't it... look how many Western countries are right at the bottom. This is clearly a direct result of the debt based systems we use imo.

edit: it would also be interesting to compare the sum of all the negative balances with the sum of all the positive balances.
edit on 15/3/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by abecedarian

CIA is actually supposed to be doing that as their primary job...go figure. They kinda got lost somewhere along the way, eh?

As it happens though, I've been using CIA Fact book for years as pretty much the definitive source for basic stats on nations. (It's great for trivia games and kid's homework.) After all, you can figure the CIA probably operates or passes through all of them....so they would have an interest in knowing all that with accuracy, right? I've also discovered the college considers it a primary factual source..so I take it for what it gives.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

As it directly correlates to a nations stability...
it is a pastime of the CIA, to destabilize nations and reshape them,
not an easy task with a nation that is over 2 centuries strong.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1

For those who have realized this and watched their slow destruction of our country, it makes perfect sense.

It does seem that way, the hard data points to this...the current events
support the idea, an armed public will be a problem for an easy tranistion.

I recall a report from years ago about strategic dislocation as a primary concern
for national security. Not far fetched at all, the real numbers dont lie.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Canada being a close second, and Mexico not too far up....
All being on one continent....hmmm...

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Very much agreed on the real numbers telling the real tale. At some point, it's just a matter of math and how markets operate. Basic...and done before. Mishandled before too... Somehow they think they can do this in some way that doesn't crash where all who have gone here before have. In fact.. History is almost enough to just sit and get drunk over. We're repeating what we once did to others. We're repeating it by DOING it. By Choice!

In the mid-1980s, Shelton analyzed Soviet financial statements and found that the Soviets were heavily in debt, and sinking deeper - with the help of Western banks. Soviet debt jumped 50% in two years, 1985 and 1986. Why did they need the money?

"Their books showed that they always ran a perfectly balanced budget. That should have been a tip-off. It was too perfect," Shelton said. "In fact, they were dead broke. It was really a case of bankruptcy."

In 1988, the Soviets admitted for the first time running a deficit, estimated at $58 billion for the preceding year. Privately, Soviet economists put the figure at three times that number, Shelton learned.

Reagan's strategy had worked. At its end in 1991, the Soviet Union was living off Western loans. That couldn't go on forever, and it didn't.
Source

It reminds me of a saying I heard in a corny old action movie about life being like a big wheel. Sooner or later, it all comes around. Well... Yup. It sure does. Why couldn't it have come around in another few decades? I would have liked to see Social Security checks just for the novelty of a paycheck FROM Uncle instead of giving mine to him. My age and below got jipped.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Anyone who is paying much attention at all should already know this,
they still haven't fixed anything at all just more and more band aiding
things until the nation bleeds out completely..... for goodness sake
they haven't had a real budget in how long now? that's like giving paris
hilton a no limit credit card and telling her she can only spend a
million a year........

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yes, this reminds me of the little spot Ben Bernanke did,
on how he saved The American Dream. Do you recall?

Those who are just the dice rollers may not actually know they
are taking the house down, do you think? Well...not all of them.

They all for sure have a safe haven account somewhere,
The Caymens, Switzerland. Still, I wonder how many at the top
will have the red phone notice, while the rest are left to pay up.

And, yes Social Security, another failed Government fix...
second only to Obamacare....which if it goes through it will be
the straw that breaks the back...we have already lived through TARP.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Indeed. It's a rough picture to look at and this is the 'disaster' that is simply a numerical certainty more with every passing day. That is what I find maddening. It's simply basic math here.

These leaders are almost all attorneys. With few, if any exceptions, all went to college. They don't understand this? Where did these people get their education? Cliff's Notes and Hacker Help? I don't even see where it helps a small elite. Elite need people to be elite over. When the workforce crashes, so does their little fiefdom. Madmax didn't much give a hoot how much cash anyone had. (Not that extreme...but it would be for the elite, I think)

All I can think is that they honesty, in their own minds, believe they can hold the tiger by the tail and not be eaten by it. That's also, unfortunately, what I'd call the worst case scenario. It means we're riding it all the way down.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   

I'm not going to argue that the US isn't in trouble or there may be some tougher times coming this way; however, if this deficit was the be all end all . . . We would have seen doomsday already.

If you look at the 30yr or even the 8yr on IndexMundi, we were at almost double the current neg account balance in 2006. We took another dip this past year, but have been steadily rising since that time, shaving 400B off of the 2006 balance. So, the claim can be made that we are climbing out of the recession that really hit us hard at the end of 2006 to mid 2007.

But, again . . . not saying "happy times" are here again. I'm much more concerned with the debt than any of the talking heads. The Progressive push towards total Collectivism doesn't give me an easy feeling either.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

The only way I see it a boon for the elite, is if they moving on insider info
and getting out of the current bubble, into the next, or another safe divestment...

Insider trading has been at an all time hight over the last few years.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

Well, now I really do love optimism on this subject. It's what will help this nation survive what is coming. It's going to be worse than the great depression, in many ways. Our national finance didn't look like this during that period.

(Source)

The U.S. doesn't just have serious debt. I wish it were so. We have the most debt, by an ENORMOUS margin obver any other nation in the world. Trillions really are still unthinkably large sums of money, each, and so the spread is just astronomical.

CIA Fact book data is always a little back logged for updates too. That is a downside, but it's a clear picture of the problem. Compounding interest is in effect too, which the White House had just acknowledged a couple years ago as I recall. It hadn't really been talked about prior that the 1/4 trillion in interest currently due (building to well over 1/2 a trillion annually soon) is largely debt financed itself. Hence...Compounding and a nightmare.

I hope the OP doesn't mind me adding the material here .. there is one more link though.

The Worst Hyperinflation Situations of All Time

This really has been done before. Literally, what they are doing now. It's ended badly, as the above shows in some detail...multiple times. This is all insane.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Well . . . I'm far from optimistic about our situation and much more worried about the debt than the negative balance numbers.

More like playing devil's advocate to the OP's view on the the balance sheet.

I have no doubt we are seeing an equity bubble and a little over a year ago thought a Dow of 15k would be the trigger. Needless to say the fact we are quickly approaching that number is unnerving. I don't think we are quite to that point yet, so may need to revise but, things to seem to be progressing at a much quicker pace these days.

As I'm more concerned with the debt, I'm more inclined to think it will be the inflation . . . If we start seeing foreign holders like China dumping it in mass, we will know the time is near. But, you can't have both depression and inflation . . . So, until America loses confidence and altogether stops spending and investing the market will keep doing well, IMO. Hell . . . we haven't even seen interest rates start to sour yet, which will be another sure sign. Once that confidence is gone things will unravel quickly . . . and I don't think countries like China will want to get left holding useless bonds. Although they are so secretive, who knows if they or others haven't been dumping large quantities unbeknownst to the general public. It's certain that no one is buying into to them these days.

I think less 30's Depression and more Germany of the 20's . . . and that's when DHS moves in.
edit on 3/15/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
America accounts for what, 20% of Canada's GDP? What about China?

People throw the scenario around about China turning off the tap, and using conventional sense many are simply waiting for the shoe to drop, yet....should be needless to say, it's not that simple. Through trying to decipher the smoke and mirrors of the system, a picture can coalesce of pessimism. The smoke and mirrors can equally obscurate the broader picture of how things are actually working as a whole. Game Theory really.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

I do not understand the list. The EU lists 185 for its total debt. However some countries within the EU are listed with a higher debt. How can the parts outweigh the whole.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Because some country's in the EU got a big surplus? You talking about that CIA ''Current account balance list''?
edit on 15-3-2013 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I'd imagine it's similar to how the U.S. Federal Government can be pushing hard on 17 trillion dollars in debt while California is mere billions in debt and a couple states have little to no debt at all?

I think they are far more integrated in those ways than people bargained for way back at the start of the effort?

new topics

top topics

join