It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea await final order / Communication hotline severed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
Hotline dead, armistice and non aggression treaties scrapped.....
for me that is a de facto state of war existing as of now.

Interesting next 24 hours

You're not wrong there my friend.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

link   

Originally posted by wondermost
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

Thanks man! It all starts with Korea?!?

Who'd of thunk it????

Makes one wonder if North Korea has submarines??? But than again, the picture is clear that they're are a lot factors apart from NK in creating war..

They want North Korea to disarm themselves of Nukes, while they themselves have a pile in stock.
edit on 10-3-2013 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by rigel4

Just because it is not a real website (it is in fact an independent site) does not mean the information is untrue - that being said, I'm not entirely sure the Defcon readings are accurate, but everything else has been touched upon within other articles and other websites. Everyone is holding their breath about this, yet nothing has happened yet? Now that I've said that, something'll happen... *laughs*

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Apparently Russia and NK are still good buds. There's only 17km between them, and I figure, if it isn't China that NK is going to for nuke heads, it's gotta be Russia, right? I dunno. My brain is befuddled with all this stuff.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xarian6

These 2 get used in every NK argument.. but they have serious problems that are not in the MSM, china is about to collapse financially, they OWN the US (most of it) and most of my country.. they will call in debts regardless.. that's not going to be pretty.

False....China owns 1.2 Trillion of our over 16 trillion in debt....do the math...it's about 7.5%....

They can come calling...and can suck it...they will never see their money...they should have known that and they gave it to us anyway....kinda stupid really.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Unfortunately, you only showed a small part of the picture:

The largest portion of U.S. debt, 68 cents for every dollar or about $10 trillion, is owned by individual investors, corporations, state and local governments and, yes, even foreign governments such as China that hold Treasury bills, notes and bonds.

Foreign governments hold about 46 percent of all U.S. debt held by the public, more than $4.5 trillion. The largest foreign holder of U.S. debt is China, which owns more about $1.2 trillion in bills, notes and bonds, according to the Treasury. In total, China owns about 8 percent of publicly held U.S. debt.

Of all the holders of U.S. debt China is the third-largest, behind only the Social Security Trust Fund's holdings of nearly $3 trillion and the Federal Reserve's nearly $2 trillion holdings in Treasury investments, purchased as part of its quantitative easing program to boost the economy.

Link
So while they hold a small (relatively speaking) portion of the US debt, they are the largest holder that isn't owned, or running beside, the US government.
edit on 10-3-2013 by superman2012 because: forgot link

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Ladies and gents, can we please keep it on the current discussion.

I just want this thread to be about updates to the current situation, issues about debt may just confuse the matter.

---

nwww.koreaherald.com...

Some more S.Korean media regarding the war games.

South Korea and the U.S. kick off their annual 10-day Key Resolve drills on Monday ― the day Pyongyang said it would scrap the armistice agreement and inter-Korean nonaggression pacts.

The allied militaries have remained on high alert for North Korean provocations near sea and land borders during their regular drills including the one-month Foal Eagle exercise to run until April 30.

On Sunday, the North, which denounced the drills as a “rehearsal for a nuclear war of incursion,” warned its troops are waiting for an “ultimate order to charge in” on its hostile forces.

--

Yahoo news

news.yahoo.com...

SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea has cut off a Red Cross hotline with South Korea as it escalates its war of words against Seoul and Washington in response to a military drill in the South and U.N. sanctions imposed for its recent nuclear test.

The North had threatened to cut off the hotline on March 11 if the United States and South Korea did not abandon their joint military exercise.

The Red Cross hotline is used to communicate between Seoul and Pyongyang which do not have diplomatic relations.

"We called at 9 a.m. and there was no response," a government official from South Korea said. The line is tested each day.

Pyongyang has also threatened to cut off a hotline with U.N. forces in South Korea, at the border "truce village" of Pammunjom.

Tensions on the Korean peninsula have risen since the North conducted a third nuclear test on February 12, prompting new U.N. sanctions.

--

www.gmanetwork.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The BBC are showing a report on this now.

Theyve been quiet on this the past few days.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MuldersGirl

On paper they are. When you start to look deeper into the relationship however it's not nearly as warm and buddy buddy as it appears. Trade between the two is barely there, Russian business has no interest in North Korea, and relations have been strained for years.

There was talk about a railway and pipeline through North Korea to Russia, but the problem is that if North Korea decides to do one of their "look at me" moments after they start building, Russia stands to lose all the money invested to that point (which would be substantial).

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

It has begun. Time to find out if they're bluffing this time. chances are they are, it does seem a little more serious this time though

Tick-Tock

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
My apologies for getting off topic.

Here is a link to the Yonhap News Agency.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Xarian6

I can agree with almost all your point's except two, I will make it brief. I am not really looking for a big debate, or to try to change you mind on anything. Just some food for thought.

First the Russian video. I saw that whole speech, after I saw any comments from the MSM on it. While yes he did mention nuclear war. My take, watching the entire speech , was that he was refering that North Korean's might use nukes if anyone violated their border.

Number Two is looking at how much debt in U.S T- notes that China holds the figure was 1.16 trillion in 2013. In the big picture that is not much really. When there is And this was in 2009 32.2 Trillion T- notes outstanding.

Me too sorry for going off topic, I will reply no more forever on this thread if it's off topic.
edit on 10-3-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Sooooooooooooo and it's a big Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,

Do they have nukes and don't they?

Is this their whole magic act?

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Sorry to get a little off topic, but it is relevant....China is the card that no one knows how will be played. I think China will let NK hang themselves....it is just a hunch. China needs the west...they are not going to go to war with the biggest purchaser of their products and services.

NK has become their "red headed step child" so to speak. I fully anticipate China reining them in..."you will do exactly what we tell you to do" type of thing. It will serve none of China's interests for a war to erupt on their borders....seriously...think this through from their point of view. I would not be surprised if LiL kim had an unfortunate accident in the days to come....

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

It's cool, i just join dot's when they start to show a connection.. sometimes that connection is fuzzy

OP asked we keep this to updates, and im in agreeance... right now it matters little what goes on behind the scene's that we cannot see, it's almost impossible to get a clear picture of the worlds state in this current environment.. other than there's an awful lot of shady deals and saber rattling.

And Honestly.. i wouldn't trust any country at this time (even my own) fruitcakes with agendas in charge of thermonuclear destruction.. this is why i call NK the proxy/pivot point.. and why we should watch this as a signal of what's to come.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Newest from Yonhap:

North Korea's state media said Monday that the armistice agreement that halted the Korean War is no longer valid and warned it is bracing for a showdown with enemy forces.

The Rodong Sinmun, an organ of the ruling Workers’ Party of Korea (WPK), said in a article monitored in Seoul that the time for the showdown war is now at hand and claimed the cease-fire pact that barely maintained its existence was now null and void.

"Under the guidance of the WPK, the undefeated might of the military will now target the United States and by destroying the 'evil empire' herald the historic start of a unified country," the newspaper said. Pyongyang commonly refers to Washington as an evil empire or imperialistic power.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012
Okay, that's it...what could possible stop both the North and South from actually starting a war, let alone the use of nukes in the process.

It seems apparent, that the North is prepared to strike and that in itself is insane...

I do not usually condone war, but someone outta slap that punk from North Korea with that funny hair-style..

edit on 10-3-2013 by InnerPeace2012 because: Add video

This is from a youtube channel that is satire based.

Just thought I would clear this up.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Anyone know if they have cut off the hotline before?

We have a 20 something kid in charge of NK right now, one who was raised by his nut ball father, and was raised in luxury while the rest of the country starved, and is (supposedly) worshipped as a demigod. One would say he isn't actually likely to be stable. And more likely to try to "prove" himself to the military by ordering something stupid.

I would say the current situation is more tense than in the past, at least as bad as when they shelled that island a few years back.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join