It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A conversation with a Syrian inside Syria...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Came across this interview and thought I would share it here. Pretty interesting Q&A with what is apparently a Syrian man speaking about the situation on the ground and how the Syrian people feel about whats happening and Assad in general. Aref Hamdoush lives in Lattakia, Syria and he makes some very good points concerning the internal/external conflict, the influence from abroad, the way Syrians feel about the President and a few other issues.

Aref Hamdoush lives in Lattakia. He is a military and political analyst and has studies military science for 5 years. His sources include friends in the Syrian army, and former friends who have joined the FSA.

I don't know how much credibility to put into this but its definetly worth a read. I'll quote the questions which I caught my eye and throw in a link if anyone wants to read the full transcript. Maybe this can shed some light about the real scenario unfolding on the ground in Syria. The person doing the interview is Seth Rutledge and from what I can gather he is an activist from the USA but I cannot confirm that information.

S- Do Syrian’s support the Syrian National Coalition? Are they legitimate representatives of Syria?

A- The Syrian National Coalition is not national, they represent the Muslim Brotherhood. The Muslim Brotherhood only caused us troubles in the 80s. The Syrian National Coalition want’s a no-fly zone; no Syrian want’s a no-fly zone unless he is an agent of the West. The Iraqis tell us: don’t make our mistake.

If the SNC have the support of a large number of Syrians on the ground, then why are they afraid of the elections? Their support on the ground is getting closer to zero day by day.

You see Syrian society is made of many sects and religions. If the SNC, lead by extremists, wants to kill all of the other sects and religions then they are not with Syria. Any revolution in the world its purpose is to improve the country, not to bring it back into darkness and extremism like the USA and Saudi Arabia define Islamic. If they care about Syria they wouldn’t sell it’s factories to the Turks; they wouldn’t cut Alawite prisoners into pieces and send the parts to their families.

S- Is it true that the government is bombing bread lines?

A- Why would they do that? The first time the media said that there was a bread shortage Syrian TV showed people taking bread and nothing was going on. Then, about a month ago, there was a real problem getting bread because the FSA told their sleeping cells to buy large amounts of bread and throw it away. If the government blew people up while taking bread I think all the people would be against the government; and if 23 million Syrians were against the government then the government would have been gone long ago. If the Syrians want to remove the government it would be removed in weeks.

S- Why aren’t more Syrians marching in support of the government?

A- There is no need to march; it’s not about people being for or against the government. We have lives and are living them, if we march every day how can we work? Also many have joined the army to fight those extremists.

In Aleppo people are just trying to survive. But here in Lattakia nothing is going on, it’s all normal. People working, boys and girls walking in the streets with normal clothes, all the prices are almost normal here, many new shops and restaurants have opened. There are no fights.

What the FSA is doing in Aleppo, they are punishing people because they are against the FSA but cutting the roads, destroying the electricity.

S- Why are these people protesting if Syrians support Assad?
FSA Protesters

A- You see the black flags, those of are Al Qaeda, they are pro FSA. Theirs signs say: from Hama 1982 until now 2013.

Do you know the truth about 1982? At that time Egypt sent Special Forces to defeat our president Hafiz, may God bless his soul. Israel was attacking us in Lebanon, and in Iraq. The black oil company trained terrorists and sent them into Syria. Aleppo was the Muslim Brotherhoods base. The world was against us, Lebanon was in civil war and the Syrian army went to finish that war. The king of Jordan was killing all the Palestinians, so the Syrian army was going to go there, but Israel threatened us with a nuke. The president’s brother wanted Syria for himself so he was preparing a military coup; and our president was in very bad health, but he managed to kick his brother out of Syria.

At that time Damascus had bunkers, we were in war all over Syria. We did not have any financial reserves or food reserves, many places were under heavy attack from the Muslim Brotherhood. Hafiz sent the Special Forces to Aleppo and bombed Hama. The world was against us, still we managed to survive and claim victory.

When Hafiz bombed Hama it affected some people who carry a great grudge against the government, even if they have the best jobs and so on.

There are plenty more questions about other issues also including the influence of NATO, American issues and plenty more. I recommend people check out this side of events in Syria. There are a few articles on in the link and the interview is about the 4-5th story.

Interview with Syrian

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I mostly believe Saudi Arabia has blackmailed the west since 9-11. I say mostly because I dont understand why we just dont smash them into many pieces. James Woosley made a statement we were going tobe gunning for Saudi Arabia soon along with many other Middle East despots. That was sometime ago.
Yet we focus on Iran. We let the Wahabis run amuk.
Why are we still waiting? This Muslim brotherhood Mess is all Saudi and Yemeni funded usurpers to destabilize the whole ME and bring to circumspect Wahabiism under Saud.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Heres a couple more..

S- Are you worried that NATO will start bombing Syria?

A- NATO can’t bomb Syria. Where would they bomb us from? Turkey had the green light to make war on Syria by the USA, so Erdogan had a big meeting with the heads of the Turkish army; they told him that they would destroy Damascus and Aleppo and other cities, but it would open the boarders to millions of PKK to come into Turkey so Istanbul and Ankara would be destroyed as well. Also Iran and Iraq would enter the war, it would be a trap to the NATO forces, they would be destroyed by Russian, Iranian, Iraqi, and Syrian missiles and forces. Also Turkey has enough internal problems.

NATO can’t attack from the sea because Syria has a large arsenal of anti-ship missiles including the Yakhont missiles that Russia gave us which can destroy an aircraft carrier or destroyer. Syria also has very powerful anti-air systems that could bring down all kinds of aircraft and missiles.

Iran would close the Persian Gulf and the price of oil would skyrocket causing weapons factories to close. 35 American bases would be destroyed in the first 10 minutes of any war by Iran, so the cost could not be handled, especially the safety of Israel. If Israel started the war and the USA joined in it would mean WW3. They could not control the wars end, it could last 6 months, or years, and by that time no world will remain as it is.

Syria will achieve the big project by our President Bashar the united second Arabic nation: Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Palestine; and we will be a super power.

S- Why doesn’t Assad just go? Does Syria really need Assad? Or is it just his ego?

A- Its not about ego, we don’t want him to go, we love him, he is a true leader. He stood against 130 countries and let Syria survive for more than 2 years. The question is why should he leave? It’s not about him as president or not, it’s about if Syria remains or not. When this crisis is done Syrians will choose what will come.

I mostly believe Saudi Arabia has blackmailed the west since 9-11. I say mostly because I dont understand why we just dont smash them into many pieces. James Woosley made a statement we were going to be gunning for Saudi Arabia soon along with many other Middle East despots. That was sometime ago.
Yet we focus on Iran. We let the Wahabis run amuk. Why are we still waiting? This Muslim brotherhood Mess is all Saudi and Yemeni funded usurpers to destabilize the whole ME and bring to circumspect Wahabiism under Saud.

The Saudis are playing ball with the West and are an important ally especially if everything goes down hill with Iran. What I don't understand is how we can let them get away with what they are doing to their people yet we cannot have it in Syria or Iran, Libya etc. The double standards are a joke and truthfully I don't think Saudi Arabia will get touched by the USA.. I think when it comes down to it, Iran and who ever else wants a piece of them will deal with them.
edit on 26-2-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Very informative, thank you for the information.

Primary information is already great, but we must be wary of bias. Now i am not saying this is necessarily the case with this interview, but it should be considered.

You can interview citizens of any country and no two will have the exact same opinion about issues pertaining to their country and their government. One person in the US will call Obama a traitor, while others call him a savior. In Canada, people call Harper a fool, while other say he is getting things done ( Maybe not many
).

In any case, we can look as this as a better then MSM report on the current sentiments within the country.

However, I am sure internal Syrian media must have had some kind of influence. How would someone like this know that the ranks of FSA are swelling with Al-Qaida?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
Primary information is already great, but we must be wary of bias. Now i am not saying this is necessarily the case with this interview, but it should be considered.

I understand that and the website it comes from is also very pro-assad. But maybe this is the real situation in Syria, who really knows.

You can interview citizens of any country and no two will have the exact same opinion about issues pertaining to their country and their government. One person in the US will call Obama a traitor, while others call him a savior. In Canada, people call Harper a fool, while other say he is getting things done ( Maybe not many
).

I agree but he isn't actually propping up the government or anything. He may say a few things that are laughable but I think hes tellin the truth to some degree.

In any case, we can look as this as a better then MSM report on the current sentiments within the country.

However, I am sure internal Syrian media must have had some kind of influence. How would someone like this know that the ranks of FSA are swelling with Al-Qaida?

The Syrians would be well aware of Al-Qaeda. It says at the top of the interview that he had friends who have now joined the FSA. Maybe he is still in contact somehow, its hard to tell but with his credentials if they are correct, I'm sure he would know alot that none of us have even heard about.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

S- What is your opinion of the FSA?

A- Personally if one stood by me I would kill him. They are traitors, they want peace with Israel, they are agents of the USA and Israel, and they are no longer Syrians.

This was his first response to the question?

I think he's a little brainwashed and misinformed myself after reading the whole interview.

But then again, that could very well be the typical life of a Syrian as dictated by Assad.

I don't think we're going to get informed or educated answers out of any of them.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

A- Personally if one stood by me I would kill him. They are traitors, they want peace with Israel, they are agents of the USA and Israel, and they are no longer Syrians.

I think he's a little brainwashed and misinformed myself after reading the whole interview.

But then again, that could very well be the typical life of a Syrian as dictated by Assad.

I don't think we're going to get informed or educated answers out of any of them.

If the FSA is being run by the Muslim Brotherhood as the intervierer says,since when and why would they want peace with Israel?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

By the sounds of it, the FSA are not very popular in Syria, is that to hard to believe?

So a guy living in Syria must be brainwashed because the story doesn't suit the Western viewpoint?

The point is Syirans aren't worried about Assad being in power, the West are.. And I can find heaps of the interview which could be proven with factual evidence. The FSA are funded by outside Western aligned countries along with Western countries themselves so why would it surprise you that he would say he would kill FSA? Syrians don't like Israel and possibly the USA but the FSA want these countries intervening?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Heres an example of what I'm talking about.

A- You see the black flags, those of are Al Qaeda, they are pro FSA. Theirs signs say: from Hama 1982 until now 2013.

This can be proven without a doubt and the West openly admit that the likes of Al-Qaeda are operating inside Syria. One of the groups in Syria were also blacklisted because of their suspected links to Al-Qaeda. With that, the very same group has been labelled as having the "best fighters" in Syria. The have come from countries such as Iraq and are experienced fighters who also likely took a stand against US soldiers. But there is another thing these guys are very good at and thats Suicide bombings and car bombs.

Another example is Libya. The same flags that this person is speaking of were raised in Libya after Gadaffi fell, when the US embassy was overun last year. These terrorists are everywhere and why would Syria be any different?

From the 22/2/13

At least 53 people, most of them civilians, have been killed and 237 others injured in a powerful car bomb near the ruling Baath Party headquarters in central Damascus, state media says.

Syrian Television described Thursday's blast in the capital's central Mazraa neighbourhood as a "terrorist attack".

Now the articles says that this bomber somehow got through checkpoints and the bomb was aimed at government forces. The problem is most of the people killed were civilians and children. As much as Assad may be killing, the opposition terrorists led by Jabhul Al Nusra Front are committing the same actrocities.

Why would Syrians back groups who are killing innocent Syrians on a regular basis through car bombs, Mortar shells and suicide bombings? Wouldn't the US government condemn these acts if they were occuring in Iraq and against US soldiers? Why is it any different in Syria? Why is it the West can stand silent about Syria yet anywhere else condemnation is always preached?

Do I think this guy is brainwashed? No. I think he is living in a country who are being dealt the same fate as Libya and we know what sort of lie was also told their.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
LOL! The situation in Syria is so convoluted I'm not sure you're understanding my comment and I'm not so sure that you recognize when some one is agreeing or disagreeing with you. I agree with a lot of what you say and then I see statements by you that appear to contradict themselves and maybe it's only because of the complexity of the situation over there. It's hard to communicate.

I think this guy is a little misinformed and brainwashed by stating that the members of the FSA want peace with Israel. Why would that be his first response to a question about his feelings toward them?

I absolutely do not believe that the situation in Syria was started by Israel and the West (and I'm not even sure if that's what you are implying.) The situation is Syria was started the same way it started in Egypt. With the Muslim Brotherhood encouraging everyday citizens to raise up while coordinating with Al Qaeda and other terrorist groups to topple Assad.

In fact, on September 10th, 2012 an Al Qaeda leader released a video telling all Muslims to rise up in Libya to "kill the crusaders of the drone attacks". In another translated report that same week, I saw the same Al Qaeda leader telling the Muslim Brotherhood to stop dragging their feet on spreading "political Islam" throughout the Middle East.

This is what you're witnessing taking place in the Middle East and it has nothing to do with Israel or the West starting it. This is another reason that the U.S. held off so long in reacting to the situation in Syria. They knew they messed up by helping the Muslim Brotherhood take control in Egypt and they wanted to make sure they didn't make the same mistake twice. It has taken them awhile to analyze who's who in the situation and what the true intent is.

I believe the rebels were innocently duped into this mess and forced to align with extremists for their own survival. I think the extremists planned it this way as part of their effort to slowly, but surely, spread "political Islam" throughout the Middle East. Iran has highly politicized this concept of "political Islam" for three years now, but it's going to backfire on them because the Sunnis and the Shiites are going to fight over who the ultimate ruler over this "Islamic State" is going to be once it's been converted one country at a time.

The Sunnis and Shiites will only cooperate with each other long enough to bring the rule of law back to God for the whole region, but then they're going to fight over who's going to head it and be the leader of their new caliphate.

Some research on the movement for "political Islam" and and "Islamic State" will go a long way in helping to understand what they are really trying to accomplish over there, while they use Israel and the West as their excuse to try and disguise it all.

As you can tell, it's a pretty good cover, don't you think? Confuse everyone so no one really knows what's going on while blaming it all on Israel and the West.

edit on 27-2-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join