It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US senator says drones death toll is 4700

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+98 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

US senator says drones death toll is 4700

www.telegraph.co.uk

It was the first time a politician or any government representative had referred to a total number of fatalities in the drone strikes, which have been condemned by rights groups as extrajudicial assassinations.

The toll from hundreds of drone-launched missile strikes against suspected Al-Qaeda militants in Pakistan, Yemen and elsewhere has remained a mystery, as US officials refuse to publicly discuss any details of the covert campaign.

But Republican Senator Lindsey Graham, a staunch supporter of the drone raids, openly cited a number that exceeds some independent estimates of the death
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.aljazeera.com

+105 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I have always been against drone warfare, especially when they are illegally murdering people while violating a nation's sovereignty.

This part of the article reallylgot my blood boiling:

A US senator has said an estimated 4,700 people, including some civilians, have been killed in the contentious bombing raids of America's secretive drone war.

Including SOME civilians!?!

Senator Graham supports these drone strikes therefore he supports the cold blooded murder of 4,700 people, many of them civilians including women and children.

I wonder how Senator Graham would feel if his wife and children were slaughtered while collecting firewood or while on their way to school?

Since he is a "staunch supporter" of the drone strike program, he would probably be okay with it right?

What bothers me is that it's almost as if he is bragging about these numbers. Any human with an ounce of compassion would not support drone warfare, especially considering the ratio of innocents to actual "insurgents" that are killed.

Perhaps once Obama allows drone strikes on American citizens will people finally wake up to the horrors of drone warfare.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Then the US government wonders why peoples in other countries don't like them very much. Oh right, it's because of the freedoms they have, lol.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Holy crap.
4700 killed by drone strikes.
Dianne Feinstein says that civilian deaths are in the single digits? What is she, stupid?

I guess she never saw the list of children (by name) that have been killed by US drone strikes.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by RedShirt73

Like the freedom to indiscriminately bomb innocent people in foreign countries based on "intelligence" that is usually wrong? If Iran or North Korea were to fly drones into neihgboring countries on a daily basis and blowing people up I am confident public opinion would differ.

And yeah, I would be pissed too.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
sen graham will support any thing he is told to , in order to try and keep the obvious hidden. only 4700 ? , i am going to go out on a limb and say that the actual numbers are a lot higher. not to mention how many "terrorist" were actually killed as opposed to innocent people. oh thats right , as long as the victims are a certain age they are now classified as "combatants". it does not matter if they are gathering firewood or planting road side bombs.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Somewhere deep within the bowels of your government agencies, top officials gather to watch hours of LIVE high definition drone activities, and strikes on massive screens. They have access to a full bar, and all of the snack foods you could possibly imagine.

You just can't put a price on that kind of "entertainment".

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

You know what this makes me think. I think they found something there and they don't want people stumbling upon it. Hense the drones sweeping the area looking for intruders.

Maybe they found the fabled golden city buried under the sands.
edit on 21-2-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

and all of the snack foods you could possibly imagine.

Recent orders indicate that marshmellows are the preferred 'siege snack'.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Republican politicians are just upset that they aren't in charge of the program.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by IsawWHATtheyDID

I also have a hunch that the numbers are much higer due to the research I have done on this issue over the last few years. What really bothers me is that they try to trivialize the amount of civilian deaths and act as if it's mostly terrorists they killed when they wipe out a whole village.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

These drones might put soldiers out of work, they might start killing themselves because they are redundant, oh that's right, they already do due to post-traumatic stress.

So much easier to kill civilians with drones than soldiers

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The sooner TPTB can declare the U.S. a "battlefield "the sooner those pesky "domestic terrorists" can be fired on by an ever increasing presence of drones.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracytheoristIAM

The NDAA2012 already defined the US as part of the battlefield.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by conspiracytheoristIAM

The NDAA2012 already defined the US as part of the battlefield.

And now this?

In written responses to questions submitted by the Senate Intelligence Committee, John Brennan, the Obama administration’s nominee for director of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), refused to rule out drone assassinations of American citizens on US soil. The committee on Friday released a declassified version of Brennan’s responses.

www.globalresearch.ca...

It won't be long before the same thing is happening in Canada

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
somehow i think our debate with the US not droning us will go a lot like this.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Bingo! The drones are also getting smaller and more efficient for the "tasks" that they were designed for.

This is the Obama Doctrine at work!! AND it is not what people expected!! We are creeping our way into all parts of Africa and these drone strikes will only increase as will the over use of our Spec. Ops forces in these same areas. The days of large scale deployments are just about over....

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

I beg to differ . I am very partial to good popcorn.
(Waiting for a drone to chase flies).

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
4699 are "Terrorist" obviously.

Oh what!? Anti-Obama crew is already in the house?

Tell me all about how Obama wiped 2 countries, killed 100,000+ people and started the depression. Oh right it wasn't him.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIEGE
reply to post by roadgravel

I beg to differ . I am very partial to good popcorn.

(Waiting for a drone to chase flies).

Actually, they have swarms of drones that are like flies now.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join