It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Government: Possibly Leaked Alien Crash Footage From 1987?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Can anyone identify the helo ? Doesn't look like a Lynx (though the vid is very poor quality), sounds more like a Bell turbine ?

Sure its not a Mygyver or A-team episode ?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Looks like im wrong about the type of helicopter.

So what do you think then? Seem like a long way to go if its an elaborate hoax. We have helicopters, people in what looks like containment suits and also what looks like army transports. Maybe there is a perimeter set up farther out.

If its a hoax then its an expensive hoax!

edit on 3-3-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Not saying your wrong at all mate, it is very grainy.

Seems strange to have a tent, a helo, NBC suits but no perimeter cleared. Very bad security so from that I would have to wonder as to the authenticity. As you say though an expensive fraud if it is one.

Some training exercises do have observers who watch and record for debriefing later. It is a curious one.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Yet another video that fulfills the same out-of-focus-and-shakey UFO hoax as far as I can see.

The helicopter looks lik a Eurocopter “Squirrel” AS350.

The only thing in focus was the grass, which does not look like anything from the UK – too reed like for the hilly terrain.

I addition, in 1987 video cameras were quite large, yet it looked like someone pracing around with a smartphone.

Someone is having a laugh at the expense of people who think that this is factual.

Regards

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
as usual it's nothing but fluff on ATS, I have been reading threads on here for many years now and not seen one single scrap of evidence alien beings have ever visited Earth.

They are training for an emergency.
edit on 3-3-2013 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Ditto on training. The helicopter hovering and flaring above the action is for realism in training. To get the participants in suits used to the idea of hi winds of landing helos on the integrity of their suits.

For one.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
1 videoman 'hiding' in the grass with someone else and all the while there is a chopper almost above.

edit on 3-3-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
There are a number of problems with this video.

The description at disclose.tv proclaims

This is footage that the UK Government thought wouldnt get leaked, but why they imbedded it in a secret webpage is a link to disclosure. This is as good as it gets.

www.disclose.tv...

Really? - so where is this secret webpage the government embedded it in?

There are no aliens and no UFO is clearly visible in the video either.

If it's amateur video then in 1987 home video camera were bulky things and you'd expect to see the speckles and lines of aged video tape. The video quality looks filtered by software to be honest.

How do we know this is the UK, how do we know it's a UFO recovery operation? And did a UFO even crash in 1987.

We have this story from Hucknall in Nov 1987

www.paranormalnetwork.co.uk...

Another from the East Midlands in Oct 1987

fierycelt.tripod.com...

Seems too green to be the late autumn/early winter in Britain even if we believe the footage is what it claims to be.

Looks like it was filmed in a cow field and that's the aroma this video is giving off if you ask me.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
What a load of old tosh!

As some have already mentioned...the helio, the grass, even the 'humvies'.....the white tent, even for '87!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Hmm apart from everything else my biggest 'red flag' is this...

You have 2 guys ducking and running while filming military operations at a 'UFO crass recovery' hiding only a few feet in, and behind about 2 foot high grass.

And none of the military guys hanging around saw these guys at all? at what 30-40 feet distance... I mean come on.

Its like some cartoon where the characters are trying to be stealthy and are running around holding a leafy branch up in front of their faces.

And that guy in the beige jacket... that's one damn TINY camera for '87 having lived through the 80's and the introduction of vid cams those things where HUGE, heck the one we owned around that time was a foot long. And photo cameras where still pretty bulky with proper lenses. Might have been a throw away camera but heck, looks more like a cellphone to me, even the way he's holding it.

'87 my ass.
edit on 3-3-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
Looks legit except for the part of WHERE ARE THE ALIENS OR THE UFO!?!?!?!

This could be a drill or ANY KIND!

NOTHING at all to show that this was any other sort of drill regarding perhaps chemical or biological compounds.

edit on 3-3-2013 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

Personaly my instincts tell me this video is suspect.

The men in dark or black clothes are the 'security' team, there's NO WAY that circling helicopter would not have alerted the ground team to the presence of the men on the hill, not a chance.

The fact that nobody from a supposedly ultra-secret UFO/ET recovery or investigation team rushed up that hill to intercept the men supposedly filming this video speaks volumes.

The video clip we see runs for 1:25 minutes...there is no chance that amount of time would have elapsed without action being taken towards those men on the hill, when the camera zooms out fully, you can see they are not far from the scene, perhaps only a 150 -200 feet. The soldiers would have been on the men on the hill in seconds, but they didn't.

What other super secret outfit would do that? None.

Not saying they would have killed the men or anything, but they would have certainly apprehended, searched and interrogated them, followed by threats and coersion to keep their mouths shut.

And i agree, the actual quality of the video appears as though it's contemporary, trying to appear as though it's from the early video tape era of the late 80's.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

I dunno....What I do know is that mobilephone manufacturers should include a chapter in the manual ....how to succesfully record your own film.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
i think whatever the video is, it's been treated after recording to simulate the absolutely terrible image quality. difficult to see any detail whatsoever unfortunately.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

Think the camera the beige jacket guy has could have been a small stills camera, or as you say, possibly a Fuji or Kodak disposable (brought out 1986 and 1987 respectively).

But the guy taking the video, would have had a camera that would have been huge for the time...my mates Dad had one, it was massive.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN
Interesting- However the Video almost looks "cell shaded" or someone has used filter over the video like "stained glass" on photoshop lol.
I would imagine that in a recovery situation they would have a competent cameraman and the equipment to allow ore than "shapes" to be recognized.

-Not saying it isnt the real deal (I have no clue-) but my thoughts are that it is not.

Gotta use that thinking power in your brain here my friend. If the alleged camera man was part of the "recovery" team, he wouldn't be hiding in the grass.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

Think the camera the beige jacket guy has could have been a small stills camera, or as you say, possibly a Fuji or Kodak disposable (brought out 1986 and 1987 respectively).

But the guy taking the video, would have had a camera that would have been huge for the time...my mates Dad had one, it was massive.

What the jacketed guy has is not all that small. What the videocam man had on the other hand need not be that big for that time. All the while though, the pictures look to be deliberately pixelated. The only thing that might be identifiable is the helicopter, with large horizontal stabilisers nearer the middle of the body, rather than nearer the tail...anyone?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
There does appear to be smoke at 0:09 seconds, unless that's the tent?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

You have to be Just kidding Just Chris.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

I've been tuning into UK lingo lately, the other day I learned 'posh' for the first time and now 'tosh.' Lol

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Originally posted by MysterX

What the jacketed guy has is not all that small. What the videocam man had on the other hand need not be that big for that time. All the while though, the pictures look to be deliberately pixelated. The only thing that might be identifiable is the helicopter, with large horizontal stabilisers nearer the middle of the body, rather than nearer the tail...anyone?

The helicopter could be a Gazelle.

I'll look for images and what was in issue at the time. The colour seems off though...it's a yellow/orange colour in the clip, but British colours would have been green or grey.

I'll have a poke around.

Well, it seems the SAS and SBS were merged the same year this clip is supposed to be from, into a regiment called the UKSF (United Kingdom Special Forces).

Their Aviation support includes a Gazelle, NOT painted in military colours, but civilian and are changed regularly.

Aviation

The Joint Special Forces Aviation Wing provides fixed-wing and rotary-wing support to UKSF.
Four units of the Army Air Corps (AAC) and the Royal Air Force (RAF) are thought to have the task of supporting British Special Operations: 8 Flight Army Air Corps, which has four Eurocopter AS 365N Dauphin light utility helicopters and two Aerospatiale Gazelle helicopters. The aircraft are painted in civilian colours (which are regularly changed) and are rumoured to be used in counter-terrorist missions.

LINK

Their remit is varied and included:

Counter Terrorism Covert Reconnaissance Special reconnaissance Direct Action Close Protection Counter Revolutionary Warfare Reconnaissance of the deep battlespace Offensive operations in the deep battlespace Battlespace preparation in Transition To War Infrastructure disruption Capture of subjects of interest Human intelligence (HUMINT) collection Defence Diplomacy Training of other nations' armed forces

I suppose it wouldn't be a stretch to imagine these blokes wuld be called upon to provide services in the event of a downed 'foreign aircraft'.

Here's a Gazelle...looks to be close to the video helicopter.

edit on 3-3-2013 by MysterX because: added text

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join