It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cardinal O'Brien Sorry for Sexual Misconduct

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Cardinal O'Brien Sorry for Sexual Misconduct

www.bbc.co.uk

Cardinal Keith O'Brien, the former leader of the Catholic Church in Scotland, has admitted his sexual conduct has at times "fallen beneath the standards expected of me".

He apologised and asked forgiveness from those he had "offended".

In a statement, he also apologised to the Church and the people of Scotland.
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.wnd.com...
www.theaustralian.com.au...
www.newser.com...
edit on 3-3-2013 by merkins because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I searched but was amazed to find no trace yet of this story yet on ATS. Apologies if someone has indded already raised this, it broke about five hours ago, bu

The bit hat gets me angry is that this sexual predator thinks it's fie if he just gives an apoogy for offending peope. So on some level he still feels he is not to blae and hasn't abused anyone but merely engaged in sexual conduct.

This monster thinks he can now just retire quietly away into obscurity no damage done.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I bet hes sorry.......... Sorry he got caught.

I almost hope Christianity is right just so all these dodgy ass priests, bishops, cardinals etc get exactly what they deserve in the afterlife.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
What's wound me up so much about this is that he says he's sorry for misconduct and offending people only. He is not stating that he is sorry that he used his position to become a sexual predator of priests. He's still in denal on some level. And from a man so against gay marriage and who could only admit to wrondoing once the these particular victims identities had been made known to him, my thoughts on hat are, that he has committed so many offences that he only admitted to when knowing the accuser. How many more victims remain silent?

Where is his remorse for his actions and the pain and anguish he caused his victims? These elites whether in the clergy, business or politics are demonstrating more and more that they do not live in the same world as the rest of us, and don't believe the same laws and morals should apply to them.

As an aside: I believe there is a coup de tat underway in that church and TPTB are now using blackmail against those in their way. Which I find surprising as I'd assumed tat all churches of the world had already been hopelessly corrupted thetefore negating the need for a coup.

But perhaps the things in motion now are merely the realisation of one of the illuminatis original goals - to destroy mainstrem religions, most particularly the Catholic Church (though for more noble causes than the new usurped illuminati) Maybe the NWO now feels sufficiently safe and sufficiently far a long in their global plans that the time is right to start calling in their chips and as a result theynare flicking through their extensive blackmail files

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by merkins

My favourite bit was where he admitted he lied because it was an anonymous accusation and he only came forward and quit when the priest was known.

What a scumbag

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Yep you're dead right about that.

There's meant to be a lenghty article in'The Observer' newspaper in the Uk, about what acts he's been accused off. Can't seem to find it now though.

Im know expert on religion but isn't there something about not needing churhes to worship or commune with god. And that you can practice your religion from home must.

The more I think about this the more it seems he was blackmailed a long with the pope because of the dirty pictures hey had of both men. If the NWO really is stepping up their campagn to destroy the vatican then we ave more to woory about sooner than expected.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by merkins

I'd be happy to take his apology and I'd even consider it sincere ..... if given from inside a prison cell. Who made him above the law? He has served God, that doesn't MAKE him a God. He ought to pay by man's law for being a predatory scumbag, in my personal opinion.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by merkins

I think the reason why this isn't all over ATS, is that sexual molestation / covering up sexual scandals is pretty much expected of the clergy these days.

Every five minutes one or more of the insidious bastards are being nabbed for it, or covering it up!

Do they teach them how to get away with crap like this for years in seminary school or something?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Grab your ankles cardinal...let my big buddy bubba show you his version of "sorry".

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Yep I think they are all scumbags as well as rapists and pedos.

I've said it before and I say say it again. Humans haven't yet evoled to live in societes larger than 150. Below that limit of the number of people is so small that everyone could have personal relationships with everyone else. Criminals psychopaths rapists, and work shy would be found out very quickly. And it could possibly go a long was to eradicating pyschathy in the gene pool. If these people were exhiled or killed without the chance to procreate a better world would emerge. But of course tht's a type eugenics, and I'm against that.

I don't think you get to any kind of high position in any institution, church, business, or government if they don't have some serious blackmail material against themu. I've heard that some orgs deliberately set up a new member for a heinous cime and often making them perfom it themselves to get in the same boat as them, all weighed dwn as it is with their crimes.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I wholeheartely agree but unfortunately I struggle to see it happen. I mean why isn't he already in custody.

Normally he'd get pensioned off to live a life of obscurity but luxury also. But who knows, maybe the NWO. needs significant heads to roll, before embarking on their next move.T

Edit: can someone track down the newspaper with all the specfic details and accusations within the article. I think it may be 'the observer'. I'm off to bed. The reaction from the rest of the world will be interesting to see tomorrow

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Wow, Cardinal O'Brien...thanks for being "sorry"...that just means SO much cuz we all know that saying "Sorry, guys!" ALWAYS makes everything better and takes back the damage done by "sexual misconduct"!

As someone who was raised in the Catholic church half the time (by my mother) and in the Southern Baptist church the other half of the time (by my father)...I still just just don't feel a bit of forgiveness towards any sexual predators especially those who harm children or adults through positions of power. As a supposed spiritual leader of a congregation, it is a betrayal and the worst and most insidious sort of sin and crime committed not only against the "flock" but against God to be in a position of religious authority and to use it to break the law of man and God in order to serve your own sick "needs" and in turn, harm everyone who trusted you and was hurt and damaged by you. So, for all these "spiritual leaders" who commit atrocious sins against God and those who look towards them for guidance in faith, their sorries mean less than nothing. If taking a life through murder and/or suicide are unpardonable sins, then surely the sexual abuse of others must be considered an unpardonable sin because sexual abuse is simply another way of killing someone, just from the inside out by breaking their spirit and ripping apart their souls and leaving them shells of the people that they once were.

This makes me so angry...he's "sorry" for his "misconduct". Those words are worse than saying nothing at all because the word misconduct makes light of the sexual abuse of others and sorry just doesn't begin to cut it. The men that commit these sins better get busy praying and hope that God is forgiving as they say He is because if He isn't, these sickos are gonna burn and it'll serve them right for what they did.

edit on 3/3/2013 by jcutler12888 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/3/2013 by jcutler12888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jcutler12888

It's like he's saying.

Yep you got me, good one. I hold my hands up to it. I admit to using my position of superiority and power to abuse those without power. But it's ok now beause I have apologised to them via the media fr any offence I've caused. This man clearly still as no clue. Forcing oneself on another is not something that is offensive. It's something criminal that leads to life long trauma, a shorter life span and often the victims suicide.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by merkins

EXACTLY. That's EXACTLY what he's saying! It's like, "Okay, ya got me! Well, I'm sorry. Let's all move on now..."

Seriously, you couldn't be more right. Life-long trauma and damage to the psyche, shorter lifespans due to stress from dealing with the trauma destroying victims' bodies or turning to self-destructive means to deal with the pain which eventually destroy their bodies and so many other reasons, and MANY victims commit suicide whether soon after or years and years after.

It's an unforgivable sin in my book.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
That reminds me of this guy.

Lol

edit on 4-3-2013 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by merkins

Cardinal Keith O'Brien, the former leader of the Catholic Church in Scotland, has admitted his sexual conduct has at times "fallen beneath the standards expected of me".

He apologised and asked forgiveness from those he had "offended".

Oh, ok then....good boy. Go play with your toys Keith.... NOT.
I'm still for stringing them up...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Chuggy says it best everybody knows, even cardianl o brien

www.youtube.com...
edit on 4-3-2013 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Isn't forgiveness one of the main proposals of Christianity? Isn't that the whole point of Christianity? If you're truly sorry, so they say, then the Church can't really condemn Mr. O'Brian. Isn't it their duty to offer forgiveness and sanctuary to those who sin?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

This is a common misconception I hear quite often.

It is a gross oversimplification leading many to believe that things like "deathbed confessions" hold any weight.

We are to forgive one another, however there is nothing stating that this forgiveness be unconditional. There needs to be some form of atonement involved (NOT revenge) so as to keep with the teachings that we are to love one another as we love ourselves.

Intentionally harming another human being simply shows that there is a complete absence of love. One is only thinking about themselves. A hollow request for forgiveness without even trying to own up to past mistakes or correct them again is only thinking about oneself.

To break this cycle, one has to demonstrate that they truly mean what they say when they ask for forgiveness, and when this happens, we are not to harden our hearts so much that we are unwilling to accept it.

So far I am of the same opinion as many, that these erstwhile clergy leaders who are coming forward are only sorry that they got caught, and seem to have a clear conscience about the crimes they have committed over the years.

It will take much, much more than that to demonstrate where their hearts really are and when they do then we can discuss forgiveness.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

But he demonstrated no remorse for his sins until it became obvious he could no longer deny them. Even then he's only sorry for upsetting people not for the acts of sexual predation.

The church was also guilty of not protecting or standing up for the 4 priests who have so far come forward with tales of abuse. The guy is not sorry about what he did, just sorry he got caught. The forgiveness you speak of requires the sinner to genuinely be sorry. Quite clearly he is not nor ever will be sorry for he abuse and torture he's put people through.

If hell exists there should be a special place for this kind of evil. This guy appears to be gay by his sexual activities yet he condemns gay members of public and is against gay marriage.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join