It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin on Sequester: "...feds are stockpiling bullets in case of civil unrest."

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Americans are sick and tired of yet another ginned-up crisis. D.C. needs to grow up, get to work, and live within its means.

Sarah Palin, a former Republican VP candidate, has expressed her concern over the political games being played in Washington regarding the 'Sequester' on Facebook recently, while also taking the time to speculate on the recent purchasing of some two billion rounds of ammunition by the Department of Homeland Security.

If we are going to wet our proverbial pants over 0.3% in annual spending cuts when we’re running up trillion dollar annual deficits, then we’re done. Put a fork in us. We’re finished. We’re going to default eventually and that’s why the feds are stockpiling bullets in case of civil unrest.

Her tone is something one would expect to hear from someone like Alex Jones and very few other fringe conspiracy theorists, however the fringe aspect of this seems to be going the way of the buffalo lately.

I cannot find fault with her opinion on this situation, and agree that the sequester is mostly unjustifiable hype. The cuts being discussed now pale in comparison with the level of cuts our nation must endure to get back on track and address the bigger problem, the debt, but Washington wants you to think it's the end of the world.

Just how accurate is her assessment from your perspective?
For the sake of civility, the topic of this thread is Sarah Palin's Facebook post which has been linked above. Alternate source: Politico

-Sek

edit on 27-2-2013 by Sek82 because: spacing

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Wow.. Palin in the CT camp, going nutters...who would of thought.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Just how accurate is her assessment from your perspective?

I'm not sure that any assessment from her has been accurate.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

oh good
this settles it then the government is has no plans for a civil uprising..... certainly put my mind at ease hearing this from palin
(in all seriousness though regardless of what the government may or may not be planning palin really does have about as much legitimacy as alex jones ....both are just out rile up a crowd and make a quick buck)

kinda weird anyone looking for a valid opinion would go to her at this point
edit on 27-2-2013 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Perhaps the information below isn't as exciting as many hope it to be but for me who works in state government..it makes perfect sense...

Next, we reached Homeland Security spokesman Matthew Chandler who said by email that the cited quantity of up to 450 million rounds is "the quantity projected to be used over the next five years."

TextThis contract is intended to be used by all (agency) components, except" the U.S. Coast Guard, he said, which uses ammunition obtained through the Defense Department. According to a Homeland Security web page, the agency’s 20-plus components include the Transportation Security Administration, which handles passenger screening at most airports; U.S. Customs and Border Protection, entrusted with keeping terrorists and their weapons out of the country and with enforcing immigration and drug laws; U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement; and the Secret Service.

TextChandler’s email continues: "This contract is part of the department’s strategic sourcing efforts to combine multiple previous contracts in order to leverage the purchasing power of the entire department, including the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center," another Homeland Security component, "which trains nearly all federal law enforcement personnel, to efficiently procure equipment and supplies."

LINK

Actually where I work more often than not we get a chunk of money that has to be spent in a certain amount of time or our budget is cut...sounds foolish because if you shop around you can actually get a lower price on goods but because the state and government has to work through a system of negotiating contracts (limited to a few companies) you will most likely never save money...in order for DHS to get a good rate on this contract they span it out over five years..as a tax payer I'm ok with this...
edit on 27-2-2013 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I'm sure Palin is missing the lime light she once had. She's still trying to get back into the publicity scene. Maybe all that publicity money is running out. She's like the game "Whack a Mole", no matter how much you try keeping her out of the lime light, she's always keeps popping back up again.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
they should just tell the networks to allow nudity on tv, we'd never come out of our houses to notice the sequester

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I'm sure Palin made a good Alaska Governor..or so I'd heard at the time. She made for a disaster of a national candidate though and her judgement on current events hasn't improved that I've seen.

Adding to the national anxiety and stress is the job of a fear monger....I never thought of her that way. I do now. Such a shame.....

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I don't care much for Palin, but I'm afraid she's right. It's not in case of civil unrest, it's for when it happens.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
As I have stated in other threads. I have already lost faith.
So I agree, stick a fork in us, we are done.

We can quibble on the bullets issue if you want. What is a billion bullets between frends? But that doesn’t change the rest of the outstanding conditions that are leading us in the path we are heading.

There is a time you forget about trying to vote to change things , and start arming yourself for the situation that is going to come.

Considering the fact that ammo and weapons have been bought out across the country would give a good indication as to what point in that line a good portion of the US population have reached.

People are not stocking up to try and get in before any assault weapons ban, they are stocking up for war.

Wake up and smell the cordite.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Thanks for sharing your knowledge on their ordering of 450 million rounds and the reasoning behind it.

Since the writing of that, the number of rounds ordered by them has quadrupled.
What recent developments have motivated this abrupt increase? Saving money (by purchasing 1.5b more)?

Originally posted by chrismarco
Actually where I work more often than not we get a chunk of money that has to be spent in a certain amount of time or our budget is cut..

This quote highlights the wasteful spending that our Government must rein in.
Perhaps that budget needs to be cut, if we're having trouble spending it all in time?

Regards to all.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
also treaties have been signed which will bring in foreign troops to deal with this civil unrest
- like the SPP docs...

for all your rebellious tendancies you'll enjoy being put down by kanuks and Mexicallies

and the russians and the brits and prolly there is a deal to bring Iranian troops too...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Oh I welcome foreign troops here. THAT would be the best case scenario for unrest being "put down". I have as much problem with the concept of firing on other Americans as I've heard many in Police and Military circles say THEY will have firing on US. Most will probably quit before actually taking life under those particular circumstances.

Foreign troops? Oh goodie! We have over 300 million firearms in this nation. We have over 100 MILLION armed citizens and we have the tenacity, viciousness and outright casual brutality of a society raised and run on violence from cradle to grave. Literally.

So.... If the U.S. has had a hard time in Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan? Oh I can't wait to see what fun another power has trying to do anything at all in our nation. I LOVE our odds as citizens. Near 100% for long term victory in that case. Foreign troops would do well to quit their armies before even being sent here. They'll very likely die here. Simple as that.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
I cannot find fault with her opinion on this situation

The fault is purely that she is a republican stooge, in cahoots with the same people who engineered this economic crisis and foreign invasions for nothing but corporate greed!

Don't believe a word any one of them says, its carefully orchestrated lines played to the media deliberately for one end and one end only.

Make the Democrats and Obama look as criminal and complicit as possible.

it doesn't matter if what he's proposing is crucial in repairing the economy, or in solving any problems. Regardless if its the right thing to do, the Republicans will stand in front of the camera and take what ever right wing position is required to paint the president bad.

At the same time they promise to do everything's that's good and required, yet find excuses when the time comes to go against it.

politics, makes me sick.

American gullibility, is painfully disappointing.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Oh I welcome foreign troops here. THAT would be the best case scenario for unrest being "put down". I have as much problem with the concept of firing on other Americans as I've heard many in Police and Military circles say THEY will have firing on US. Most will probably quit before actually taking life under those particular circumstances.

Foreign troops? Oh goodie! We have over 300 million firearms in this nation. We have over 100 MILLION armed citizens and we have the tenacity, viciousness and outright casual brutality of a society raised and run on violence from cradle to grave. Literally.

So.... If the U.S. has had a hard time in Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan? Oh I can't wait to see what fun another power has trying to do anything at all in our nation. I LOVE our odds as citizens. Near 100% for long term victory in that case. Foreign troops would do well to quit their armies before even being sent here. They'll very likely die here. Simple as that.

35 million mexicans have already invaded your country
your guns failed
simple as that

PS
YOUR GOVERNMENT SOLD YOU OUT
it is said you get the government you deserve
pps

lol
edit on 27-2-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
with that Facebook statement, maybe it is time Palin joins ATS

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think your words have pretty much summed up anything I could possibly add, so instead.

Very eloquently stated, star for you!

Do you mind if I use the above quote at a later date, as it pretty much sums up the entire arguement quite nicely.?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Maybe the bullets will be used as currency if the dollar collapses and federal Gov't wants to be awash in the new cash?

As for Sarah joining ATS, maybe she already has. Never know.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

How did our guns fail? Last I checked we were hiring these guys from home depot parking lots to install our bathroom tiles. Not trying to shoot them.

Are we doing that now? No? Good! Just as I expected.

I think your not understanding somthing very important here, if a man walks down the road in almost any country on earth and just smacked the crap out 10 differnt people, maybe 1 or 2 would try their luck.

Same scenario, but in any place in the continental united states you want, a man walks down the road and smacks 10 men across the face. I will bet money at least 8 or 9 are gonna stomp you out where you stand, maybe even all 10.

In case you have never noticed, we love to fight and argue, we all say we dont, but honestly, if we didnt enjoy it, we woildnt be doing so much of it all the time. Almost all recreation in America is based around violence of some type, hell even our athletes in jon contact sports like basketball can hardly make it through a game without fighting.

I believe wrabbit said it all as well as it can be said already. So I will stop harping on the point he made so well already.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

nce quite indeed
whatcha going to do about the invasion (past tense) of the 35 million La raza already here?
pretend?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join