It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US senator says drones death toll is 4700

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I am no fan of Obama, I was no fan of Bush either. These puppets are all the same. You can call us "Anti Obama" but I'm anti drone strike and am against anyone who authorizes or participates in these cowardly attacks...in fact... I believe those who participate and authorize these strikes deserve to suffer a drone strike upon themselves.

Screw it, let's give them a medal instead

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Remove the word "drone" and replace it with F-22, F-18, A-10 or AC 130 and see how pissed off people will get. Imagine launching these same strikes sans drones??

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Unfortunately, I foresee a future in which conflict will be facilitated by more and more unmanned equipment. The previous statement is a bit of irony in itself, on one had we protect our fellow country men and women from being in direct danger when piloting their missions, however on the other hand we have made war/conflict more impersonal and removed, which in my opinion makes killings more frequent.

It is one thing to look the person in the eye before you kill them, but another when you are killing from hundreds of miles away, looking from a monitor of a targeted position. Now, I cannot speak from experience, but It seems reasonable to think that the more impersonal the combat is, the more indiscriminate the combat becomes as you yourself have become so far removed.

In any case, we can only hope the technology will improve to limit unintended causalities and will not be used to enslave our countries….fingers crossed

In addition I read this article awhile ago about a city engineered to prevent/limit drone vehicle incursions:

A law student has caused a stir online after publishing a novel design for a drone-proof city.

Shura City, designed as a class project by Asher Kohn, 25, is an attempt to use architecture to counter surveillance and targeted attacks by the remote-controlled aircraft.

The provocative design, which is like a sci-fi riff on traditional Middle-Eastern architecture, uses a range of tricks to confuse the aerial death machines and keep the city's inhabitants concealed.

Drone strikes and surveillance are increasingly part of everyday life in the 21st century. Barely a week goes by without news of a fresh attack by the machines somewhere in the world.

According to the UK's Bureau of Investigative Journalism, a minimum of 2,629 people have so far been killed by drones in Pakistan alone, with many more in other countries like Yemen and Somalia.

And it is not only people living in predominantly Muslim countries who find themselves targeted, as police and spying agencies are increasingly using the aircraft as a covert means of surveillance at home in the West.

It was recently revealed that the U.S. military drones with surveillance capabilities so powerful they are able to track the movements of an entire medium-sized city all at once.

LINK

I wouldnt be surprised of more of this type of design gets more attention as every country around the world has taken notice of the advantages of using drones.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
4699 are "Terrorist" obviously.

Oh what!? Anti-Obama crew is already in the house?

Tell me all about how Obama wiped 2 countries, killed 100,000+ people and started the depression. Oh right it wasn't him.

Obama was mentioned by one poster, referring to the Obama doctrine.

Maybe you could tell us how Obama has killed fewer people with drone strikes than Bush did.
Oh, that's right, he has killed a lot more.

The best part is, you think Obama is better...... he is just more (and more) of the same.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I really don't care for one over the other, as long as everyone look down on all politician the same... but when one get blamed for EVERYTHING that's wrong with the country, thats when my bias detector goes haywire and step in and correct the unbalance.

As long as everyone get the same treatment, everything is good.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
HEY... it's okay because they're brown people (mostly). Brown people don't count!

/sarcasm

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Only cowards strike from the shadows and from great distances

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by spqrenki
HEY... it's okay because they're brown people (mostly). Brown people don't count!

/sarcasm

I think Indians, from India and South Asian are generally brown, i would call Middle eastern more of a Tan-beige. lol

yeah i agree, their lives have low value!
its like killing ants!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

Thus the creation of drones... made by cowards.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
People got what they voted for, but if romney was presdient and ryan vice president, things would be far worse.

It is time for the voters to start excercising their rights responsibly and stop listening to the brainwashing tube.

Also I am glad the anti-second amendment bills failed flat on their face. Just imagining gettting struck with drones, police, tanks, rockets, missles, nukes and having nothing to fire back with. If even 100 million weapons are still owned by civilians that can make a huge dent in the globalist machine.

No wonder they are pushing drones. I think they are losing confidence in the armed forces betraying the american people. I even read somewhere of the american government using United Nations troops.

4,700 people dead from drone strikes in the middle east makes you wonder WHAT EXACTLY is america doing there? They are openly advocating for overthrow of government which IS UNDEMOCRATIC and a violation of international law.

edit on 21/2/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Yup, and this is to that end...

Would You Empower President Obama to Kill With His Mind?

Imagine that President Obama is visited by aliens who give him the power to kill any human being with his mind. Simply by willing it, he can bring about his or her violent death, as if by a tiny missile. Alternatively, he can kill inconspicuously, so that the target appears to die from an aneurism, a heart attack, a stroke, or any number of other "natural causes" that he can vary as he sees fit. He is limited only insofar as he can kill just one person at a time, which takes roughly two minutes.

The power would expire at the end of his term.

Would that be a good thing?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
This is the hope and change of Barack "Drone" Obama. These drone strikes kill innocent children.

Under Obama, after tax Corporate profits are the highest in history, Wall Street is booming and the gap between the rich and the poor is increasing. The Fed under Obama is flooding the market with cheap dollars that enrich multi-nationals as they invest in emerging markets overseas.

So much for hope and change.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
So ..

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic
This is the hope and change of Barack "Drone" Obama. These drone strikes kill innocent children.

You do realize it was republicans who bought the drones, right? Heck, they're still saying we need to spend more on the army!
I'm not trying to justify Obama's actions. I'm just saying you need to get real. Putting the blame solely on Obama is stupid, and it is just what they want you to do.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

LOL this is silly.

I went after Bush when he was in office and Obama has increased these Drone strikes. It's sad how Obama worshippers want to blame everyone else for the failed leadership of Obama. He hasn't just increased Drone strikes that kill innocent children. Income inequality in America has increased as Corporate profits skyrockets and the Fed pumps the market with cheap dollars under Obama.

Stop crying about Bush and Republicans everytime someone points out the multiple failings of Obama.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
It is time to take down the US Government once and for all.
Destroy it.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by butcherguy

I really don't care for one over the other, as long as everyone look down on all politician the same... but when one get blamed for EVERYTHING that's wrong with the country, thats when my bias detector goes haywire and step in and correct the unbalance.

As long as everyone get the same treatment, everything is good.

Oh give me a break, he is the commander in chief!!! He is responsible for everything that happens on his watch. And so is every other POTUS while in office. This is about placing blame where blame is due, NOT dividing blame among everyone equally. This mindless Obama worship is just making everyone in the US look like idiots.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracytheoristIAM
The sooner TPTB can declare the U.S. a "battlefield "the sooner those pesky "domestic terrorists" can be fired on by an ever increasing presence of drones.

what hilarious part is the fact that Washington cant duck and cover and relocate

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

US senator says drones death toll is 4700

Disgusting.

How many signatures did it take for these crimes to happen?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoosM
How many signatures did it take for these crimes to happen?

None, it can happen with a nod, a spoken word, or a thumb up.

It's just that simple and easy.... Only the person doing the above must have absolute authority.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join