It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to know what happend to our species

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
History tells us that humans have always been resourceful and able to adapt to anything this planet could throw at us. Legends tell of great tribes that would dominate and push the bounds of known land. The Roman Empire, viking tribes, samurai warriors... even the first of our species were able to survive in a harsh environment with nothing but caves and fire. Great warrior cultures that would instil fear in anything, man or beast, that would dare cross them. Men and women that feared nothing, not death itself nor the wrath of gods. And then I look at modern society...

Men act like effeminate cowards looking to their propaganda for role models while women are, more often than not, forced into the dominate role in a relationship. We went from hunter gatherer to faking a smile working a job you hate until you're too damn old to care anymore. There was a time when wolves were our enemy - the ultimate killing machine. Feared... and yet, through years of careful training and breeding, we have modern docile, domesticated dogs. The point?

We as humans have become domesticated. Some would look at that term and say so what? And I would simply ask, "how many times a day does your master pat you on the head and give you a scooby snack?". People we were not meant to sit behind a computer 8 hours a day. We were not meant to live in a global structure where money is King and we the people are but mere servants. Everything told to you in this "modern" society is meant to make you docile, domesticated and a servant to your master... much like we did to wolves thousands of years ago.

Humanity has conquered everything on this planet but itself. We are not the men and women that our ancestors were. To be honest, I'd wager, that if the lights went out tomorrow, more than half the population would simply vanish. This is not evolution, this is domestication.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I can agree with your sentiments here.
Mankind has managed to thwart evolution and the weak are spreading over the Earth, at least in advanced nations anyway.

All the weak and stupid humans who previously would not have lived past childhood are now making it to adulthood and raising weak stupid children of their own.

Don't worry about it too much though, there are many genetically superior specimens left to advance the species after the next great culling occurs.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
you are right. to put it simply.

our ancestors were "too good" at what they did. we got too far ahead of the game we had to fill our lives with silly things that have now become the prime driver for living. if people werent behind their desks 8 hours a day i doubt many people would know what to do with their time. probably sit in front of the boob tube from wake til sleep.

back when you had to WORK to survive our days werent full of monotanous tasks to get by the day. you worked because there was work to be done. if the sun was up, the mind set was "what can i get done, what needs to be done". today its more like "ugh, i have to be at work to make my paycheck. who cares if i dont get anything accomplished?"

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Bacardi

We have become domesticated farm animals who slave in the field all day to buy a ipad, car and a house. Cave men didnt do this. This system started when men began to realise that using slaves was better than doing the work themselves. Not longer after that the money system came into being the perfect control mechanism overthe slaves. See how it can happen?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

That is the point right there. People used to work for themselves because they had to. It was survival. And there is nothing wrong with working to survive. I look at society and I ask, "what is the point"? To earn worthless paper so I can buy trinkets? But see it goes beyond that. Society is forced. You do not opt in to society. You are in society or society puts you in a cage. You cannot choose to work for yourself without working for someone else first. Government has made this so. This domestication proves that only a handful make it past the rat race to be what they were meant to be - free human beings.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Times have changed, pushed by an agenda. For some reason, a certain group of people are hell bent on ruling the world and the inhabitants of it. Look at movies, for example. Look how women are starring in roles that men dominated. Now you see women running the show, and men taking orders from them. That's just 1 example how the system has taken the WARRIOR spirit out of men. Now-a-days ladies are the "men" of our times. Ain't nothing wrong with women running things...but, let's not go overboard with it. You know, like the girl who recently tried out for the NFL. Come on now. BE REALISTIC.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

And who is to engineer this "culling"? Who are the select few to live through it? Who dies to make this master engineer God? I'd rather side with humanity than a few inbred scum families that think they control the planet because they have wealth due to their ancestors finding a way to screw over the idiots of their day.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bacardi
reply to post by watchitburn

And who is to engineer this "culling"? Who are the select few to live through it? Who dies to make this master engineer God? I'd rather side with humanity than a few inbred scum families that think they control the planet because they have wealth due to their ancestors finding a way to screw over the idiots of their day.
Humanity has sided with those "few inbred scum families". Heck, the majority of humanity works for those very people. People got "mouths to feed".

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ShotCaller

Plenty of deer, rabbits and fish in America. Seems to me humanity chose the easy way out, many do through ignorance. You cannot blame a blind dog for walking into the wall. The game has been rigged since birth.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Bacardi

You misunderstand me.

While I don't doubt there are those who would set themselves up in that position. Their lifestyles and interbreeding have just caused their own genetic stagnation.

I was speaking of catastrophe, disease, famine. These thing happen from time to time and serve to restore the natural order of things.

Nature prefers balance, and it will get it.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Bacardi

I agree with many of your points, and understand your anger. Its refreshing though, to see through the mirage.

Just don't close an eye............

S&F

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Humanity has conquered everything on this planet but itself. We are not the men and women that our ancestors were. To be honest, I'd wager, that if the lights went out tomorrow, more than half the population would simply vanish. This is not evolution, this is domestication.

We evolved into something very domesticated, did we not?

We don't know how to do all sorts of things we could do before. We forgot those skills. So you are right, if everything went pop tomorrow we would not know how to survive. There is logically no point for us as a species to retain all that old info. Sad, but true.

EG could we build a pyramid like those Egypt now? Even with out new technology we would struggle.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by nothingwrong

We evolved into something very domesticated, did we not?

We don't know how to do all sorts of things we could do before. We forgot those skills. So you are right, if everything went pop tomorrow we would not know how to survive. There is logically no point for us as a species to retain all that old info. Sad, but true.

EG could we build a pyramid like those Egypt now? Even with out new technology we would struggle.
If things went pop tomorrow, all hell would break loose. People wouldn't even be thinking about deers and fish! They'd be thinking nearest supermarket to loot.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ShotCaller

Sorry man but if the world went to hell then all of the nice domesticated people we see every day would turn into devil dogs or zombies. The supermarket stuff would run out in two weeks then they would start starving and killing. Gangs would form of youth especially that would be the worst. Using weapons to get what they want the city would be a dangerous place for murder and rape. I've had a good think about this and its worse than the movies.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilky

If it ever came to that, that's why you take yourself deep into the wood and live off the land. Problem being, humans are the only species on this planet attracted to fire. Meaning, you're either fending off the wolves or you're attracting the looters. Sticky situation, but one which is better than living in the city during such times.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Humans became the dominant species we ae because it was survival of the fittest this is no longer the case we now have such advancements in the field of medicine that we don't have to be and that in turn has had a massive affect on our evolutionary path.

Our intelligence and brain are the only thing that we need in the modern world and that part of us will continue to evolve exponentially until we reach our full potential but physically and emotionally we are seemingly going backwards this due to all the luxuries and trappings of the world we now live in a rather sad state of affairs in my humble opinion.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Bacardi

There was a time when wolves were our enemy

We still have to fight wolves,they only changed their skin and they wear suit and tie.

I agree with your post and i have to add that since the first men walked on earth,WE were our worse enemy.The difference now is that we tamed almost all our other enemies and now we fight amongst ourselves.When i say almost we can't tame mother earth,no matter how hard we try.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Bacardi

Ha ha, you seem to know little about wolves, but I like your spirit.

Those skills aren't forgotten? There are plenty of us that know how to hunt, fish, build fire, shelter, homes, fix everyday items no one thinks to fix they just replace. Laziness has killed man. All of us do this to ourselves, and like all of us, look for something or someone other than ourselves to blame..

I truly believe if you took the most battle hardened viking, got him not to kill you for 10 mins to explain the choices we have here in our world, he would end up just like the rest of us in 5-10 years. Not because he's programmed to be like us, but because it's human nature to try to find the easiest quickest solution.

I too have much more respect for those that work for what they have, can take care of themselves and enjoy an active lifestyle, but modern technology and society are only part of the problem. The human we are today is pretty much identical to the human of 100 years ago, even a few thousand years ago. WE all want to be on top, and we all want to do the least work possible to get there. Sadly it's a large part of what makes us human.

If you really want to be a man who works for his own existence, you can. People do it, even today. It's your choice, but I bet you would choose otherwise.

No offense is meant in this at all. We all have the choice of what we do, and how we do it. We seem to mislead ourselves into thinking we don't.

I don't have an Iphone, nor a tablet. I do have this laptop yes, but I require it to keep involved in our world today. Doesn't mean I don't go out and live my life like a man. Not all of our species is overweight techno-dependent sissies.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Here ya go. This story fits.

In the tale, The Little Red Hen finds a grain of wheat, and asks for help from the other farmyard animals to plant it. However, no animal will volunteer to help her.

At each further stage (harvest, threshing, milling the wheat into flour, and baking the flour into bread), the hen again asks for help from the other animals, but again she gets no assistance.

Finally, the hen has completed her task, and asks who will help her eat the bread. This time, all the previous non-participants eagerly volunteer. However, she declines their help, stating that no one aided her in the preparation work, and eats it with her chicks, leaving none for anyone else.

The moral of this story is that those who show no willingness to contribute to an end product do not deserve to enjoy the end product: "if any man will not work, neither let him eat.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by nothingwrong
EG could we build a pyramid like those Egypt now?

Yes, we could.

Even with out new technology we would struggle.

We would not struggle at all. Its estimated that if we were to build the great pyramid today it would require 3 million cubic yards of concrete. This is nothing compared to what it took to build the Panama Canal.

In just the American phase of the construction (1903-1914) a total of 238,845,587 cubic yards were excavated. In 1907, men were moving 1,000,000 cubic yards every month. Three million cubic yards pales in comparison.

We actually have better technology today to build it than they did back then, that is if the theory of building the great pyramid is correct. No need for Aliens that for sure

Its believed the Great Pyramid has lazer precision cuts, well we have the technology to do just the same.

Scource

OP, such a great mind opening and inspiring thread. I like your mind, resonates with my own

S&F for sure

Be safe be well

Spiro

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join