It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Booms heard in Rural area AZ, last few weeks. Tuscon reported Earthquake, but is it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I live in Arizona City. Over the last month there have been a series of loud booms here being heard by people all over town along with shaking... Today it was felt in Tuscon, and THIS PAGE shows an earthquake there, but RSOE does not.

What was heard and felt here, was to loud to be Tuscon small earthquake.

There is no fracking here. This is a rural desert community that is 5 square miles. This was reported 2 hours ago, today by multiple residents. Last week, a couple times last month as well. So very very strange.
Another thing, I have YET To hear or feel it, though people down the road from me have and all over town.
We have our own community pages on FB, and when they happen the reports come in. .. My house is very energy efficient and sound proof, but you would think I would feel the shaking too. It seems all to be on the other side of the street up the road, all the way to the end of town, and and down my the man made lake that way.
Really strange . Have seen no meteorites ..... I wonder if they are building something underground here .
At first people thought meth lab blowing up, but its happening a lot now.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Something I have witnesses is aircraft going at speeds I have never seen humanly possible. Very open sky here .
I watched one one night clear from the nothern most visible point of the sky to the southern most visible point in the sky in a matter of 2 min. Now this is wide open desert cloudless sky. Makes me wonder what they have up there and if it could be causing this.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

I live in Tempe and I felt a strange pressure wave hit me as I was riding my bicycle. I felt the air in my ears compress and heard a faint boom. This happened on 02/22 in the late afternoon. It was enough for me to stop and look around.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
www.facebook.com...

People are reporting having heard the Tucson boom that ocurred this evening in SEVERAL states!

???

I'm sorry, but I don't recall any other time in my life when there were so many of these in such a short period of time. what is going on?
edit on 28-2-2013 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I'm in Tucson and I heard a strange noise last night, very late. This morning I scoured the news for any indication of what it was and found several articles saying the same thing.

Source of "Boom" still unconfirmed

Booms rattle Tucson; source unknown

Article and News Vid about the Booms

This also happened all over the northern part of the state late last year. Mysterious Booms.

The weird part is that a lot of the reports from residents came in between 7-8pm last night. That's NOT when I heard the boom. A few comments have led me to believe there's been a lot more booms than the "one" they're reporting happened in the evening yesterday.

It was well after 1am, I didn't look at the time but I know when I went to bed. I was half asleep and I heard what seemed to be a LARGE CRASHING sound from afar. It seemed so distant that I wasn't even concerned about it being an immediate threat. What I can liken it to is two semi-trucks carrying oversized loads crashing head on with each other at 100mph. Yeah. It sounded massive.

Shortly after I heard it, I heard sirens. Then it was silent again. Weird!

In the comments, others have also said it sounded like a car crash, or that they were worried a car had crashed into their home.

I live in Tempe and I felt a strange pressure wave hit me as I was riding my bicycle. I felt the air in my ears compress and heard a faint boom. This happened on 02/22 in the late afternoon. It was enough for me to stop and look around.

Someone else also said they felt a similar "pressure wave" during the boom that happened last night. (see "Source of Boom" link above, in the comments)

And then, of course, there's THIS THREAD about a Northern AZ highway collapsing. Related? Who knows!! But it is a recent strange occurrence, all the same.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I heard my first boom yesterday. Here's the ATS Thread I also felt an earthquake, later on that night.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
We have had some booms down here in SWFL also. They were blowing up rocks and ground areas for new development areas. We also get sonic booms from military crafts.

But most likely its Aliens.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by interupt42
We have had some booms down here in SWFL also. They were blowing up rocks and ground areas for new development areas. We also get sonic booms from military crafts.

Yeah because something like this happening across multiple cities in the same night is a joking matter....

But let me guess.....Nothing to see here, move on??

Typical shill.....

I have heard these in the past also, and they are not a man made noise.....It sounded like a huge ship flying over my house! The ones I heard I made a thread about, it woke my family up in the middle of the night and the dogs were going crazy! I am in south western PA.

Thread here...... www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2/28/2013 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

Originally posted by interupt42

Yeah because something like this happening across multiple cities in the same night is a joking matter....

How many were hurt? Are the hospitals able to keep up with the demand of these horrendous booms? I have seen numerous threads of these types , yet not one incident?

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

Typical shill.....

LOL .

I know I'm crazy to suggest something more likely as a plausible cause of the sounds since we just experienced the same thing down here. People were getting freaked out and or curious including some family members of mine and then they found out it was a local developer who had the permits to blow things up within a year so he used them.

I'm not saying its a joking matter, but it appears to be a controlled thing as no causalities have been reported.

edit on 28-2-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

Have you seen any military helicopters flying low to the ground after hearing the boom? Many who have heard loud booms like this have seen military helicopters flying over the area where the boom was heard.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I live out in Avra Valley, Arizona. I cannot recall the exact time that it occurred but I do agree with the media report that the "mysterious" boom did occur between 7 - 8 p.m. on Wednesday evening. It was a sound that reminded me of a heavy truck going down the road at a high speed, however, it was way too loud for it to have been a truck. If it were a truck that caused this loud of a rumble, we would have felt it as we live on the corner of a main road and trucks that make lesser noise causes the house to shake. The sound was a rumble, like it lasted 3-5 seconds, then a pause of 2-3 seconds, then another rumble also a couple seconds long, then another pause and a third rumble for a few seconds and then there was a pause.....for maybe 15 seconds, and then another rumble, maybe 6-7seconds long. The last rumble I felt in my ears, like it was pressure, it caused slight discomfort, maybe a 2 on a scale of 1-2. My partner did not feel it in their ears. It did not shake the ground, it did not rattle the windows, there was no earth movement, but because of the weird pressure felt for a few seconds after the last rumble, I sit puzzled as to what the sound was.

Now the weird thing is that this sound occurred at the same time and stretched for slightly over 40 miles, North to South, and possibly 30 miles East to West. I found a youtube video that covers the news story. Now it's been bothering me all day as to what this noise was. It was all the talk around Tucson. The news reported this afternoon that it was a "Sky Quake", but this evening the news reported it was a sonic boom caused by aircraft from Luke Air Force Base.

www.youtube.com...

Things that make you go hmmm.....

new topics

top topics

join