It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mild Earthquake hits Rome and Papal Residence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Alright .. this is odd. A mild earthquake hit Rome and also Castel Gandolfo where Pope Benedict now resides. This happened on Sunday, when all the Cardinals were arriving at the Vatican from around the world. And from what I'm reading, the last time an earthquake hit Castel Gandolfo was last summer, when Pope Benedict was there for the summer (something Popes do .. get out of Rome for the Summer and head to Castel Gandolfo).

I know .. I know .. sometimes a cigar is just a cigar and sometimes an earthquake is just an earthquake. But between the lightening strikes, and St. Malachy's prophecy, and the resignation .... this earthquake and it's timing seems odd. Oh ... and lets not forget that the Queen of England, whose family has been at odds with the Catholic church for centuries, was supposed to be in Rome at this time but she had to cancel due to a 'stomach flu'. Now why would the Queen of England be arriving in Rome at the same time as all the Cardinals from around the world ....

My paranoid conspiracist mind is working overtime on all this!
It's excellent ATS fodder ...

Anyways, I put this in 'other current events' .. because it's so strange I didn't know where else to put it.

Lightening Does't Strike Twice or does it?

Lightning doesn't strike twice. Or does it?

Various Italian news sources reported Sunday that a mild earthquake had struck Rome and surrounding areas, including Castel Gandolfo, the former pope's temporary home.

According to the Agence France-Presse, the earthquake had a local magnitude of 2.5and was felt in Rome, Ciapino, Marino and Castel Gandolfo.

Huffington Post - Earthquake strikes Castel Gandolfo - Pope Emeritus Home

Then, as now, some people speculated as to whether the act of nature was really a divine message. On Sunday, Italia Domani asked whether the earthquake wasn't a sign for the cardinals who will soon be choosing a new pope.

Castel Gandolfo, a small town a few miles outside Rome, has been a longtime summer retreat for pontiffs, reports NBC News. In July 2012, a 3.6-magnitude, 6-mile-deep tremor was felt by then-Pope Benedict while he was vacationing at the retreat, according to the National Catholic Register

edit on 3/4/2013 by FlyersFan because: fixed link

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
So, let me ask, what exactly do you think it means? Do you think there is any significance to it?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTsiyr
So, let me ask, what exactly do you think it means? Do you think there is any significance to it?

I have no idea if it means anything. I'm just finding it freaky strange.

Lightening ... earthquakes ... a resignation of a religious leader of a billion people ... stories of good vs evil at the Vatican ... cardinals who murdered PJPI and performed a satanic ritual ... Others who fully believe in God and Christ and are deeply prayerful ...

It's like a giant clash of things in the physical and metaphysical world. A whirlwind.

I think that many times nature around us reacts to things that are happening on the metaphysical level. Such as when Christ was murdered the earth shook ... etc etc. I wouldn't be surprised that the earth is reacting ... that it knows something is coming ....

But we don't know if it's good or bad ....

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Please don't take this the wrong way (i am after your thoughts on this) but why should there be anything "untoward" in a mild earthquake hitting an earthquake prone region? It seems like normal seismic zone activity to me but perhaps i am missing something?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Like I said .. sometimes an earthquake is just an earthquake.
But when put together with everything else .. and the timing ...
And that the last one hit when Benedict was at the papal residence as well ...
I'm just thinking it's really freaky.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

It would be very freaky.............if Rome wasn't in a seismically active area. All of Italy is prone to earthquakes, fairly regularly too (Italy is in the epicentre of the European and North African plates convergence zone - ie the Alps). Same with the lightening a few weeks ago - tallest building in area that has a lightening conductor on top (like most big buildings).

It was very funny it happened on the same day as the Pope though. At least, it certainly raised a smile in my household!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
It was very funny it happened on the same day as the Pope though.

The same day that all the cardinals in the world were going to that spot.
Really ... I mean .... put it with everything else.

When Jesus died on the cross, the earth shook and there was an eclipse OR the sun stopped shining for a few hours. Things in the physical world matched what was happening in the spiritual or metaphysical world.

I'm just wondering if some of that is happening now.
I can't prove anything, of course.
But still ...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTsiyr

We were hoping you might be able to clarify Satan's involvement in the whole fiasco.

Am I right or am I right?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Now why would the Queen of England be arriving in Rome at the same time as all the Cardinals from around the world ....

Well could it have something to do with the 700 yr old prophecy in the Zohar about the coming of the Mashiach (Messiah)?

"In the year seventy-three [2012 / 2013] the kings of the world will assemble in the great city of Rome, and the Holy One will shower on them fire and hail and meteoric stones until they are all destroyed, with the exception of those who will not yet have arrived there."

It was in that book you threw out by Tom Horn: "Petrus Romanus; The Final Pope is Here".
edit on 4-3-2013 by iwan2ski because: Link added

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I think it's interesting . . . at least mildly interesting.

Who knows when the subtle carries a not so subtle meaning?

Better to at least notice and ponder than to whistle on by in denial, imho.

Besides, there are whole cultures that put enormous stock in such subtle 'omens.'

I don't know that they are 100% always wrong.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Certainly sounds like things are comming to a head.
Biblicly and temporally, the prophecies converge on this current era....
Father malachi Martin also had things to say,
About the third secret of Fatima,
About the three days of darkness that are about to occur.....
About the dark passage which the church is making....the control of the church by the Deciever etc.
The lightning strike, the earthquake are reminders from on high to those who are gathering for the selection process.....
A reminder as to who they are pledged to serve, and who they are bound to in secret.
The warning is explicit....
Whom do you serve?
The creator or the destroyer.?
Now will follow further defamatory revelations of church finances and sexual perversity.
The total defamation of perhaps all of christianity,(the scandals of various christianleaders and sects will be revealed to the public,
This will sifficiently defame christians that they will be shunned, persecuted and even killed and imprisoned.
The tumultuous and deadly end times scenario is building in exactly the way in which prophecy has dictated....
International alliances, Finances,Goverments policies etc.....all moving in predicted patterns.....
Suely denial is getting impossible for those of us who are watching with open eyes....
Yes i am agnostically inclined but the pictureseems to have been painted long ago at tmes....
I am waiting for the guy to get shot in the head, and come back to life now......
The two witnesses to start preaching in Jerusalem,
The three days of Darkness of Father Malachi....
The Patriot Act, and the Healthcare act will be the nail in the coffin of enslavement for Americans......
Look ahead people,
First they pass the NDAA.....simultaneously they put DRONES in the sky of America.
What does this mean to your freedom,?
Your right to worship your own God?
Your right to speak?
Thre plug is about to be PULLED!
Both, spiritually, and temporally.......nuff said.

edit on 4-3-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Now why would the Queen of England be arriving in Rome at the same time as all the Cardinals from around the world ....

Well could it have something to do with the 700 yr old prophecy in the Zohar about the coming of the Mashiach (Messiah)?

"In the year seventy-three [2012 / 2013] the kings of the world will assemble in the great city of Rome, and the Holy One will shower on them fire and hail and meteoric stones until they are all destroyed, with the exception of those who will not yet have arrived there."

It was in that book you threw out by Tom Horn: "Petrus Romanus; The Final Pope is Here".
I know you didn't care for what he said about the Marian Prophecies, but that was only a small part of the whole book. "Don't throw the baby out with the bath water" so to speak. As I said before, the book was full of great resources and even if you do not agree with some points, there are a lot more that you may have agreed with.

I personally don't believe or disbelieve anything. I do however, observe everything that I come upon and wait to see how it fits in the grand puzzle. If the piece fits then I look to see how many other pieces fit with it, if it doesn't then I put it off to the side (not throw it out), for I never know if one day I may need it.

Edit: This post was meant to be an edit to my post above instead of a new post, just in case it confused some readers.

edit on 4-3-2013 by iwan2ski because: See Edit:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Now if a huge earthquake causes the entire building to collapse on top of all those Cardinals, that would be a sign! I suppose anyway.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
it means a centuries-old prophecy/plan is coming to fruition. it means a convergence of historical graph-plots at one moment in history. it means the times, they are a-changin'.

or it means nothing at all.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by iwan2ski

I know you didn't care for what he said about the Marian Prophecies, but that was only a small part of the whole book. "Don't throw the baby out with the bath water" so to speak. As I said before, the book was full of great resources and even if you do not agree with some points, there are a lot more that you may have agreed with.

I personally don't believe or disbelieve anything. I do however, observe everything that I come upon and wait to see how it fits in the grand puzzle. If the piece fits then I look to see how many other pieces fit with it, if it doesn't then I put it off to the side (not throw it out), for I never know if one day I may need it.

Edit: This post was meant to be an edit to my post above instead of a new post, just in case it confused some readers.

edit on 4-3-2013 by iwan2ski because: See Edit:

In all my years on ATS this was one of the most wise and solid pieces of advice I've heard.
I can see several members in this thread alone who would do well to head this advice.
Unbelieveable how many people are so fearful of learning anything they dont already know.
Anything that threatens the way THEY think the universe should work according to THIER own deeply held firmly planted beliefs.

sad.
edit on 4-3-2013 by GeneralChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by iwan2ski

Parts of the book were good. But the whole thing on the marian prophecies was too much for me. It ran all through the book. It was like sifting through a bunch of muck to get to the good stuff. ... just to irritating for me.

The Zohar prophecy was part of the good stuff.
Thanks for the reminder.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I'm about half way through Petros Romanus by Cris Putnam and Tom Horn.

I find their research exhaustive and meticulous.

I find their reasoning quite logical and apt.

I certainly think that the vast bulk of their findings and conclusions are either right on the money or are at least well worth pondering.

I don't know that one lightening strike confirms a whole lot. However, with dozens of other puzzle pieces . . . such displays are getting curiouser and curiouser!

The whole business about the evils in the Roman structure has been so distasteful to me--a Pentecostal Protestant, I've avoided it. However, I listened to Putnam and Horn on C2C and realized that I could no longer afford to ignore such issues and factors if I was going to do my WATCHMAN ON THE WALL duties at all seriously.

I'm glad I have it and am very glad it's well done.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by iwan2ski

edit on 4-3-2013 by iwan2ski because: Link added

Now they call them Rod from God AKA USA
Maybe it the increase of Meteor (Russia)
Three day of drakness C/2012 S1 ISON

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The earthquake was caused by the antimatter bomb they're experimenting with deep below Vatican City... ;-)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Locusts Plaque hits Egypt Ahead of Passover

As a reminder to those who thought the account related in the Passover Haggadah might have been an exaggeration – think again. Millions of locusts have swooped down in a swarm from the sky on to the land of Egypt.

The locust plague struck over the weekend in the Giza region, home to a cluster of famous pyramids, according to reports in Arab media.

Officials estimated that at least 30 million of the insects have swarmed on to the fields and farms about 15 miles southwest of Cairo. The locust swarm is causing massive damage to agriculture in the area, Alwatan News reported.

Yep ... freaky.

top topics

join