It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Party Too Extreme, Majority Of Americans Say: Poll

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

For the first time, a majority of Americans now say the Republican Party is too extreme, according to a poll released Thursday by CNN/ORC.

Fifty-three percent of people, including 22 percent of Republicans, said the GOP's views and policies have pushed them beyond the mainstream. The number is up dramatically from previous years. In 2010, fewer than 40 percent thought the party was too extreme.

Democrats were considered to be a "generally mainstream" party by 57 percent in the new poll.

"That's due in part to the fact that the Republican brand is not doing all that well," said Keating Holland, CNN's polling director.

Americans also say that they have far more confidence in President Barack Obama than in congressional Republicans, and that Republicans should compromise more in finding bipartisan solutions.

Source

This is kind of where the "Rubber hits the Road" and by that I mean? What is the point in suggesting that the Republican Congress is engaged in supporting the will of the people?

In a way it means that the most folks in the US have stoped caring about what Republicans think.

edit on 4-3-2013 by Kashai because: added and modifed content

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

It could actually present that Republicants experience paranioa like in the case of McCarthyism

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Yep.

Who would have thought those old folks would die and those kids would grow up.

Who knew?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The seeds that were planted in the 60's are starting to bear fruit. Power to the people.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I don't care for the Republican establishment, but there is one party whose aims have been to undermine every aspect of the nation's founding values and the policies that made it successful. Myself,I would call those aims extreme and borderline treasonous. It's not the Republicans.

If supporting the Constitution, civil liberties, personal responsibility, privacy rights, self reliance, and the right of the people to protect themselves makes me "too extreme", call me very proud to be called "extreme".

Also, OP, you catch the recent story about the left wing whisteblower who came out saying that CNN does fake stories for money? Inc possibly from the Obama Whitehouse?
This wasn't coming from Breitbart or Rush Limbaugh but from lefties who actually have principals. Something the vast majority of libs seem to have easily cast off once they had a sniff of power.

www.filmsforaction.org...

Be careful with your sources. CNN is more laughable to anyone with a few braincells than FOX is to liberals.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
I don't care for the Republican establishment, but there is one party whose aims have been to undermine every aspect of the nation's founding values and the policies that made it successful. Myself,I would call those aims extreme and borderline treasonous. It's not the Republicans.

If supporting the Constitution, civil liberties, personal responsibility, privacy rights, self reliance, and the right of the people to protect themselves makes me "too extreme", call me very proud to be called "extreme".

Also, OP, you catch the recent story about the left wing whisteblower who came out saying that CNN does fake stories for money? Inc possibly from the Obama Whitehouse?
This wasn't coming from Breitbart or Rush Limbaugh but from lefties who actually have principals. Something the vast majority of libs seem to have easily cast off once they had a sniff of power.

www.filmsforaction.org...

Be careful with your sources. CNN is more laughable to anyone with a few braincells than FOX is to liberals.

If you're saying that Republicans support Civil Liberties, Privacy Rights, and Self Reliance then you should do some stand up comedy.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
This is exactly why I stopped self-identifying as a Republican some years back. The "all or nothing", "Either you're with us or against us" absolutism involved in their approach. It's like a cult. There is no room for individual thought or opinion in the party anymore. There's a checklist and if one doesn't conform to every single box on that list? Then that person is shunned, ridiculed, and called any number of names - including traitor.

It's so bad these days that if one says "I have Republican tendencies, but don't think abortion is an abomination" or "I don't mind my taxes helping out the less fortunate"... the villagers quickly show up with the torches to burn that person to the ground.

What good is a party of exclusion?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Recently moved to east Texas and apparently I'm close enough to the South to hear nutjobs on the radio talking about the upcoming race wars and shooting federal agents. The most racist, sexist, insane things are on the airwaves here in the name of being "un-PC"

I have always been anti-government but I certainly can't side with these inbred jackasses either

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

To complain about the "libtards" you run to a communist. Priceless.

the communist is warning of communists in america.
AKA the democrat party.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Kind if ironic that you call Liberals baby killers, when it was a Conservative administration that sent 3,000 kids to die in a war that was purely fabricated under false pretenses.

actually, 95% of the democrat party voted for those wars.

how many people died in vietnam mr. democrat?
edit on 4-3-2013 by bjax9er because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

A reason Barrack Obama is today President to the United States is because people were willing to wait for hours in line's, with respect to states. Where Republican leaders attempted to suppress the vote of people who would support him as President.

Why would you need to suppress a vote if the person you wish to vote for makes sense???

A reason Barrack Obama is today President to the United States is because people were willing to wait for hours in line's, with respect to states. Where Republican leaders attempted to suppress the vote of people who would support him as President.

Why would you need to suppress a vote if the person you wish to vote for makes sense???

Is is because you think the majority is irresponsible???

There is a phrase for that its called a “Slippery Slope”

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er

Originally posted by muse7

Why do conservatives resort to name calling so fast?

maybe because conservatives are tired of being called,

extreme, or
racist,
right wing nut jobs
homophobic
bigots
when we are none of these.

but hey, at least we are not baby killers...

what libtards don't like being called libtards?

woe is me...

The United States Supreme Court did a compete investigation before they made there decision in respect to Roe vs. Wade. In relation to there findings, in consideration, was the conclusion that a rather large amount of people in Death Row were unwanted pregnancies. When the issue is when your going to kill them what do you do????

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
Recently moved to east Texas and apparently I'm close enough to the South to hear nutjobs on the radio talking about the upcoming race wars and shooting federal agents. The most racist, sexist, insane things are on the airwaves here in the name of being "un-PC"

I have always been anti-government but I certainly can't side with these inbred jackasses either
Oh I sure hope that you haven't found yourself in the deep piney woods!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

A poll taken from CNN is not a credible source. Try again. hahaahaha

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

I am going to have to ask you to substantiate that whole Death Row inmates were unwanted Pregnancies as discovered by the Supreme Court bit. Never heard that one before.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join