It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Hacking "News" as Predictive Programming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This is wicked obvious to me, but my search super-powers did not reveal an ongoing thread, so here goes.

Recent news about the danger of Chinese Internet hacking into US Government and Corporate sites is hype designed to prepare the ground for sweeping new Internet regulation, for the much-desired Internet ID whereby you would have to have a government or corporate-issued ID to get online, and by which you could be both tracked and managed (i.e., turned-off in case you became a trouble maker).

This will be done to keep us "safe" from Chinese hackers (and other baddies).

The systems and methods they employ are never new, only new iterations of old tricks. But they seem always to fly because there seems always to be a silent majority who buy-in, and always the same impotent malcontents who cry "conspiracy" and "tyranny" into the unhearing, uncaring wind.

The color revolutions, facilitated by electronic comms, were an obvious lesson for our monied masters, and they have a longer view of things, more patience and attention-span than we the people seem to be able to muster between and among ourselves, and so they are going to get this too.

Any way, I just thought it important to point out the obvious, and to maybe suggest vehement opposition to even tiny incremental steps toward increased regulation and control.

As long as they can split us up by red/blue, by our choice of gods, our skin color or nationality, they will WIN.

The interwebs is as important as the wheel, as agriculture, as penicillin. We owe it to humanity to protect it from the corporateers and their government marionettes. It is our mission, our obligation, and our duty.

We have fallen down in so many other areas that I am fearful this will be just one more thing we cannot seem to pull off, but I am an optimist as well.

To do this we will have to refuse to be divided against ourselves, which means we will have to stop seeing each other as enemies, as evil, stupid, or otherwise undesirable "others" who do not rate the same treatment as ourselves and those in our special "in-group". I dunno if this is possible, but I know I have begun the process myself.

Bill Hicks said it - "We need to get in touch with our outer adult." This thing is too important, methinks, to let them take it from us by merely shouting "FOREIGNERS!"

Any way....just thought I'd share a thought.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MarsSentinel

I understand this is a CT site . . . so, everyone is a bit paranoid at times and our gov may very well be using this "crisis" to bring about some changes.

However, make no mistake . . . China is doing this to the US currently. They are also actively trying to weaken the dollar further, through a covert currency war and disinfo campaign. Add to that China and Russia are trying, behind closed doors, to get the Middle East countries to except gold for oil, as opposed to OPEC's "petrol-dollar" which is the USD.

If this country doesn't implode . . . it's going to get real with US and China sooner or later. China's economy is doing very poorly, so just like us they need to start some stuff to try to reverse course.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by solomons path

I understand this is a CT site . . . so, everyone is a bit paranoid at times and our gov may very well be using this "crisis" to bring about some changes.

However, make no mistake . . . China is doing this to the US currently. They are also actively trying to weaken the dollar further, through a covert currency war and disinfo campaign. Add to that China and Russia are trying, behind closed doors, to get the Middle East countries to except gold for oil, as opposed to OPEC's "petrol-dollar" which is the USD.

If this country doesn't implode . . . it's going to get real with US and China sooner or later. China's economy is doing very poorly, so just like us they need to start some stuff to try to reverse course.

And none of that, in any way,
has a blasted thing to do with regulating the internet...

By
/sarcasm
learned government reps
/end-sarc
who offer me protection
by monitoring and tagging me.

Mike Grouchy
edit on 14-3-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikegrouchy

Originally posted by solomons path

And none of that, in any way,
has a blasted thing to do with regulating the internet...

By
/sarcasm
learned government reps
/end-sarc
who offer me protection
by monitoring and tagging me.

Mike Grouchy
edit on 14-3-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

The OP specically mention Chinese "attacks", which I am going to guess he meant "cyber-attacks", and Chinese Hacking. That is supposedly the reason for the current bills to regulate the internet. So . . . not only does it have to do with the OP, but also the legislation to regulate.

That's what I was refering to when I said "China is doing this . . " I thought that self-evident, as that is the main premise of the OP.

Did you read the OP first or just my response?

Whether the problem is as bad as the Gov claims or China has been as successful as various security agencies have claimed can definitely be debated . . . but it is happening (along with the other stuff I mentioned).

So, yes . . . My response did have to do with regulating the internet . . . thanks for your elite comprehension skills though.

BTW - I don't agree with the regulation . . . however the "hacking" isn't made up.

top topics

join