It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friend and foe in ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
salam and peace to all ATS members.

Some days ago I received a message from ATS which was saying that some one has chose me as his foe. So , I was not pleased to see I am foe of someone.

Then I searched in my profile and I found in friends page that I am also friend of some people.

So , I thought to myself my ATS was not telling me that I am have become friend of some one and I am just informed that I am a foe.

It would make ATS a greater place when I can know who is choosing me as friend ,too.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Sometimes this happens accidentally. Go to that person and ask them and you may find that this is the case.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I agree. I've added many friends on here and they don't have a clue that I added them.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
why worry its only the internet .think happy thoughts u

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Be my friend

Then your foe will be my foe.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Maybe the programmers of ATS believe conflict to be more valuable than collaboration. I can see that point of view, considering collaboration has been the game for a while now. Just eat your plate of [SNIP] and smile. Don't complain, don't argue, or you'll end up worse for it.

Mod edit: Do not evade the profanity censors.

edit on 3/11/2013 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
If I add you as a foe, you should recognize it as a sign that I deeply respect you, and the way you argue your points. It means I have a different opinion, but respect your ability to fight for your side.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
If I add you as a foe, you should recognize it as a sign that I deeply respect you, and the way you argue your points. It means I have a different opinion, but respect your ability to fight for your side.

but that's no fun

There should be an option where you get a message saying "Kthxbai thinks you are a total moron" or something

....not you, but the people I would like to give that designation to of course

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
It's the internet why do you care so much?

I had someone who I foe'd recently ask me in U2U why I foe'd them. I was honest and told them, they never replied which I knew they wouldn't, which is one reason why I foe'd them. They never respond to logic or criticism in their posts. I also told them to lighten up like I am you because it's the internet and who cares if someone disagrees with you. It is GONNA happen!

I have people I mark as friends so I can monitor their threads postings in the "Friends Threads" feed from the bottom bar you can click on in the right bottom corner.

Just because someone foe's you doesn't mean they don't completely like you and if they do again who cares.

Relax, it's just an internet forum

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Dubya recently joined ATS and tried to Befriend me. He also sent me this U2U PM.

I don't like the guy, but I also don't want to hurt his feelings.

What should I do?

edit on 11-3-2013 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Couldn't we also respect our friends ?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I am still waiting to complete the set, with Foe...I have Fee, Fye and Fum...

A99

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Oh I don't know, that may apply to some of the people I've added as foes, but as for most of them, it's generally because I think that they are vitriolic imbeciles with no common decency or decorum. I agree with Mideast, It would be nice if you'd be notified via U2U of people adding you as both friends and foes, otherwise it just seems overtly focused on the negative.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Hello OP,

Back in the day, we used to get messages that someone befriended us....I loved those. It made me feel wonderful to know someone put me on his/her "friend" list. I wish ATS would bring that policy back.

I was "foed" for the first time a few months ago and it threw me for a loop. But now, its no biggie. In fact, I tend to laugh when I get foed, because to me it confirms that my argument was sound and this is a way the other person tries to save face. But that's just me.

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I prefer the system as it is at the moment, because getting the U2U Inbox on too much can be off-putting, and somewhat nerve-racking (since it often implies a post warning or something unpleasant and potentially upsetting).
I recall ATS video updates at a stage that alerted members to an U2U all the time, and a lot of people didn't like that.

People are far more likely to befriend others than become a foe, and U2U should be used sparingly (unless one has a private exchange going).

As a new member, for example, I recall befriending loads of people in one evening.

If you really want to alert another member of your friendship, I'd say U2U them, or leave a message on their profile.
Otherwise check your profile regularly.
You could even leave a message on your profile requesting that people message you if they become your friends.

I don't think all support that members show for each other should be forced with an instant message.
This is where members can also be pro-active and check their profile, if they care.

At present I like that we don't have a clutter of officialdom, or the encouragement of Facebook-like cliques, based on "adding friends", "likes" and "one-liners" just to reciprocate.
Having the U2U alert on every time one quickly logs on can be irritating and distracting.

That's my taste, but admin might respond to changing trends and requests.
edit on 12-3-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I think it's hilarious that there are "foes" at all. Really? You're going to go out of your way to tell someone on ATS you don't like them by making them your foe? There are plenty of people who hang out here that I wouldn't urinate on if they were on fire, but I certainly don't care enough to "foe" them.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I thought I'd have more foes by now. Consider yourself lucky. Someone had to be thinking of you to "foe" you in the first place. Alas, I am on no one's list.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Ummm......Who cares...who even plays that "friend me", "your my foe" childish game anyway's, it's juvinile.
I could never understand those features of this site...especially the "report" feature....."See something...Say something"...give me a break do you really think I allow anything said in an internet forum to affect me to the point that I just have to "report" on someone?.............Mommie...sniff...that bad man called me an ignorant republicrat progressive, he's a baaaddd man......waaaaaaaa...hhaaaa...hhaaaaa.

See how childish that sounds...it's like adults jumping in puddles or yelling kackie poo poo....

YouSir

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
i must admit that i find it an odd system to have friends and foes too - especially when we only get informed of being made a foe..

i got a similar message about a month back, and the user in question was someone i simply did not recognise - i dont believe i have even been in a thread with them, let alone conversed with them. they also had no other friends or foes so i was puzzled if unperturbed - perhaps they have a dodgy mouse and the clicks went wrong, perhaps i had a particular effect on them, who knows..

it's very interesting to learn that we dont get informed of friending though - i had simply assumed that it would be a mutual thing, like FB for example where one needs to accept then you can both hug each other and throw sheep and stuff.

overall i dont see the point of the system i guess, not that i disagree with it. i remember the folk i converse with, disagree with etc etc and u2u folk on various issues when i feel the need.

i'd be reticent about "accepting" a friend request anyway i suppose if it was set that way - after all, we could agree one one thread and be best buddies, and on another thread... well, it could all be topsy turvy and go down the swanny pretty quick.

just my 2p's worth

now to look at profiles and see who friended me i guess, or is that stalking?

i'm all confused now

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by YouSir

Having friends is childish ?

I like to have friends , many other like it too.

Are they children ?

I said I preferred to get informed when I have friends rather than foes.
edit on 13-3-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join