It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Astronaut Carving On 12th Century Spanish Cathedral?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
admin note: The representation of this carving being original is a hoax, www.abovetopsecret.com...

**************************************************************************************************************************************
______beforeitsnews/economy/2013/03/ancient-astronaut-carving-on-12th-century-spanish-cathedral-2497360.html
This carving on a 12th century Spanish cathedral defies explanation. Not sure this is the right forum so I ask the Mods to move it if necessary. It is quite obvious that it is a carving of a modern Astronaut. If time travel becomes a reality or if an Astronaut got caught in some sort of "time vortex" and ended up in the past then one might conclude the church "fathers" interpeted it as a "sign from God" and had the carving done to preserve a record of it. What do YOU think?
edit on 3-11-2013 by Springer because: Moved to HOAX Forum

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Great find!

So if proved beyond question the astronaut was there before the restoration this may be one of the STRONGEST EVIDENCEs ever. Hard to debunk this one...

Thank you. Let's wait for ats, Im curious.
S&F

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Pretty fascinating if this is real. I can't think of anything else this would have depicted in the 12th century. Although the detail is almost to good to be true. The boots all the way to the mask screams hoax but I'm opened minded enough to at least look further into it.
Maybe to time travel you have to be in space first. Something to ponder.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by gem_man
This carving on a 12th century Spanish cathedral defies explanation.

Actually, there is a very simple explanation

Famous local Architect Jeronimo Garcia de Quinones, who was responsible for a restoration project executed in 1992, chose an astronaut as the symbol of the 20th century to be included in the cathedral’s sculpture motifs, in line with the age old tradition of cathedral builders and restorers to include contemporary motifs along with old ones as a signature of their work.

www.searchamelia.com...

Before its news is well known for pushing hoaxes - just look at their "Top Stories"
"Nuclear War Will Start On Monday (Video)
America Destroyed With A Single Bomb: What A War With N. Korea Might Look Like
Vatican May Disclose End-Of-Times Imminently
CNN Announces Brown Dwarf Entering our Solar System "
edit on 8-3-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
You know when I see something like this and how much these carvings/pictures look like a modern day astronaut I have to wonder if some of them ( if real) have somehow gone back through time , you hear stories about people from the past coming through to the future so I am sure it works both ways if indeed there is such a thing.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Reevster

i have often thought about this too either that or some people are able to really view the future

eta who knows gene roddenberry could of been a modern day prophet

edit on 8/3/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

he does look suspiciously like a modern astronaut.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Curious as to why his boots look like the first prints on the moon?

900 years and still the same boot design? Not only that but supposedly from a different planet?

Peace

edit on 8-3-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
900 years and still the same boot design? Not only that but supposedly from a different planet?

Where do you get 900 years from? Where do you get another planet from?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Where do you get 900 years from? Where do you get another planet from?

um...

1100AD to present...give or take a decade.

and

Ancient Astronaut? If not and it's actually from this planet, I would have to re-think I suppose. That is of course, if the Ancient Astronaut theory is from this planet and not another. The jury is still out and the proof is still in the works.

Either way, what about the boot print?

Peace

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Sorry to burst a bubble but this had been covered on ATS a few times, a simple search of 'astronaut cathedral' on ATS search comes up with a few results. Here's a thread from 2008

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 9-3-2013 by ThePeaceMaker because: Wrong thread added now fixed

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

um...

Try 1992 to present.... so 21 years.

what about the boot print?

What about it? he just copied from a NASA boot worn on the moon....

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

um...

Try 1992 to present.... so 21 years.

what about the boot print?

What about it? he just copied from a NASA boot worn on the moon....

OP post:

12th century Spanish cathedral

Last time I checked, the 12th century isn't 1992.

Peace

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
As an above poster said this is beforeitnews known for its hoaxes and also as my above post stated this topic has been covered on ATS a few times. The link I have goes back to a thread from 2008. The boot print well I'm sure in 1992 when it was added they knew what an astronauts boot looked like

ATS search 'astronaut cathedral' plenty of results
edit on 9-3-2013 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Do you even bother to read a thread you post in? It was carved in 1992, not the 12th century....

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Nice catch. It's become a modern practice to update carvings with new looks and some take after our own icons. Modern astronaut carving.

Limestone erodes at different rates depending on the layers the blocks are cut from. So some cathedral carvings all but 'melt' away whilst others keep their form. Even the direction they point in affects the rate of erosion (wind, sun, eolian) etc.

A few years ago, Winchester Cathedral in the UK updated their carvings and invited members of the public to submit ideas. The whole building was cleaned. The new carvings were superbly done and blended in really well. It was interesting to walk around the perimeter and see if we could tell the 1000 year old ones from the modern ones. Stonemasons are the same as any other artists in the way they can't help but have a personal style so the newer ones somehow had a 20th Century look to their faces.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Do you even bother to read a thread you post in? It was carved in 1992, not the 12th century....

Do you watch the vid in a thread before posting?

The carving was 'repaired' in 1992.

Peace

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

The carving was 'repaired' in 1992.

No, it was done in 1992 - ever stopped to think why there were no photo's of it before 1992....

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Again this has already been spoken about

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do you think it would not raise suspicion if it was legit.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker

Do you think it would not raise suspicion if it was legit.

ANYTHING raise supicion. Remember, if you dont know what did it, it may have been aliens!

On another notes, you can clearly see in the video the difference between the older stone and newer (ie replaced with modern motifs) stone. Incidently, the astronaut is on the newer stone.
edit on 9-3-2013 by merka because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join