It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to move to Texas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Few hundred bucks in my pocket, nothing but the clothes on my back. Stay in a motel until I get on my feet or go broke. What's my chances? 1 way ticket to the west.

I don't like to plan things out. It's more fun this way isn't it? Thoughts?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
by the way, houston or austin?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
does the motel have wifi?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annunak1

Most do now. I'm just saying, I want a fresh start. You know? I mean, doesn't anyone out there ever feel like they just want to be away from everyone and start new?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
i feel you. i had a dream last week about a hot girl who lived in texas. weird he considering i live in the Netherlands.
But i understand how you feel. Sometimes i wanna leave everything behind and start my life somewhere fresh.
I hope things work out for you

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I've done it three times, and each one ended up more successful than the last. (starting over fresh, that is) I didnt exactly live out of a hotel, though. The first two were with my sister and brother-in-law. Just up and moved to Arkansas from Mississippi without knowing anyone or anything about the town. The last one to where i live now, in Texas might I add, was with an old roommate. Again, knew nothing of the town or anyone in it.

Guess it turned out alright. I got a decent job, been married for going on two years to a girl I met here, and have aquired a few friends!

I would suggest doing it if you have patience, and the mindframe that you have nothing to lose and everything to gain! You should also have some sort of safety net to fall back on, like say, a place to come back to incase you don't find work and are on the verge of being homeless. There is nothing cool or exhilarating about starving and sleeping in a gutter.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by wondermost

hahaha exactly. Always have a plan B. Im tired of this country i need to get out get up and start fresh in a better place

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Austin; it's more classy than Houston.

What are you gonna do in 3 or 4 nights when your money runs out?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
Austin; it's more classy than Houston.

What are you gonna do in 3 or 4 nights when your money runs out?

I've never been one to hold down a job. I kinda just make money where I can. It's not like I'm going to move and look for a job. I'll move and start using craigslist and such to make money like i do now.

Also, why Austin? I'd like a beach near and Austin I think it's a 3-4 hour drive. Houston is right there.
edit on 5-3-2013 by Bacardi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bacardi

Originally posted by Annunak1

Most do now. I'm just saying, I want a fresh start. You know? I mean, doesn't anyone out there ever feel like they just want to be away from everyone and start new?

He he, great minds and all that, I just did that exact same thing.......www.abovetopsecret.com...

I didnt just up and move though, we planned it out, saved up, and our truck broke inroute, lol, it was sweet, if you you ever wanted to experience the oregon traik in real life, 45 mph from about 10 mes into illinois from indidianapolis area, all the way to Texas.

If your looking to start anew, I recommend looking into the petroleum industry, a lot of the oil field jobs pay very well, which is the reason I wanted to come out here, to break into a new sector of the economy, as my construction experience is paying oess by the day, as well as my mechanical experience. It was time to plan for the future and make a couple of tough choices.

Oh ya, the weather is fricking amazing, compared to back home. It was 80 here yesterday, back in indiana it was 38....

If you actually make the choice, and come, welcome to Texas.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Bacardi

Oh ya star and flag for ya op, nobody else gave ya one yet, though a few seemed to think your idea has merit.

I would also listen to the member that mentioned hedging your bets, and having a backup plan, just in case. Though if you got your own way of making money, you should be ok.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bacardi
by the way, houston or austin?

Well it depends. If you are more liberal minded and more of a white collar type I'd say Austin. If you are more conservative or more of a blue collar type I'd say Houston. Live a little over an hour from Houston myself and I'm a happy camper!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Bacardi

I've never been one to hold down a job. I kinda just make money where I can. It's not like I'm going to move and look for a job. I'll move and start using craigslist and such to make money like i do now.

Good luck with that...
More power to you if you can do that, but man, every week is a gamble that way.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
If you like the beach think about Corpus Christi. Oh, and maybe think about renting a room instead of a motel it would cost less.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by Bacardi

Good luck with that...
More power to you if you can do that, but man, every week is a gamble that way.

It has it's perks, but it's hard work. I can make what I would at a 40 hour job in half that time each week and enjoy the freedom of not having to answer to a boss or being told when to wake up, when to sleep, etc. I want freedom. I want to enjoy my life and not be a slave. If I want to take a day off I don't need to call in, I simply roll over and go back to sleep.

new topics

top topics

join