It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Assuming they are Real) What Are Chemtrails For?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
See if this works!

Please: the purpose of this thread is for those who believe in chemtrails to discuss what they comprise of and why they are being sprayed, with the aim of hopefully getting some sort of consensu agreement which may assist in progressing the ongoing discussion with those who say that there are no chemtrails.

A few questions that might be addressed:

Who is spraying them?
What do they comprise of?
What do they look like (specifically) and why are they visible?
What is their purpose?
and
How can we prove these assertions true?

There are plenty of other threads to argue whether chemtrails do/do not exist. So please try and keep this one on topic? The purpose of this thread is NOT to convince non-believers that they exist. It's to try and develop amongst believers a consensus opinion on them.

Assuming anyone wishes to take part that is - as a non-believer I'm largely excluded from this discussion, but I may pop in from time to time to ask a question or two for clarification etc.

I don't personally believe in chemtrails, I just wanted to kick start a disussion that may - if it stays on topic - prove informative to both beleivers and non believers.

edit on 1-3-2013 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

Good luck with this one.

What I am hearing is, "It's my ball and you can't play."

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
www.csmonitor.com...

Then Sept. 11, 2001 presented a unique opportunity to study what the sky looked like without airplanes and contrails. In the wake of the 9-11 terrorist attacks, the FAA prohibited commercial aviation over the United States for three days. That's when David Travis, an atmospheric scientist at the University of Wisconsin, Whitewater, thought to look at how temperatures might differ at temperature stations around the country.

He found that [PDF], for those three days, the average range between highs and lows at more than 4,000 weather stations across the US was 1 degree C wider than normal. In other words, contrails seemed to raise nighttime temperatures and lower daytimes ones.

But the real effect was in daytime highs, which were much higher. That would seem to indicate that, contrary to prevailing thinking, contrails might have a net cooling effect.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

I remember the day after 911. The bluest blue sky I had only seen as a young Boy Scout high in the Sierra mountains. It was beautiful.

Obviously solely as a result of the grounding of thousands of aircraft over American airspace.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
So anyone want to start the ball rolling by explaining what they think chemtrails are, and see if other beleivers agree with them?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Interesting thread you got here. I'll bite.

I believe that the trails are for two purposes.
1. Controlling the weather.
2. Warfare purposes.

I believe that this is mainly being done by the UN, the CFR, the US Military Industrial Complex, and other rich factions who lust after power, control, and, of course, money. If they damage the environment and cause deaths and disease during their efforts and endeavors, I don't think this is a concern of theirs. I believe it's seen as "All's fair in love and war".

Regarding #1: We know they are psychopaths who want to be gods. They want to control everything else, so why not the weather? Total control is what they want and harnessing the weather is just on par for the course.
Regarding #2: We know that they experimented with this during the Vietnam War, so why stop there?

Here are a few webpages and articles to back up my assumptions:
"Weather Warfare: Beware the US Military’s Experiments with Climatic Warfare"
www.globalresearch.ca...
""Owning the Weather" for Military Use"
www.globalresearch.ca...
"HAARP - New World Order Mind Control and Weather Warfare Weapon"
www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...
"A TERRIFYING LOOK AT THE CONTROL OF WEATHER WARFARE -- A LOOK AT HAARP"
www.cuttingedge.org...

War causes death after all, so why would they care who on the ground was affected by their chemical trails?
I actually don't believe they should be called chemical trails anyways. I believe that they are actually composed of small metallic particles that are made to be suspended in the air for as long as possible until they fall to the ground.
This company here may be selling material for such projects:
READE
www.reade.com...

Thanks for reading and I appreciate those who will comment on this theory and its evidence with an open mind.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
slow down global warming so the oil companies can go on raping everything

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

First thing is to realize that the word "chemtrail" is just a generic term.

Disbursing a substance or material from a plane is not a new idea. There are many different techniques and substances used. It's my opinion that depending on the material and techniques they are being used for many different purposes.

I think that they are being used in various scientific studies involving the ionoshpere, the magnetosphere, weather modification and climate change. Trace elements and gases can be used to by satellite and radar to detect wind and weather conditions. Certain materials when sprayed react with the natural systems of the earth and allow us to better detect and map the flow of energy and magnetism.

They are also being used by the military for studies of weather warfare, radar enhancement / reduction, battlefield mapping, hiding movements from satellites view.

Salts, sulfur, metals, gases and other materials each can be detected using different methods and have different purposes.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Yes, I thought about that, too.
Dimming the sun with reflective particles certainly seems feasible and realistic at first, but what they aren't considering into the equation is natural SRM that is caused by volcanic ash.
The Earth is experiencing a lot of volcanic activity lately, so what happens when natural and artificial SRM combine? I'm guessing global cooling on an extreme level.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Here's an interesting bit of data. It shows changes in the optical depth (how "clear" the atmosphere is) of the atmosphere since 1960. Notice the dramatic decrease in 1982 and 1991 which are coincident with the large eruptions of El Chichon and Pinatubo. Notice that since the recovery from the Pinatubo eruption the effects of areosols in the atmosphere has been the same as it was in the 1970s, after the eruption of Mt Agung in 1963/64. Apparently "chemtrails" aren't very effective method of SRM.

www.esrl.noaa.gov...

edit on 3/1/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

ok, it's poison.

wow, didn't know they've been doing it since the 60's

(sorry, I'm a gemini)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The bottom like is that contrail exhaust from various classes of planes DO add certain chemicals into the atmosphere that become part of what we breathe and incorporate into our bodies at a molecular level (and if parasites, at an extracellular, parasitic level).

Thus by definition, contrails can be further deduced to chemtrail via chemoanalysis, or just acknowledging that its trails of chems not cons, that are emitted.

Does the commercial and military air traffic contribute to air pollution somewhat?Absolutely. How much, remains to be shared in depth somewhere on ATS if not already in some other thread/posts.

Could cloud-seeding be considered contrails, or chemtrails? Think about it.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by KamaSutra

Could cloud-seeding be considered contrails, or chemtrails? Think about it.

The conspiracy aspect of "chemtrails" is that they are an intentional (and clandestine) effort to do...something.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I like how you left out this little tid bit:

Data are for clear-sky mornings between solar elevations of 11.3 and 30 degrees.

Also, the use of the word 'apparent' is not very strong when speaking about evidence.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

I like how you left out this little tid bit:
Pretty hard to do optical depth measurements when it's cloudy.

Also, the use of the word 'apparent' is not very strong when speaking about evidence.
Ok. How about this. If "chemtrails" are supposed to be a method of SRM it isn't working.

Oh...I see what you mean. "Apparent Transmission". Here's an explanation of that. It's a technical term for the measurement calculations.

The "apparent" transmission, or transmission ratio (Ellis & Pueschel, Science, 1971), is derived from broadband (0.3 to 2.8um) direct solar irradiance observation

www.esrl.noaa.gov...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Show me evidence where tests are conducted after the spreading "cloud" cover has been allowed to accumulate. Most mornings where I live, as well as places I've visited, have fairly clear skies in the morning until the trails disperse.
Besides, I've already commented about my thoughts regarding SRM. I don't feel like repeating myself. You and I both know that scientists and psychos have held conferences discussing SRM. Maybe you should write to them and request that they allow you to attend so you can educate them and stop them before they waste their efforts when it doesn't work anyways. I'm sure they'd check out your evidence.

Edit to Add: Thanks for clarifying why the word 'apparent' is used. I see now.

edit on 1-3-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Show me evidence where evidence is conducted after the spreading "cloud" cover has been allowed to accumulate. Most mornings where I live, as well as places I've visited, have fairly clear skies in the morning until the trails disperse.
This isn't talking about cloud cover. It's about SRM. The idea of SRM geoengineering is the dispersal of aerosols in order to reduce radiative forcing and thus reduce warming. The idea is to artificially do what large volcanic eruptions do. This chart shows that aerosol levels have been fairly constant and certainly don't approach what happens with a large eruption.

What you are talking about, contrails, actually have the opposite effect, as you pointed out in another thread. They have a net warming effect.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Forgive me, but I discussed nothing about SRM except in my reply to another poster. My original reply to this thread involved other reasons for the trails.
So, in regards to the Op's question, you believe that if the trails are indeed real that you're siding with SRM as their main purpose?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Forgive me,
Please. Forgive me. I was referring to something you posted about contrails in a different thread.

So, in regards to the Op's question, you believe that if the trails are indeed real that you're siding with SRM as their main purpose?
No. I'm not. I don't know what "chemtrails" are for. I suppose I am off topic and will depart.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I realize that I stated SRM in another thread and you were countering my global cooling assessment according to how I stated in the other thread that true contrails have been known to trap heat, but where discussing manmade contrails here, which I believe are for other purposes. Maybe they're just stating that they are going to ward off warming, but I see you don't agree with their assessment. That is important, too. It's refreshing to see you don't agree with the psychos if this is indeed what they are going to be telling everyone that this is the purpose of the atmospheric manipulations.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join