It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea television takes a look at american poverty - The other side of propaganda

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

I was did not know the U.S occupied half of "N Korea's country" could you elaborate please?

Not "Half of "N" Koreas country", as you put it. But half of Korea. You would of course half to go back in the way back machine to a time before US involvement in Asia when it was all of Korea? Or all of Vietnam? Before the "divide and conquer" Principle was applied by US interests (read that US military occupation) dividing each country in turn to North and South, all with "permission" of course.

In a time of MAD and "Detente" and Banana Republics, Soviet satellites in Europe and our incursions into the Asian continent (Korea and Vietnam). Where history has been written and rewritten by the invaders and the conquerers.

We did invade Korea and Vietnam. We "lost" in Vietnam, like we will 'lose' in Korea. What? Are you forgetting the "Red" Chinese, a hold over term to be sure. The dirty commie Soviets and Chinese. American Interests "Abroad".

Those that don't want to admit we occupy Korea and want the whole peninsula are in denial or ignorant of history. We only need (or will manufacture) a good enough excuse to take it.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Awwww why did they take it down?

I have done about ten searches trying to find another upload of it, and failed to find it again.

Did anyone happen to download it?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I can't view it either, says it's private.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
reply to post by intrptr

I was did not know the U.S occupied half of "N Korea's country" could you elaborate please?

I'll chime in as well. In the response to the fears of "Communist expansion" as Korea began to go the "Communist way", the US moved into the southern portion of the country in order to prevent the entire country from becoming communist. The USSR supported the Northern portion, the US, the South, dividing Korea into its N and S components at the 38th parallel at the time. During the US occupation of S. Korea, a former exile, Syngman Rhee, was returned to S. Korea to become its leader, transported by the US government. Ironically enough, he was opposed to the USSR/US occupations of Korea as a whole but he was very anti-communist so that should explain why they brought him in. It gets really complicated from thereon out, lol.

en.wikipedia.org... Only because it has a really cool map that shows what happened with territories during the Korean War, lol.
edit on 9/3/13 by WhiteAlice because: correcting brain fog moment

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Gee a bit aggressive aren't ya?
First off I asked you the question because you said.......

Yah, but we know that we embellish their plight just as much. All I see and hear of NK is troops goose stepping and missiles firing, with a sprinkle of bigoted cultural caricatures of their leaders thrown in.

So we do it even more than they. Its called propaganda and indoctrination. Its very important too, as the reality is the US Military occupies half of their country.

The way it was written I felt it implied the whole country was N Korea's.

Now on to history.

The division of Korea into North Korea and South Korea stems from the 1945 Allied victory in World War II, ending the Empire of Japan's 35-year colonial rule of Korea. The United States and the Soviet Union agreed to temporarily occupy the country as a trusteeship with the zone of control demarcated along the 38th parallel. The purpose of this trusteeship was to establish a Korean provisional government which would become "free and independent in due course."

Though elections were scheduled, the Soviet Union refused to cooperate with United Nations plans to hold general and free elections in the two Koreas, and as a result, a Communist state was permanently established under Soviet auspices in the north and a pro-Western state was set up in the south. The two superpowers backed different leaders and two states were effectively established, each of which claimed sovereignty over the whole Korean peninsula

That covers the divison.

The Korean War....

The failure to hold free elections throughout the Korean Peninsula in 1948 deepened the division between the two sides; the North established a communist government, while the South established a nominally democratic government. The 38th parallel increasingly became a political border between the two Korean states. Although reunification negotiations continued in the months preceding the war, tension intensified. Cross-border skirmishes and raids at the 38th Parallel persisted. The situation escalated into open warfare when North Korean forces invaded South Korea on 25 June 1950. In 1950, the Soviet Union boycotted the United Nations Security Council, in protest at representation of China by the Kuomintang/Republic of China government, which had taken refuge in Taiwan following defeat in the Chinese Civil War. In the absence of a dissenting voice from the Soviet Union, who could have vetoed it, the United States and other countries passed a Security Council resolution authorizing military intervention in Korea.

So the war ( Police Action) was fought under U.N mandate. Besides the U.S here is a list of combatants in the Korean war under U.N mandate.
Peak Strengths (Combatants)
Australian
Belgium
Canada
Colombia
Denmark
Ethiopia
France
Greece
Holland (Netherlands)
India
Italy
Luxembourg
New Zealand
Norway
Philippines
Republic of South Korea
South Africa
Sweden
Thailand
Turkey
United Kingdom

This is how the war stopped ( not ended). 60 tears later the war is not over.........

The Korean Armistice Agreement is an agreement signed by U.S. Army Lieutenant General William Harrison, Jr., representing the United Nations Command and North Korean General Nam Il, representing the North Korean People's Army and the Chinese People’s Volunteer Army. The agreement was signed on July 27, 1953 and was designed to "insure a complete cessation of hostilities and of all acts of armed force in Korea until a final peaceful settlement is achieved." The signed armistice restored the border between the two nations near the 38th parallel, created the Korean Demilitarized Zone, put into force a cease-fire, and finalized repatriation of prisoners of war.

So the "Imperialest U.S forces" are still there under U.N mandate to safe guard the U.N sponsered cease fire.
Also to protect S Korea's right to exist. If N Korea wanted the U.S gone they should have signed a peace treaty, instead of letting a state of war exist for 60 years.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I'm sorry too , my bad. I do agree with you the video was ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Pretty much but, as you may have implied by the use of the word "nominally", the elections that took place in S. Korea were held in significant suspicion by the residents there. Syngman Rhee was literally hand delivered by the US military as a leader to S. Korea. Basically, it was probably one of the initial starts of our country's "invasion and placing a desirable government into power" practice that we've seen repeated a few times as of late, including Iraq.

Oh and ps. we also probably shouldn't forget our country's threat of the use of atomic weapons on N. Korea at the time though it was never done. Probably explains a great deal of the chip on the N. Koreans' shoulder as well.
edit on 9/3/13 by WhiteAlice because: added the ps--sorry!

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I do know about Syngman Rhee, he was put in office under direction the U.N. I will go looking for that quote. People have such a hard time remembering that The "Korean Police Action" was fought under direction of the U.N, not the U.S.

I gave you a star when I saw your post, because I had left that out. There are many other facts that could be brought into play, like Frances involvement because of their policies in Vietman and their colonial aspirations in Asia at the time. But the outline I gave , like you said pretty much covers events.

My biggest point was that if N Korea wanted the U.N gone (U.S.) they could have signed a Peace Treaty in the last 60 years, If they had done so then indeed the U.S would be at fault.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
With all the mass shootings we have the North Koreans should ban us from owning nuclear weapons.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

edit on 3/9/2013 by ashtonhz8907 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ashtonhz8907

Yay! Thank you.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The video is up again. I would download it, but, I am not sure how to. Just a heads up so that you can download it if you still want to.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

My reaction to this

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The video is up again. I would download it, but, I am not sure how to. Just a heads up so that you can download it if you still want to.

Downlaoding it now. Indeed. Very helpful. The program I use is called YTD Video Downloader. It's all legit as far as I know. At least that's my understanding. Anyway, I use all this to make archives of current events and a perm. record of things, not to set up a rebroadcast or anything. It's not a bad thing to do as so much seems to change over time now, eh? Thanks for the heads up. I got this by checking my replies.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Dividing a country is to conquer it. Or haven't you heard? Yah, America are the aggressors, I don't care what cronies we get to help. They just also want a piece, not "peace", but a "piece".

Blah, Blah with all the justifiable reasons our military occupies other countries. @ 180 last count? With over 900 bases? That wouldn't make anyone north of the "38th parallel" nervous now would it?.

Noted another disinfo tactic of calling the division the "38th parallel". Like its not a divided country, just a map notation. Its better that way. Shhh...

We don't ever want to call it "half of Korea", or the "other half of Korea". That would be too obvious.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I didnt see many American cars in "America". Because it's filmed in Romania?
edit on 9-3-2013 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
That was a good laugh.

Now back to the real world.

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I speak Korean but I cannot hear over that dude's voice at all. Very vid though lol.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

This video is private was all I got , I am a member and logged in so I cant see it ?

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
We don't drink snow water we practically ALL drink soda. Get it right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join