It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(ALASKA) State House Passes Restrictions on Federal Gun Law Enforcement

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
www.ktuu.com...

House Bill 69, which was backed by House Speaker Mike Chenault (R-Nikiski), passed on a 31-5 vote. As initially proposed it would make any attempt by a federal employee to enforce new gun restrictions a misdemeanor in the state -- but the substitute version of the bill passed by the House Monday upgraded the charge to a class C felony.

Me and a few of my buddies, we sent the article I can't remember which state, but they were trying the same thing. Anyway we sent the article to everybody in the house senate and they actually listened. I'm Jaded on politics so I am very surprised that they did listen to us and read our emails.

www.beaumontenterprise.com...
www.sfgate.com...

the article posted above has alot more information about it.
edit on 25-2-2013 by sandman441 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sandman441

I LOVE alaska, just bought more clips and ammo!!

I live in the Kenia Penisula, and to me it's laughable
the thought of the people I know here giving up their
guns...... Pphhhhh!! Yeah right

Two thumbs up! S&F I hope that more and more logic
and sane proposals get passed before their all gone
edit on 25-2-2013 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
haha yeah, I think atleast 90% or so of the people here have atleast 1 gun. I need to find some statistics about how many guns are in Alaska, I think as far our from Anchorage you go the more guns people have. I live in Anchorage (born and raised here) and I just can't imagine anybody in Alaska saying oh here's my gun please take it.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

ROFL, I know right. It's Alaska, come find me!!

The military has no chance but to nuke the entire
State, that door to door Sh$! Will not work
here. Peroid

We have mountain men, daily survivalists, tough, thick
skinned men and women, the weak will always go first,
But are local strong hold would be scary and a threat to
Anyone trying to take our lives down the wrong path.

I'm very strong that we have a few good politicians that
may actually give a damn in this State for the few who
still believe in order and rights. I can't feel like man if I
don't have a sense of pride and weapons to defend myself?

Men have used weapons for a long, long time, nothing will change.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
yeah especially in the bush. There are so many places to hide that they will never find you. I'm not sure about anywhere else, but they have enough problems with the meth labs in Wasilla.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this! Another example of ATS getting the news first.
I am Alaskan too and my hubby has been keeping me updated on Chenault's plan. I am happy to hear that they made it a class C felony as well, rather than a misdemeanor.
S & F just for the good news!!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
yes, that was what I thought the bill was lacking too. It wasn't much of a deterrent. So I am also glad it's a felony.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Of course they need to keep there guns. Palin can see Russia from her back yard!!

I was under the impression state law was trumped by federal? And if not, wouldn't the fed decare that said state went rouge?

Hmmmm, we aren't talking drug laws in California, guns are a entirely different matter.

Alaska should most definately continue on this and uphold the wishes of it citizens. I just hope this doesn't start the ball rolling into something bad

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I hadn't seen that headline ... Thanks!

I wonder how this will be enforced. I can't imagine a trooper arresting a federal employee and getting away with it. I'm sure the US Marshalls or some other enforcement arm of the feds would step in.

I think it's more symbolic than anything.

Yay, guns and snowmachines...not snowmobiles!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I believe federal law does trump state law. But I don't think the law is really enforced unless somebody bans guns and tries to go around the constitution. And when that happens, there will be bigger problems.

edit: I updated the first post, with a better link to a story with a little bit more information

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
States are supposed to trump federal , except for specific rights stated in the constitution. This may be more symbolic than anything, yes, but it is a great precedent. Our government was established to work from the ground up, local, state and then federal. The federal governments main task was to protect the states from foreign threats and to ease the relationship between the states. The entire system has been corrupt and flipped on it's head for quite some time now. That is why it is so great to see individual states standing up to the the corrupt federal government, who happens to be going against the Constitution anyway.

I understand it will be a difficult thing to uphold on the part of local law enforcement, but maybe this will just make them think twice before pursuing anything up here.
edit on 25-2-2013 by woodsmom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Yeah, that's what we hoped for was that if they did get serious about limiting or banning guns, It was just kind of a we hope you think about something before you just go off and do it.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

What hell is a snowmobile? Lol

Knowing some of the Troopers I know personally would most
definitely arrest a Fed or Marshal

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Bill: Forbid Idaho police from seizing banned guns

According to a measure introduced Monday in the House State Affairs Committee,
Government employees in Idaho who help enforce new federal firearms restrictions or registration requirements would be guilty of a misdemeanor, punishable with jail and a $1,000 fine.

Making a STATE-ment!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Haha, one of the few things I enjoy about living in Alaska.

It's nice living where I can go off the grid at the drop of a hat, well almost, if I needed to. Where no one will give up their firearms, where any firearm owner owns enough to arm their neighbors, who probably already have their own too, and where winter survival training for most people is just another day in paradise to us.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AK907ICECOLD

I LOVE alaska, just bought more clips and ammo!!

I live in the Kenia Penisula, and to me it's laughable
the thought of the people I know here giving up their
guns...... Pphhhhh!! Yeah right

Two thumbs up! S&F I hope that more and more logic
and sane proposals get passed before their all gone

I love Alaska, too. And I am all gung ho for this law.

But lets start a trend of using correct terminology. Instead of "clip", lets use the correct term, "magazine", or just "mag" for short.

Deny ignorance.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

House passes gun measure in a 31-5 vote Juneau, Alaska!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
yeah good on alaska and i think the issue people arent getting at least not yet is if the state officals arent going to enforce the federal gun law how will the federal government actually enforce it with police seemingly unwilling to arrest people for it? there are less then a million police in all of the united states
en.wikipedia.org...
so with there being less then 110,000 federal officers how do they expect to enforce this law if state law enforcement does not wish to comply?

/wiki/Federal_law_enforcement_in_the_United_States#List_of_agencies_and_units_of_agencies In 2004, federal agencies employed approximately 105,000 full-time personnel authorized to make arrests and carry firearms in the 50 states and the District of Columbia. Compared with 2002, employment of such personnel increased by 13%. Nationwide, there were 36 federal officers per 100,000 residents. Outside the District of Columbia, which had 1,662 per 100,000, State ratios ranged from 90 per 100,000 in Arizona to 7 per 100,000 in

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I'm NOT A big gun fanatic, but I find the recent news about issues like this, the State governments taking a stance against gun law restrictions, good news. We need to fight the Fed on this. They cannot be allowed to take guns from Americans. I do support a limitation to large capacity ammo clips but restricting gun ownership!? I'm against it!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I love my state...good to see all these Alaskans coming out of the wood work here on ATS. I wonder if I know anybody here.....I've always felt like we will have a head start during a SHTF event.....I left home for awhile after highschool and lived in LA and a few other spots and did not feel the same way.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join