It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bit of an odd conversation with a high ranked (ex) British military person

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I was out tonight in one of the local pubs (veterans club), and I struck up a conversation with an older gentleman (about 70+ years) who said he was once a Major General in the British army.

I was initially talking to him about the middle east conflict(s), and how I believed we shouldn't be there, but he stuck by his guns and said it was to try and bring world order and peace etc etc yada yada.

Then the conversation got a little weird.......

He said that that the reason the pope was retiring was so they could bring in a younger, stronger pope to deal with what was coming next year (2014), whatever this was, was also responsible for the American government trying to disarm its citizens.

That was it, pretty much the whole conversation, and as you all know, I am one of the sceptics round here...but there was something about this conversation that made me think....

Sorry for being so vague, but that really was the whole conversation.

I'm off to bed now...just wanted to throw that conversation into the mix to see if it sounded familiar with anyone elses tales.......

edit on 1/3/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
It sounds like alien disclosure is in store for 2014.
The need younger stronger pope to deal with the religious folks and they need to disarm those crazy armericans so they don`t start shooting at aliens when they get here and starting a war with them that we can`t win.

edit on 1-3-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Hope he was referring to full disclosure....but who knows. It could have been just his own personal opinions, with nothing to back them up.

Des

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Methinks it's just some crusty old geezer making sideline guesses like crusty old geezers do.
Just because you get old, doesn't automatically suddenly give you abilities to know stuff you didn't know when you were younger.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

and I struck up a conversation with an older gentleman (about 70+ years) who said he was once a Major General in the British army.

Im sorry, but I just cannot accept this as a reliable source of information.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I don't think anything is going to happen in 2014 besides the usual drama that we see day in and day out that makes us normal people go crazy and want pull our hair out. It will be just another typical day. Us working as robots. Same Zombies sniffing bath salts, the Apocalypse of the Sun and let's not forget about the Aliens on the moon.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I can see the headline in the Sunday Sport now:

POPE RESIGNING TO MAKE WAY FOR ALIENS

edit on 1/3/13 by Astyanax because: of tabloid terrorism.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Hmm, found this...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
were you wearing your "I want to believe" t-shirt ?

j/k

how would a brit general have inside info on the vatican and the US feds ?

what you experienced is the internet full circle

regurgitated paranoia

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Dear woogleuk,

Here is an article for you. Brietbart - Palin: Feds 'Stockpiling Bullets' in Case of Riots After Default - See more at: www.breitbart.com...

The United States is preparing for something. They are not preparing for the end of the world, they are not preparing for alien disclosure either. They are preparing for some type of survivable event. They are preparing for the fall of the western economies and it is going to be even worse than it already is. Sorry to say but the west is about to go third world and there is not a thing that can be done to prevent it. Gold will be useless.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Hmmm, more blood over Jerusalem info:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
May have to do with these two or more comet incoming

C 2012 S1
www.abovetopsecret.com...
C 2013 A1
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Good luck
edit on 1-3-2013 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Methinks it's just some crusty old geezer making sideline guesses like crusty old geezers do.
Just because you get old, doesn't automatically suddenly give you abilities to know stuff you didn't know when you were younger.

IT DOESN'T!?? Awww man! *walks away kicking a pebble*

On topic: I agree. I hope for a Carrington Event to happen (morals and ethics aside), I guess I can keep saying that I think it will happen soon. At what point do I lose credibility and have people stop listening to me?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Yep! Lets just ignore the senile old man!

It's not like Popes haven't been assassinated, and replaced for Political purposes before...

History wouldn't repeat it's self would it....?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Well, pardner, if yer liver can stand it....id hang around that pub and milk it for what its worth....a few gin and tonics after he gets to know ya.....then slip him the truth serum and get us the skinny.....
OK with that?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou

Yep! Lets just ignore the senile old man!

It's not like Popes haven't been assassinated, and replaced for Political purposes before...

History wouldn't repeat it's self would it....?

I'm wondering what I'll find if I look at your posting history regarding the 2012 apocalypse, or any other similar noise that was buzzing around that time.

You're more than welcome, of course, to start The Church of Some Old Crusty Geezer Prophet Inna Bar, because old geezers in their cups are never ever just old crusty geezers in their cups.
edit on 2-3-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Explanation: Please cease and desist with the age-ism ok thank you!

Personal Disclosure: Focusing purely on his age and forgeting that he is a British Major General [retired] is very narrow minded, highly disrespectful and completely overlooks any old boys club connections he may possess. :shk:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
THIS IS A VETERAN HEALTH ANNOUNCEMENT.

Don't fire on extraterrestrials,think about how much luck a tribal native would have against an AH64 Apache.Watch the movie "The objective" CAREFULLY and ask yourself would my stupid a## shoot at the pretty light?
Our firearms should be silent when the neighbors finally show up,just maybe to say hello.
Otherwise you might get "vipped" by grays.An FAL didn't put one down.
You may return to your normal conversation.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Explanation: Please cease and desist with the age-ism ok thank you!

Personal Disclosure: Focusing purely on his age and forgeting that he is a British Major General [retired] is very narrow minded, highly disrespectful and completely overlooks any old boys club connections he may possess. :shk:

Overlooking the fact that he's in a pub, in his cups, making claims, as well as forecasts to a complete stranger is even more sloppy minded.

The fellow next to could claim to be Napolean, or any other figure of any other rank in any other military real or imagined entirely for the fun of selling a wolf ticket to a complete stranger.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Explanation: He is old and retired and relaxed and quite possibly highly inebriated and therefor ...

Loose lips sink ships [wiki]

Loose lips sink ships is an American English idiom meaning "beware of unguarded talk".

American World War II poster by Seymour R. Goff, also known as Ess-ar-geeThe phrase originated on propaganda posters during World War II. The phrase was used in posters made by the Seagram Distillers Corporation as part of that corporation's contribution to the National Victory Effort and was used on posters by the United States Office of War Information.

And is an obvious nessessity of Operations security.

6.Assessment of Insider Knowledge: Assessing and ensuring employees, contractors, and key personnel having access to critical or sensitive information practice and maintain proper OPSEC measures by organizational security elements; whether by open assessment or covert assessment in order to evaluate the information being processed and/or handled on all levels of operatability (employees/mid-level/senior management) and prevent unintended/intentional disclosure.

Personal Disclosure: I am fully willing to take woogleuk's claim that this is a british veterans pub and that it is local to them ... at face value.

However if you require such information as to its authenticity and the reputation of its members please feel free to ask them to reveal that pubs name ok. Such data would lead us somewhere deeper possibly.

To brush of this issue off as some old guys drunk ramblings, as it seems your posts are insinuating, without any further or deeper analysis seems very poor form and I request that you apply yourself to the task of uncovering stuff rather than shoving this story under the carpet ok!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join