It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain calls Paul, Cruz, Amash ‘wacko birds’

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
McCain is a disgrace. That he is considered a 'hero' shows just how far our standards have fallen....

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

You mean 2014.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by eXia7

You mean 2014.

We can only hope that soon

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Both are of the same mindset. Both Progressive republicans that need to just go away.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I just talked with a friend who attended the National Prayer Breakfast. He has lots of friends and contacts on Capitol Hill.

He said he was told that McCain is like a wild man in his office. Yelling and screaming and going off on the staff like he is totally insane.

He needs to go home to his rocking chair.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubSea
I just talked with a friend who attended the National Prayer Breakfast. He has lots of friends and contacts on Capitol Hill.

He said he was told that McCain is like a wild man in his office. Yelling and screaming and going off on the staff like he is totally insane.

He needs to go home to his rocking chair.

For some reason I believe that, he seems like he tries too hard to act calm.. I have a feeling he'd throw coffee on starbucks worker because it wasn't hot enough. The guy is creepy, and seems very fake.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7
So the old guard is still trying to grasp on to tyranny, while true patriots are trying to preserve and enforce the constitution. We have these clowns trying to discredit a real threat, and they go as far as labeling these men as wackos for trying to stand up against the control grid.

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) is continuing to criticize his fellow Republicans for their filibuster of incoming CIA Director John O. Brennan over drone policy. In an interview with the Huffington Post, McCain referred to Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) and Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) as “wackos.”

“They were elected, nobody believes that there was a corrupt election, anything else,” McCain said. “But I also think that when, you know, it’s always the wacko birds on right and left that get the media megaphone.”

Asked to clarify, McCain said he was referencing “Rand Paul, Cruz, Amash, whoever.”

McCain and Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) took strong exception to the filibuster, saying they support the possible use of drones to prevent terrorist attacks anywhere in the world. Some Republicans have privately worried that the high-profile stand, while garnering a lot of positive attention, will ultimately be bad for the party.

“You know, I think he’s just on the wrong side of history, and on the wrong side of this argument, really,” Paul responded in a radio interview with former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee Friday afternoon. He said he respected McCain’s service and record, but that that experience didn’t mean his colleague was always right: “I treat Sen. McCain with respect. I don’t think I always get the same in return.”

I applaud Rand Paul and the others that continue to stand up for the people, even though they are discredited at every turn. I don't like the mentality that a lot of these people in congress portray. It seems most of the people in positions of power live in perpetual fear of terrorists. The propaganda is so thick, I think these people actually believe that there are terrorists hiding under every dinner table, ready to attack.. so they will throw away OUR freedoms for THEIR irrational fears.

If we start accepting that the government will use drones only for "special missions" I think it will just pave the way for them to implement them into the control grid. So, despite talking heads trying to discredit the growing concern over public spying, I hope people will keep standing firm against the issue.

Source

im sorry but who is McCain, HE LOST. why hasnt he had a heart attack yet? and he just mad that 65% of this country still follows and upholds the constitution. when it comes to 2nd amendment, if u wanna know if i have a gun, then trespass on my property and find out.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by eXia7

People like McCain and his ilk, don't live in perpetual fear of terrorist. They live in perpetual fear of loosing their power base. They are corrupted to the point, that our Constitution has no meaning to them anymore.

Des

hear hear!! McCain and his cronies feel threatened by a new and much needed voice on Capital Hill . Hence their reaction to Rand Paul's fantastic filibuster effort. McCain and his buddies are finished. Time to oust the old guard from the GOP. Get back to the fundamentals and maybe just maybe someone will succeed in implementing strict term limits on Capital Hill. The career dolts are responsible for almost all of the gridlock that we experience. The job was never meant to be a lifetime gig... The power, the money, the influence have rotted our system of checks and balances... Two term limits will prevent many of these problems down the road.... Take away the long term advantage....

/
edit on 8-3-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Wow, so McCain is pissed off and doesn't like "The New Guard" of Paul, Cruz, and Rubio, etc..

At least The New Guard is effective at getting answers. Here's a clip of Ted Cruz grilling Holder over the use of drones on American soil: (skip the ad)

www.youtube.com...
edit on 8-3-2013 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
Wow, so McCain is pissed off and doesn't like "The New Guard" of Paul, Cruz, and Rubio, etc..

At least The New Guard is effective at getting answers. Here's a clip of Ted Cruz grilling Holder over the use of drones on American soil: (skip the ad)

www.youtube.com...
edit on 8-3-2013 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

Yeah, hopefully we can get these guys to make bernanke sweat bullets like Ron Paul and Alan Grayson. Hopefully their determination will finally change public opinion. It seems each day more and more corruption is exposed, so hopefully America is winning the war for freedom.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Anyone who thinks they can kill Americans in this country without due process

is whacko.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
So wait...

Ted Cruz and Rand Paul aren't really crazy?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

I think McCain is just so jealous he has to look back at his own career politician life...
and he blew it...he is so old, that by now he is worrying if there is a
Congress in the afterlife.
edit on 8-3-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
According to McCain if you're not an impressionable young libertarian college kid, you're a whacko bird.

This coming from a sitting US Senator.....

I don't really blame him though, he is nearing 80...I wouldn't be surprised if anybody his age said something like that.

Ron Paul (77) is much sharper and open to young people.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
According to McCain if you're not an impressionable young libertarian college kid, you're a whacko bird.

This coming from a sitting US Senator.....

I don't really blame him though, he is nearing 80...I wouldn't be surprised if anybody his age said something like that.

Ron Paul (77) is much sharper and open to young people.

Ron Paul is actually older than McCain, though not by much. He was born in 1935 and McCain was born in 1936.

Maybe McCain is losing it because of all the tortue he went through when he was held captive for 6 years. I hear PTSD lasts a long time.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Isn't McCain up for reelection in 2014???

Look for him to go down in flames. At least .. I hope so.
He needs to retire before he does this country, and his own legacy, any more damage.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I don't think anyone that parodied the Beach Boys "Barbara Ann" as "Bomb Iran" while running for president has any right calling anybody Whacko birds.

edit on 9-3-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Really.. why don't these guys retire and enjoy their life. It should tell you how much they enjoy the power when they are keeping these positions TIL THEY DIE!

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

It will be a blessing when that jackass leaves the Senate. He needs to take his bff Lindsey Graham with him.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Isn't McCain up for reelection in 2014???

Look for him to go down in flames. At least .. I hope so.
He needs to retire before he does this country, and his own legacy, any more damage.

He is retiring at the end of this term.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join