It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DPRK military says Korean war armistice agreement "null"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

The supreme military command of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) said Tuesday that the Korean War Armistice Agreement was null.

- Source

Not sure if it's already null or if they WILL cancel it in the near future, because other news outlets state that they will nullify it, if the military drill between the US and South Korea will continue AND the new sanctions (which China is supporting again) will be implemented in the next days or weeks. The UN Security Council will be meeting today in New York to discuss the sanctions.

Other Sources ->

Source 2

Source 3

Source 4

also from Twitter:

Steve Herman ‏@W7VOA
KCNA also reports #DPRK will sever direct phone link with #ROK at Panmunjom truce village. #Korea

edit on 5-3-2013 by Zerschmetterling because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Along that border I think talk is real cheap and actions are all that matters. If he restarts the war in a formal way the only thing I can say for certain is he'll never be around to see the end of it. Neither Korea's leadership will be, I'd guess.

That's one way to commit suicide if he does more than talk.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I came to this post because the other NK war restart post has been relegated to a hate everything about Amercia, it's a bully, and it's at fault for every military action around the world post.

Now, In reality the restart of a full scale war with NK would be bad for all concerned. The technological advantage of the UN backed south would rain death and destruction on the North, but not before the massive forces of the NKs caused as much to the SKs and its allies.

Maybe I'm wrong and the memories of 1951 to 1953 are to faded, but I cannot beleive that anybody from the south side wants to see this war happening again. (I say the south side because there doesn't exist enough info for me to speculate on the inner thoughts of the general population on the Nouth side)

I know my take on this is rather simplistic, but in the end its all specualtion until the first shots are fired.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Along that border I think talk is real cheap and actions are all that matters. If he restarts the war in a formal way the only thing I can say for certain is he'll never be around to see the end of it. Neither Korea's leadership will be, I'd guess.

Neither will be the USA... At least you guys will be killed by a dragon... It has to count as an epic ending...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
NK can't fight a war without serious backing and China is not going to allow herself to be sanctioned just to help out the Koreans.

The possibility of war in Korea is below nothing.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
NK can't fight a war without serious backing and China is not going to allow herself to be sanctioned just to help out the Koreans.

You are naive to think that COMMUNIST China will not fully help COMMUNIST NK against the USA.

They already proved it once. Most likely they will prove it again.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic

You are naive to think that COMMUNIST China will not fully help COMMUNIST NK against the USA.

They didn't help them last time. It was Stalin that did. If you know your history you will know that NK had to ask permission from the Soviet Union to invade and they were denied for a few years before Stalin gave them the go ahead.

China only sent in troops because America had pushed into North Korea and they didn't want allies stationed on their border. They would rather have the NKs as a buffer than see us there.

China is not ideologically dependent today, they are in it for themselves, there is no way they would allow their economy to take the hits of global sanctions for supporting North Korea.

North Korea knows this so they won't invade, Russia isn't going to help them either, and they know they cannot sustain a battle against the US.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

They didn't help them last time. It was Stalin that did. If you know your history you will know that NK had to ask permission from the Soviet Union to invade and they were denied for a few years before Stalin gave them the go ahead.

China only sent in troops because America had pushed into North Korea and they didn't want allies stationed on their border. They would rather have the NKs as a buffer than see us there.

China is not ideologically dependent today, they are in it for themselves, there is no way they would allow their economy to take the hits of global sanctions for supporting North Korea.

North Korea knows this so they won't invade, Russia isn't going to help them either, and they know they cannot sustain a battle against the US.

If war breaks out in the Korean peninsula it will mean nothing less than the involvement of China and Russia.

Iran will take advantage of this front to possibly open their front with Israel. This will thin out the American Army.
China would contemplate over Taiwan and Senkaku.
Argentina and the Falklands. Another open front. More thining out.

Sooner or late nukes start flying. Humanity no more.

With global tensions this high, a small flame will have global implications.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

And why would China risk anything for North Korea?

They actually do not like them, never have. That regime is Stalins handiwork and if you know your history you should know that China rapidly became unfriendly with Stalin.

That was America's doing. The Sino-Soviet issues left China with a very bad taste in their mouth for anything Russian related.

The only reason they helped NK was so the allies did not have bases established along the Yang river. They wanted to keep NK as a buffer from the West.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Zerschmetterling

If China goes to war with the US...what happens to American economic obligations to China? Seems as good a reason as any for them to back off from the NK. I doubt the Russians are looking to have their infrastructure flattened by missiles, either. Is NK the hill that Russia and China want to die on? I have my doubts.

I'd say the next big conflict will be digital in nature and we won't even know it until our air conditioners come in full in the middle of winter. If, indeed, we have any power at all.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
In fact, if you research China's involvement in the war, you will see that it was sold as a "defense of the motherland".

The soldiers actually believed they were defending China, not North Korea. That's how the government convinced 500k chinese men to head to battle.

It was never about NK.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

In that area right now any conflict will unfold a chain of events. Especially that close to China.

I hope it doesn't. But the recent tensions say otherwise.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
reply to post by Zerschmetterling

If China goes to war with the US...what happens to American economic obligations to China? Seems as good a reason as any for them to back off from the NK. I doubt the Russians are looking to have their infrastructure flattened by missiles, either. Is NK the hill that Russia and China want to die on? I have my doubts.

I'd say the next big conflict will be digital in nature and we won't even know it until our air conditioners come in full in the middle of winter. If, indeed, we have any power at all.

The same can be said about the USA. Is the korean peninsula the place where the USA wants to die?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I am so sick and tired of war.

Now I do mean to go off on a rant, (nod to DM) but if NK starts another war we can expect idiotic talk, plenty of reasons to raise more taxes, more BS from Washington, and THAT'S just for the people in DC supporting North Korea!

God forbid the idiots talking who support war from the other side!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

In addition to detailed news of missile preparations in Gangwon Province, Daily NK has also learned of rocket, tank and artillery units based along the East Coast from Goseong County on the inter-Korean border all the way up to North Hamkyung Province entering a combat readiness posture, meaning that vehicles and equipment are fuelled and armed, while troops have been issued with supplies. In addition, submarine crews with East Sea bases have been put on high alert, meaning they must stay with their vessels at all times.

- Source

some NK experts I am following on Twitter are actually the first time concerned about the threats issued today, because they are so concrete and 'Kim Yung Chol' read the Statement today. He's the Chief of the Reconnaissance General Bureau.

He was quoted as saying:

"US-SK joint exercises provocation," promises to unleash hell if "preparations for invasion NK" continue

If US-SK warlike provocations continue, NK will completely revoke armistice treaty, so the speech continues.

Conclusion speech: "VS and allies must not forget they stand at crossroad of fate" + "NK army and people will protect NK sovereignty"

well, let's just see what happens next.
edit on 5-3-2013 by Zerschmetterling because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Neither will be the USA... At least you guys will be killed by a dragon... It has to count as an epic ending...

That's just a little silly to suggest, isn't it?

It's like saying the U.S. can just destroy China. It's patently absurd to suggest either way. The only "Destroying" that will EVER happen between world powers will be nuclear in nature and at that point? Don't be too smug... You'll die right beside me and porbably on the same day. Doesn't matter much which nation or where on the planet you live. If the World Powers went to real war and didn't stop, New Zealand MIGHT have some survivors. Places like that.....but I doubt it. NZ has American intelligence assets too...they'd take one in the nose like everyone else, I'd be willing to bet.

So... I try to stay in the realm of what is real and actually possible to happen in the world. North Korea may be utterly destroyed ..if they start a war. In fact, CHINA may be the ones to actually do it, just to stop the U.S. from having a cheap excuse to flood Korea with troops and war supplies. I wouldn't put it past China at all for those reasons. Kim would be in for the last surprise of his life to see his Chinese masters give him a new gun. Bullets first.
edit on 5-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That is of course what I meant. We will all die. The way that sounded though is that the USA would come out on top without a scratch having taken out an army quadruple in size.

If there is a conflict in the penisula I can safely say that one of the two options will unfold.

1. The USA loses due to overwhelming and unacceptable casualties that cause massive civil unrest. Just think how your average american would react to news of sending the children go die thousands of miles away for koreans. In the modern era of soft popcorn and MTV. In this case the USA just retreats from the region.

2. The USA loses due to overwhelming and unacceptable casualties that cause massive civil unrest. Just think how your average american would react to news of sending the children go die thousands of miles away for koreans. In the modern era of coca-cola and Justin Bieber. In this case the USA retreats but not before unleashing nuclear warheads. In this case humanity dies. That includes China and the USA.

edit on 5/3/13 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Another article I found, dated yesterday:

The U.S. imperialists and the south Korean puppet forces have stepped up confrontation moves against the DPRK over its legitimate satellite launch and nuclear test. They are now staging Foal Eagle joint military exercises, kicking up war hysteria.
This has touched off the pent-up resentment of the service personnel and people of the DPRK and compelled them to harden their pledge to take thousand-fold retaliation against the enemies.
Korean People's Army Officer Ri Chol Hak told KCNA:
Foal Eagle is a drill for invading the DPRK and a drill for a nuclear war.
The war rehearsal started by the enemies despite the DPRK's repeated warnings is the height of their hostile acts against it and an open declaration of a war.

- Source

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Ahh. My bad. I took your comment to be another 'America sucks..you'll all die anyway' type of comment. So much of that lately... Anyway,. my sincere oops for mistaking your position.

I still disagree a bit in one way though. You take the tack that War would bring civil unrest and it would be a bad thing. Well, in MY mind, it's a VERY bad thing but no one asks me anything. To a national leader, there are traditionally a couple sure fire ways to QUELL, not encourage civil unrest and it's not good for us.

#1 on the list is foreign war. Not War Games like Iraq and Afghanistan where a decade of war can rage and people would not even know something was happening from America's perspective, if not told about it. I mean a war like World War II where we all feel a REAL threat and a tangible one.

If THAT can come from all this tension? All the nations having domestic problems have a major UPSIDE to any major wars breaking out. I hate being in a position where our leaders can say war is good and has real benefits, but I'm afraid they may look at it just like that.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

reply to post by Jepic

Ahh. My bad. I took your comment to be another 'America sucks..you'll all die anyway' type of comment. So much of that lately... Anyway,. my sincere oops for mistaking your position.

I still disagree a bit in one way though. You take the tack that War would bring civil unrest and it would be a bad thing. Well, in MY mind, it's a VERY bad thing but no one asks me anything. To a national leader, there are traditionally a couple sure fire ways to QUELL, not encourage civil unrest and it's not good for us.

#1 on the list is foreign war. Not War Games like Iraq and Afghanistan where a decade of war can rage and people would not even know something was happening from America's perspective, if not told about it. I mean a war like World War II where we all feel a REAL threat and a tangible one.

If THAT can come from all this tension? All the nations having domestic problems have a major UPSIDE to any major wars breaking out. I hate being in a position where our leaders can say war is good and has real benefits, but I'm afraid they may look at it just like that.

You have good point. Though in a major war nowadays someone would have to give up because if no one gives up the nukes start flying.

But I can't see the youth of the west being fit to be in a major war. Look at them. The vast majority are spoiled kids who have never faced an ounce of hardship in their lifes. How do you think they will perform against the youth of China or NK who face and know the face of struggle every day. These people live in conflict everyday.

<<   2 >>

join